Playing the Ball penalty

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

shawn.b

Reserve Grader
I must say I wont watch most of the games this week end but just thought we needed a count on the crack down on playing the ball incorrectly.

So far 1 penalty against us.

Please update if/when you see a penalty

As much as it was becoming a joke in previous seasons, now it will be a concern due to the fact that the ref's can't possibly watch every play the ball that intently, like most penalties it'll be the ones you don't get that could be telling.
Late in the game the Knights dummy half knocked on near our line but seeing the replay the "play the ball" was no different to what AFB got pinged for - ok we got the scrum feed but a penalty is a 20m headstart and coming off you're line is a big leg up.
I welcome the crackdown on the lazy play the ball but both of them at least made an attempt.

How did Andrew Fifita go tonight, surely he would've fallen back into default mode at some stage?

I thought most of the penalties against us were fair but this one was the only I noticed that I strongly disagreed with, I only seen it live and on a small screen but he looked to of made an attempt

Another one was Sirro giving a friendly face massage to Pearse
You see a dozen of them every weekend let go as well ?
The inconsistency is what makes supporter think there is favoritism
If your a team that is in the top 2 or 3 and performing well you can take a few bad calls and still win, ie
Melbourne over the last 2 years,
But when the games are tight and these penalties are crucial it’s the difference a lot of the time between a win or a loss, that’s why I never
bet money on NRL any more, it would be difficult to take having $1000 on Manly last night, in saying that we were also bad in the discipline and unforced errors which added to the overall disappointment
It just feels like a continuation of last year......

Stupid rule anyway. Put it on the ground with the hand and roll it back. No need for the foot to be passing it back, that’s for soccer. Will cut out contentious penalties and make it more consistent.

Isn't the rule that an effort has to be made, not necessarily touching the ball with the foot?

If so AFB looked like he only just missed the ball with his foot. Tough I thought.

"Timely" was the other thought.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6