Players to watch in 2012

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Copa Eagle

Reserve Grader
For me some players to watch in 2012 are:

Michael Oldfield:
I am one who is for Ben Farrar on the wing spot, but id be happy to change that if Oldie can show what he has over playing in the WCC. The kid has natural speed and talent, great under the high ball, he breaks the line nearly every run and no doubt he can slot into fullback. With extra game time id expect this kid to be a top try scorer. But he'll have to fight for his spot first.

Garry Riccardi:
From the games that i had seen him play in nsw cup the kid has potential. Runs his team around the park with ease ! If Foran does want to shoot off over to the Bulldogs then i think Manly would be still in safe hands and unleash another outstanding half into the world of Rugby League. Same goes, with enough game time he could be excellent. Id like to see him off the bench a few times this year, maybe towards the end of games around the middle of the ruck, so he can run a muck !

Your thoughts on who you would like to see this year, other notible players that id like to see break out this year are:

1.Darcy Lussick
2.James Cunningham
3.Lorenzo Ma'au

So much to looks forward too !

Jamie Buhrer is another that could step up with more game time, the kid is a natural, great step and swerve good hands and a great defensive technique

I agree re Buhrer and I'd like to see oldfield as well live up to the wraps people have on him.

Hopefully our rookies don't get '2nd year syndrome'.

Im thinking Lussick could have a big year with more game time! I want to see him keep using his size and presence he is powerfull, i love the way he stepped up to Hinchcliffe and Melbourne and did not take one backward step.

Lorenzo(who i only just found out about) would like to see what he is cpable of.

Phantar said:
Anyone got the oil on Lorenzo?

He won the best and fairest for the Ipswich Jets this 2011 season. So that is a really good sign. I believe he is a hard working kind of player.

Eaglette Fan said:
Phantar said:

He won the best and fairest for the Ipswich Jets this 2011 season. So that is a really good sign. I believe he is a hard working kind of player.

He did win the Jets best but is more a surging backrower with an offload. Have solid word he is a super talent & determined to overcome some poor choices made as a youngster that most of us as humans do make.

Also think Oldfield will play rep footy within the next 2 years & will become a key player this season - may include a few blunders but high octane players do things at speed & the glitches in his game will fade in time.

Would like to see this Ricardi off the bench in a Le Strange style role, more of Lussick who is a future star but beware of the outsiders to watch - these Warrior under 20's big Lossi , Fullback Slimankle & a few more from that squad who imo will not just step up but be well known by seasons end.

MK Eagle said:
Eaglette Fan said:
Phantar said:

He did win the Jets best but is more a surging backrower with an offload. Have solid word he is a super talent & determined to overcome some poor choices made as a youngster that most of us as humans do make.

Also think Oldfield will play rep footy within the next 2 years & will become a key player this season - may include a few blunders but high octane players do things at speed & the glitches in his game will fade in time.

Would like to see this Ricardi off the bench in a Le Strange style role, more of Lussick who is a future star but beware of the outsiders to watch - these Warrior under 20's big Lossi , Fullback Slimankle & a few more from that squad who imo will not just step up but be well known by seasons end.

I like the cut of your jib.

Wolfpack said:
MK Eagle said:
Eaglette Fan said:
Phantar said:

Cut of jib - sounds like a compliment Wolf so will take it like a swift flat cutout pass...;)

MK Eagle said:
Wolfpack said:
MK Eagle said:
Eaglette Fan said:
Phantar said:

Cut of jib - sounds like a compliment Wolf so will take it like a swift flat cutout pass...;)

Jib or jibe?

Jib.

Agree with you big time on Oldfield, he's got talent & potential in spades. Could be anything if we persist with him. Doesn't have any injury issues like Whare either, which is a plus.

Re:Riccardi, I think we need a bit of creativity off the bench to change things up. A player like Riccardi coming off the bench could make a world in difference in games like the StGI game at the Gong this year. Plus the club needs to give him game time or he'll just go elsewhere.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6