Players earning less than $150K in our side

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Miski- $105K- ( Rookie)
Hopoate- $105K ( Manly junior system)
Parker- $150K ( Manly junior who would have got a slight bump in pay)
Elliot- $150K ( Recruit from Titans so we would have paid more than a rookie wage)
Cust- $105K ( Manly Junior system)
Cherry Evans- $1.25M ( Well documented salary- $10m over 8 Years)
Walker- $600K ( Marquee recruit from Souths)
Anderson- $105K ( Manly junior system)
Taufua- $250K ( been in our system for a while now and surely would be on at least this amount, Hes had a couple of contract extensions now)
Elgey- $350K ( Recruit from Titans and was already on a decent salary there, He was also touted as our marquee signing for 2019)
Croker- $125K ( Was on a development player contract, but he did come to us a couple of years ago and pretty sure it would not have been on a Rookie contract)
Suli- $150K ( Last chance saloon contract and this guy was on 1M over 3 years at the age of 18 so I don't think he would have been given a Rookie contract but not much more)
Garrick- $150K ( Recruit from Dragons, had played first grade and there where raps on the guy so I cant see him coming for a rookie contract, we would have paid more to get him away from Dragons)
Smith- $150K ( Recruit from Panthers, would have only left due to him wanting a go at NRL and didn't see an easy path at the panthers to get there, So we would have paid a little more to get him)
Kioa- $105K ( Rookie)
Funa- $105K (Manly junior system)
T Trbojevic- $800K ( I believe Bozo would have ensure he stayed no matter what and I feel Turbo would have stayed for less, but Bozo was not taking any chances)
Hodkinson- $250K ( Proven NRL player, At the end of his career but Barrett was desperate and would have thrown him around $250 to come, thats still 1/4 of Million dollars, not bad coin for a broken body)
Dockar- Clay- $125K ( Recruit from panthers , similar situation to San Smith, so we would have had to pay more than a rookie contract for him to leave the panthers)
Fonua- Blake- $450K ( Recently had a contract upgrade, was on a "last chance saloon contract" when he first arrived but definitely warranted an upgrade and I would say Des would have realised his real value.)
Koroisau- $400K ( Recruit from panthers during Bozo / Barrett rebuild so they would have paid $300K to get him here and he did get an upgrade so I think around $400K is what he would be on now)
Waddell- $150K ( See Sam Smith/ Dokar-Clay, Same situation)
Sironen- $300K ( Recruit from Tigers, another player from the Bozo/ Barrett rebuild and as Bozo is good mates with his dad I'm sure we paid a little overs for him back then, but hes looking the goods now)
Olakau'atu- $105K ( Manly junior system)
Gosiewski- $200K (Recruit from Souths, had a few people talking him up and Souths didn't want to let him go, so we would have paid a decent contract for him, he also got an upgrade.)
J. Trbojevic- $700K ( See T Turbo above- Bozo deal)
Thompson- $600K ( Marquee recruit when we needed one, again during the Bozo / Barrett rebuild when we couldn't attract a rookie to the club, so we would have paid a premium and well worth it)
Perrett- $200K ( Recruit from the dogs, again when we needed forwards depth and we would have paid overs for him at the time.)
Fainu- $250K ( Manly junior system, would have been $105K but recently got an upgrade , and well deserved, he would have jumped at an upgrade of $150K so I don't think he would be on any more. Bargain!)
Taupau- $800K ( Marquee recruit- well documented contract leak, well worth his contract)
Boyle- $150K ( see B Elliott)
Paseka- $300K ( Prized junior Recruit, even as a rookie coming to our club we would have paid big coin for his signature)
Sipley- $250K ( Recruit from Warriors and at the time the Warriors didn't want to release him, he would have wanted an NRL opportunity so we would have paid a liitle more to get him.)

thats 33 players-- so we would only count our TOP 30 in the cap and the other 3 players who have not played in FG would not be counted.
TOTAL salary per season- $10,390,000 and if we take off 3 of the Manly Junior/ rookie contracts, our TOP 30 Salary cap is about $10,075,000 for Season 2019.
If you have the time, and a large enough calculator, can you run your salary expertise over Easts' top 30 players?
I'm amazed that Manly, apparently, has salary cap pressure yet this is never the issue with Easts.

If we now look at what players may be worth or what they may get in upgrades over the next 3 years then I doubt very much we will be signing anyone of any real note, and with our juniors coming through I would not care, we have the makings of a really good side for the next 5 to 7 years.

Even if we pay Turbo 1 mill and Jake 850K , thats only 250K more than where we are now. Walker will resign for $450K , Api will be squeezed out as will Elgey, Perrett, Hogkinson saving us $1.35Mill,
giving some room to top up a few players like the Turbo/ Jurbo, Garrick, Suli, Waddell. Thompson may only have another season ( hope he does) but then thats $600K back into the Cap.
you will also find a few of the Rookie and Manly junior contracts will drop off and be replaced by B Turbo, Schuster, and co, with players like Boyle, Gosiewski, Croker being cut if they don't produce.

Rooster 2019 Top 30
A.Kepaoa - $105K ( Kiwi who played in the Roosters Harold Mathews)
B. Lewis - $105K ( Holden Cup player with the Roosters)
B. Smith - $105K ( Recruited from the Wyong Roos, played some junior football previously with the Roosters)
B. Morris - $300K ( Recruit from Canterbury due to salary cap issues, may have been on more coin with the dogs ($450K+) but at the end of his career and he would have wanted another tilt at NRL)
B. Lamb - $200K ( Recruit from Newcastle at a time when Newcastle may have not wanted to let him go BUT they had other options, he would have been on rookie salary $105K at Newcastle so doubling up on contract is all he would have needed)
C. Cronk- $1Mill ( Well documented Recruit from the Storm)
D. Tupou - $300K ( Resigned this year , Has been long term player with the Roosters, Could have moved on for more coin but I think he was convinced to stay in a star studded team, even with the Roosters signing Hall and Morris)
D. Hutchinson- $150K ( NRL debut with Dragons back in 2016, then played reggies until getting another crack with the Roosters- Rookie contract at best)
J. Tedesco - $900K ( Well documented Recruit from West Tigers to be just over 3.5Mil for 4 years)
J. Manu - $250K ( Roosters Junior teams rep- Resigned end of last year, would have doubled his rookie contract)
L. Lam - $105K ( Roosters Junior Reps teams player)
L. Mitchell - 450K ( Roosters junior Rep teams, reported to have a huge $700K final year contract in 2020, His contract is up in 2020 and Roosters looking to extend his contract, will be asking much more over $850K so watch this space)
L. Keary $700K ( Resigned for 3 years in 2017 reported to be for almost 2.2Mil)
M. Ikuvalu $105K (Rookie contract)
R. Hall $400K ( Recruit from Leeds 2 year deal, reported to be good money under $1Mill contract, So lets give the Rooster the benefit of the doubt and say it was $400K / year, after all the do have backup in Toupou, Morris, Manu, and Hall would have wanted a chance)
A. Chrichton $850K (Marquee Recruit from Souths, well documented)
B. Cordner $800K ( resigned 5 year deal in 2019 and well documented contract)
E. Butcher $105K ( Brother of N Butcher and star in the Jersey Flegg team, would be on Rookie contract.)
I. Liu $350K ( NZ rep player, recruited to Roosters 7 years ago to play in junior Rep teams, resigned for 3 years in 2017, reported to be just under 1mil over 3 years)
J. Friend $450K ( Resigned 2 year deal in 2018 and at the end of his career)
J. Waerea- Hargreave $650K ( Recruit from Manly, resigned 4 year deal in 2016 )
L. Collins $250K ( Resigned 4 year deal in 2017- Played Roosters Junior Rep teams)
M. Aubusson $300K ( Roosters Long term player, came through Junior rep team)
N. Butcher $200K ( Roosters Junior teams rep- Resigned end of last year, would have doubled his rookie contract)
P. Faamausili $125K ( Roosters Junior teams rep- Resigned end of last year, would have topped up his rookie contract)
S. Verrills $105K ( Roosters junior Rep teams- rookie contract)
S. Taukeiaho $200K ( Recruited from NZ Warriors, was an unknown when recruited and his contract is up in 2020, will obviously demand a massive upgrade)
S. Tupouniua $125K ( Roosters Junior teams rep- Resigned end of last year, would have topped up his rookie contract)
V. Radley $300K ( Roosters Junior teams rep- Resigned extension end of last year, extension up to 2023 would have doubled his rookie contract, and getting a 4 year $1mil extension would have been enough to keep him at the club )
Z. Tetevano $200K (recruit from Newcastle Knights, when he was in some trouble and not much of a player that anyone wanted on their books, so he would have gone cheap, His contract is up at the end of this year)

Total- 10,185,000 So surprisingly their Top 30 is pretty much the same as ours, They will obviously have issues with Mitchell going forward, but Im actually surprised. I basically applied the same formula, checked each player, read articles, worked on the basis that if they where a junior Rep team player or Rookie contract player they got closer to min wage, Recruits got slightly more depending on their circumstances for when and how they where recruited and the marquees is much easier to get background figures on from various sources.

Lets just kick their arse Manly!!!

[

Can you run your salary expertise over Easts' top 30 players, please?

there you go @The Who, and yep applied the same basic formula and theory to the Roosters cap and I was surprised. They will however be in a bit of trouble when it comes to L Mitchell resigning but I guess they will also be offloading a couple of players to do so. Aubussson may be one and they could always back end Mitchells deal to get through 2021.

Sam verrills was in the manly junior teams

Correct, he played for Avalon Bulldogs, but then went to Roosters at a young age, I couldn't find too much about him at Manly juniors,, The fact is hes a Rookie on Junior Rookie salary for the Chooks, They wouldn't have paid him any more.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6