player transfers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

18th Man

Rookie
hey everyone, just wanted to let you all know of The 18th Man website, which has all the latest player transfers and rumours in the NRL for all rugby league fans to view discuss...

Hope you all enjoy it !

P.S. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section !

Just had a cursory look. The rumour section has Jared Warea-Hargreaves back to us.

Ryan had a boner for him but who was it here that throat vomited at the thought of him returning ?

JWH to Manly was in the Telecrap yesaterday.

Said something about Des very keen to re-sign him after the Chooks stole him off us

i said this a few years ago that the rooters can train him up, pay a few of his bills and then he will return home where he knows he can win.

you wont see the best of JWH until he is in his late 20's.

No problems with him or Cuthbo coming back,but what Des says still has to be top priority meaning if either of those 2 f***ers are slumping,they go back to reggies

and not for top coin either!!!

Good news ! Thanks to some generous support we have now gone truly global and have acquired our own website !

www.18th-man.com is up and running...

P.S. If you head to my Blog as per my previous post it will automatically redirect you to our main website !

Hope you change the font on the new site, the one you are using on the blog is hard to read

**** JWH, I only would like him back if we can secure some of the young guns signatures first. If there's money left then sign him but I won't be too fussed if we miss out on him, he's hasn't exactly set the world on fire and is only one shoulder charge away from a dislocation and a long-term stint on the sidelines.

Huge mistake wanting JWH or Cuthbo back. They left for the big dollars so as they made their beds then, they should be left to rot in them. Both were just not up to the hard work ethic that we require in our forwards. Shoulder charges and stupid off-loads are just not required. Workhorses like Nood and Vic Morrow are the way to win, not poseurs like JWH and Cuthbo. When I read they might be returning I thought it's a gee up from Des. Probably is.

If you don't like a bloke than that's fine. But i'm happy to leave the judgement calls to Des. He's pretty much been 100 % correct over the last few years. If the rumour is true, Then Des obviously rates the blokle. That's enough for me.

Fonz said:
If you don't like a bloke than that's fine. But i'm happy to leave the judgement calls to Des. He's pretty much been 100 % correct over the last few years. If the rumour is true, Then Des obviously rates the blokle. That's enough for me.

I hope it's Des being cagey in deflecting the spotlight off our young blokes. I don't dislike JWH, I just think he's not that good. If he comes back I hope it's not at the expense of someone like Buhrer, Robinson and co. They might not have the aggression of JWH but have played a fantastic role this year and are solid 1st grade players who put in every chance they get. I also hope if he comes back it will be at a bargain price.

Too tell you the truth I don't even think we have to buy players from other clubs as we have plenty in our own back yard. I'll concede we might be a prop short if we miss out on Rose but JWH isn't a prop.

Well he's certainly aggressive enough and big enough to play prop so i don't see why he couldn't play there.

I trust Des to make the right calls on who signs with the club, but if they sign JWH and lose Buhrer or Robinson well I would be filthy!

And what young front rowers do we have knocking on the door in first grade?

People seem to wrap "youth" up in a bundle and not look at differing positional requirements

Isz, Lussick is knocking for one. Both JWH and Cuthbo are backrowers. We are rich in that area. Fonz, did you ever watch them play for us? I've not read anywhere that Rose is on the move out. Where did that come from?

JWH plays prop for Easts. I'd be delighted to have him back. He'd make our pack even more intimidating. I do worry about his discipline, but I've seen him shake up opposition teams like no other forward in the game at the moment.
And while we're at it, I bet Lama Tasi is regretting his decision to move. He had great potential, but looks like Smith has nobbled another goon 'un.
Wonder how long before he gets sacked. Hope it's after we give them a hiding.

Graham Lowe was on a league review show over here last night for an hour

Was asked if Manly would have any purchases coming, and he said no because we are maxed out on the salary cap and our priority for the past 18 months has been securing our young talent over bringing stuff in

Was also asked about the state of our 20s, and said that we simply don't have the money to spend on the players with the majority of our resources rightly or wrongly going to the NRL squad

DSM5, the fact that it has been stated by many that we are on the cap many times tells me someone would have to make way for JWH to come back. And since the backrow is full of world class talent and he has been playing in the front row for the Roosters it tells me that is more likely where he would play if he came back. And since George hasn't re signed yet and is (from all reports) not happy with the deal offered to him from the Sea Eagles it tells me he is either not happy or h is on the outer here. Please take into account that this is purely all assumed and not stated as fact.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6