Player signings - Almost funny

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Recently Manly had to upgrade the T Bros and also let a fair few players on decent coin go, had the salary cap back after 2 x seasons of penalties, plus the cap increase.
I would have to agree firstly that all things being even and the fact DCE is also on large coin, we are somewhere near our ceiling with cap space...yet the media beat up was All over it and not a mention of what extra money was available - only these upgraded contracts.

The thing that p***es me off, any other team has these "War Chest" and cash to burn, many who also have 3-4 or 5 players also on big coin, Most do - some more !!
The reason I bring this up, is an article on the Storm who apparently have a glut of cash to spend because they have Blair, Kata, Croft and Curtis Scott leaving, now I won't pretend I know what these boys are on, but besides Scott....I think the others would be on very conservative contracts....but there's more....they fail to add that Solomona got a significant pay rise, as has Brandon Smith, Jarome Hughes, Papenhuyzen, Olam who they have retained over Scott and the Massive lump Kamikamika who was offered HUGE money to sign in Sydney but stayed , after the Storm raised their numbers.

Anyways - there's my Friday blow up - can you dig it ??

Sounds familiar :)
I also can't stand it when our players become superstars who warrent huge coin after one good season. Take Parker, last year he was completely unwanted but now he's an international centre and will need a huge upgrade for us to hang onto him. Garrick is the same.
In contrast, teams like Melbourne and the Roosters pursue the next big things from a young age and do whatever it takes to hang onto them - But they are young and thankful to the club so they must be on peanuts.

The key to contract management now for clubs is anyone who is on decent coin who has an average season is leaked to the media as being a problem child that's so bad that they are not welcome back and if the player has a good season on crap money the coach is a prick and the player wants out...

Recently Manly had to upgrade the T Bros and also let a fair few players on decent coin go, had the salary cap back after 2 x seasons of penalties, plus the cap increase.
I would have to agree firstly that all things being even and the fact DCE is also on large coin, we are somewhere near our ceiling with cap space...yet the media beat up was All over it and not a mention of what extra money was available - only these upgraded contracts.

The thing that p***es me off, any other team has these "War Chest" and cash to burn, many who also have 3-4 or 5 players also on big coin, Most do - some more !!
The reason I bring this up, is an article on the Storm who apparently have a glut of cash to spend because they have Blair, Kata, Croft and Curtis Scott leaving, now I won't pretend I know what these boys are on, but besides Scott....I think the others would be on very conservative contracts....but there's more....they fail to add that Solomona got a significant pay rise, as has Brandon Smith, Jarome Hughes, Papenhuyzen, Olam who they have retained over Scott and the Massive lump Kamikamika who was offered HUGE money to sign in Sydney but stayed , after the Storm raised their numbers.

Anyways - there's my Friday blow up - can you dig it ??
And the slimes perpetual war chest.
Never ends.
I don't think there's a player on the market they don't have a go at.
And
They seem to have a 60 man roster not 30.
Kick em out...

if the reports are accurate at least officially , Storm has the highest T P A amounts in the N R L [ around some 850 k , almost 3 times Manly "s reported figure last season . A big advantage in any sense . Also probably is going to be still many moons into the future before Manly are able to fully discard their mythical ' silvertails ' image .

Sounds familiar :)
I also can't stand it when our players become superstars who warrent huge coin after one good season. Take Parker, last year he was completely unwanted but now he's an international centre and will need a huge upgrade for us to hang onto him. Garrick is the same.
In contrast, teams like Melbourne and the Roosters pursue the next big things from a young age and do whatever it takes to hang onto them - But they are young and thankful to the club so they must be on peanuts.
I agree with your annoyance on players wanting more money for one good season, but i would hardly say playing for the Prime Minister's 13 make you an 'international'.

I agree with your annoyance on players wanting more money for one good season, but i would hardly say playing for the Prime Minister's 13 make you an 'international'.
To clarify, I wasn't aiming this at the players. I imagine Parker is very happy where is right now, especially after last year.
It's the media (and probably player managers) pushing the idea that players are worth more that I get frustrated with.

I get annoyed when I read headlines such as "Great boost for Eels' premiership chances" (or another club), thinking they must have signed a superstar. Yet it turns out they have just re-signed players that were with them the previous season when they never looked like premiership aspirants.It's not a "great boost" at all; it is simply that they will have the same players.
This season I'm not seeing the 'big' signings, such as when Easts bought Cronk and Tedesco. The biggest news, to date, is that Vunavalu (sic) has moved to rugby. If Ado-Carr leaves Melbourne that will also be big. Ditto if Latrine moves somewhere, but I'm so over that story I don't care. And I think he will remain with Easts and we'll have stories about him now being "in the right headspace".
The clubs that will improve this season will be the ones who blooded talented youngsters in 2019 as these players will start to become the stars of the near future. I think Manly is well placed in this regard, and we have a good mixture of experience and potential.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4