Planning for 2017

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
There were just 7 players of first grade standard in this squad of 17 tonight. How can Manly possibly win another game this year other than perhaps Newcastle at home. This is why I'd keep Barrett.

I felt sorry for Jake T, Buhrer, Parcell and Vave tonight. They absolutely busted their guts, but without first grade standard work around them they are just neutralised out of it doing all the work. Taupau went missing as usual, Taufua is wasted on the wing, and Tom T was hampered as well.

Manly need a new squad, and before next year. Please clear out all the players under the NSW Cup standard line except for Godinet and Knight.

First grade standard:

Tom Trbojevic - champion
Matt Parcell - a great find
Martin Taupau - impact player, but goes missing
Jamie Buhrer - champion
Jake Trbojevic - champion
Jorge Taufua - time for the forwards
Siosaia Vave - Georgie Rose

NSW cup standard:

Brett Stewart - finished. Burned out.
Lewis Brown - arm grabbing, lightweight garbage.
Brayden Wiliame - lighweight who is horrible in defense.
Pita Godinet - keep him for later. A spark
Apisai Koroisau - rubbish. I'm sorry, he's rubbish.
Darcy Lussick - tries hard but is slow slow slow.
Josh Starling - tries hard but is slow slow slow.
Matthew Wright - lighweight whois horrible in defense.
Blake Leary - tries hard good energy but not first grade standard
Liam Knight - keep him for later, lets see

With finals over, time to start planning for 2017.

NYEagle

NYEagle
Two standouts according to Barrett in the presser. He wondered where we'd be without Api.

Trent Barrett has to go ! even with a full strength side he will fail against the top coaches ! He is in deep water and sinking to the bottom !

Keep Knight there with a view to next year.

He needs to work the silly penalties out of his game and playing with an old heas like Myles will help him no end. At least then we get some value out of Myles!

And FFS put AFB back in there. Another dozen games in first grade will help him no end.

Punt Brown and Leary. Williame can go when we get a player or two back also.

If John is back from injury whack him in there with Lyon back to centre.

Tom back to the wing to preserve him a bit this year.

AFB and Knight on the bench with Myles and Lussick starting props. (F*ck my life when Lussick is the best option lol).

Tapau and Buhrer second row.

So full bench of AFB, Knight, Starling and Koriosau (when DCE is back)

Wish we had the luxury of punting Stewart also, but we have no depth and realistically, it would never happen anyway.

I thought Lussick was about the only aggressive forward & played well, apart from the mandatory penalties...at least he had a dig.
Knight deserves way more time....in fact I think he should get 40 - 50 minutes, not 5.

Start with this by throwing in this years plans
giphy.gif

There were just 7 players of first grade standard in this squad of 17 tonight. How can Manly possibly win another game this year other than perhaps Newcastle at home. This is why I'd keep Barrett.

I felt sorry for Jake T, Buhrer, Parcell and Vave tonight. They absolutely busted their guts, but without first grade standard work around them they are just neutralised out of it doing all the work. Taupau went missing as usual, Taufua is wasted on the wing, and Tom T was hampered as well.

Manly need a new squad, and before next year. Please clear out all the players under the NSW Cup standard line except for Godinet and Knight.

First grade standard:

Tom Trbojevic - champion
Jamie Buhrer - champion

NSW cup standard:

NYEagle
No doubt we need

First grade standard:

Tom Trbojevic - champion
Jamie Buhrer - champion

NSW cup standard:

NYEagle
No doubt we need a clean out and that is emphasized by the fact people think Jamie Buhrer is a champion. Whole hearted effort does not make you a champion. It gains you respect for sure but Jamie Buhrer in the modern game is a fringe first grader at best.He simply does not possess the physical attributes to make a difference.

And anyone who thinks Api should play in the halves needs a long relaxing holiday.His effort is great but his kicking game is simply appalling and his organising skills basic at best. Teams simply target DCE and they shut us down. He won't change that and if Barrett doesn't know that then I give up.

I have booked a long relaxing holiday for September because there will be nothing of interest to me around here in September.

This thread is way over the top as our roster is not bad

A better statement would be "these players are in NSW Cup form"

And Lussick IMO has been one of our best the last few weeks, no problems with his efforts

Api as well is a very good player being played out of position being asked to run a team with no recognized halves partner

Stewart and Brown are former test players, out of form yes but to say they are NSW Cup standard?????

Brett Stewart is a Manly legend, pay him some respect!!

Godinet, Williame and Leary I'll give you but Wright and Starling are definitely first grade standard, sure they aren't champions but are no different to the Ryan Morgans and Chese Blairs in Melbourne or the Matt Priors or Jason Bukuya's at the Sharks

The issue is getting the team cohesive, working towards a plan and extracting everything from each player

And that is a coaching issue

Buhrer I don't feel cuts it either. He offers nothing in attack except a break for opposing forwards. Just too small and goes down in the tackle too easily. Combined with his injuries I'd add him to the projector slide.

• 🤝
Reactions: RWC
Taufua can't even jump.
He needs to change position or change clubs.
That bomb early on where he just planted his feet was embarrassing, only a Titans drop/ knock on masked how out of depth he was.

No doubt we need

No doubt we need a clean out and that is emphasized by the fact people think Jamie Buhrer is a champion. Whole hearted effort does not make you a champion. It gains you respect for sure but Jamie Buhrer in the modern game is a fringe first grader at best.He simply does not possess the physical attributes to make a difference.

And anyone who thinks Api should play in the halves needs a long relaxing holiday.His effort is great but his kicking game is simply appalling and his organising skills basic at best. Teams simply target DCE and they shut us down. He won't change that and if Barrett doesn't know that then I give up.

Goes back to the days where we had Sam Harris playing 5/8. Teams simply targeted the half (Monas most of the time) and shut down our plan. Things improved when we got Burns and then the final step to get Killer and Orford.

This is why Lyon must partner DCE for the rest of the year and we must start with genuine 5/8 next year

Taufua can't even jump.
He needs to change position or change clubs.
Taufua has been below ordinary forever. Definitely time to go.

Brown is without doubt the most overrated utility player in the comp. Bench player at best.

William is horrendous and a curse to boot.

Stewart unfortunately is done. Huge shame it's come to this for a club legend.

Replace these 4 to start. A quality centre,wing and a hard running and working backrower.

Mansour, Justin Oneil and Gillett or Lowe. With Lyon retiring and the clean out that will no doubt happen then surely we make a big play for them.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8