Pick the Winner of NRL 2006

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
This time last year I picked the Tigers to come last.

Who do you think will win this year and who will get the spoon?

Realistically I think the Dragons should win but will they choke again??

I can see Souths and Canberra fighting for the spoon.

I can see Penriff, Souths, Shraks, Raiders missing the Top 8 & have a feeling the Tigers might struggle with a premiership hangover.

Other than that at this stage anyone else can win it.

Injuries, rep duties, suspensions all could have a big impact before September comes around

I'm thinking the Dragons. I think they know this could be their last tilt at it, which will make them out in the extra effort. However, I can't really give a reason why the Tigers will do any worse this season that last, as they have an even stronger squad.

I need to see the trials before deciding

Dragons are probably still chokers. I would have to say the Rorters have a shot with the addition of Anasta and Harrison but their forwards look a bit short. The Eels if they can sort out their coaching problems have a real shot and impress me as the team to win.

The bookies have the Raiders as the faves for the Spoon and this time they may be right on the money.

Wonder if laurie daley will tip us for the spoon for the 3rd year in a row

I wonder which will be the first most important game of the year?

Manly....but if not us then maybe the Dragons- I've been saying St George for the past two years but now they have gotten rid of some the dead wood which seemed to upset harmony at the club they might be able to finally put it together....
Wooden Spoon is hard to pick and I think you will find a log jam down there...Raiders, Souths and Penrith (depending on how the Gower situation pans out). Maybe even the Tigers if they happen to lose Marshall (first time I'll ever agree with Phil Gould)...without him they lack that spark that got them the premiership and while Prince is a solid player I really don't think he is all that special!

01. Parramatta
02. St George
03. Manly
04. Brisbane
05. Roosters
06. Newcastle
07. Bulldogs
08. Wests Tigers
09. Nth Qld
10. Melbourne
11. Penrith
12. Souths
13. Sharks
14. New Zealand
15. Canberra

However, I can't really give a reason why the Tigers will do any worse this season that last, as they have an even stronger squad.

Hope thats not Sam Harris you're talking about Crusher :D

St George for the title & Souths/Canberra evens for the spoon.

St George will make the grand final although I'd love to see us take on the Broncos. A St George V Brisbane rematch.

I can see Melbourne taking the wooden spoon. Lost plenty of players in the last few seasons without making quality replacements. Losses include Bell, Kearney, Kearns, Orford. Have several gamebreakers but as a team are very weak. I also believe the purchase of Crocker and Cross will backfire, both are negatively aggressive. Canberra won't finish much higher above them.

1. St George
2. Brisbane
3. Parramatta
4. North Queensland
5. Manly
6. Sydney
7. Newcastle
8. Bulldogs
9. Wests
10. New Zealand
11. Penrith
12. South Sydney