Phil Hughes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Magill still holds the prize for that sort of thing being around at the same time as warne.

Born 10 years later he probably would have been known as our 2nd best spinner of all time. Wicket wise i think he is 3rd behind warne and benout.

SilentBob link said:
There's some great potential in NSW at the moment, Warner, Hughes, Khawaja, Hazelwood, Steve Smith, Henriques etc.

I'd hate to think where Australian cricket would be without NSW.

I'd hate to see where Australia would be without NSW, they are the pinnacle.

We may not exist as we know it , without them.

nodd link said:
[quote author=SilentBob link=topic=178961.msg204151#msg204151 date=1228813645]
There's some great potential in NSW at the moment, Warner, Hughes, Khawaja, Hazelwood, Steve Smith, Henriques etc.

I'd hate to think where Australian cricket would be without NSW.

I'd hate to see where Australia would be without NSW, they are the pinnacle.

We may not exist as we know it , without them.
[/quote]

I love NSW.

84 days later and he has 2 centuries and a halfa to his name including a top score of 150+.

Didnt think it would be this quick

I wonder how many more Tests Macgilla would have played if he were one to booze his life away in the dressing sheds like the rest of them?

Magill didn't play as Warne was always going to be in the team ahead of him. It had nothing to do with the inconguity of his habits etc as compared to the rest of them.

Canteen Worker link said:
Magill didn't play as Warne was always going to be in the team ahead of him. It had nothing to do with the inconguity of his habits etc as compared to the rest of them.
  Nonsense.  His principled stance against touring Zimbabwe led to a couple of years in the wilderness for instance.

TBH, faced with a night at home with Rachel Friend and a bottle of shiraz or being showered with XXX by dickheads, I know which option I'd choose. 

We always had the quicks to get the job done and with McGill and Warne both being leggies it usually didn't seem to be the way to go. I know there was a strong support for two spinners but I am not convinced that Zimbabwe was the reason why McGill was ignored.

I reckon macgill has taken 50% of his wickets from miss hit full tosses.

Phil Hughes is cemented and rightly so... great young player.

He and Mitchell Johnson have our future looking bright

Hughes is carving up County cricket. 3 tons in a row. Looking good for the Ashes.

The Gronk link said:
[quote author=Fluffy link=topic=178961.msg213016#msg213016 date=1237167219]
abusing the selectors certainly would not have helped his chances either

yeah I had heard he was a bit of a tool. 
[/quote]  During the Ashes commentary both McGill and Martin made it clear there was no love lost between them and John Buchanan.  Some of their comments bordered on defamatory. 

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6