Phil Gould on the Crack Pipe ......LOL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Is Phil Gould on the Crack Pipe?

• Yes?

Votes: 35 100.0%
  • No?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
On of the pea brained population on Facebook last night was trying to say that Daniel Tupou is only on about $200k per year.

Yep, a current international and two time premiership winning winger is on the NRL's minimum wage.....uh huh.

Someone said in the non-Manly games thread last night about Tedesco's try. A million dollar player (Cronk) passed to another million dollar player (Mitchell) who then passed to another million dollar player (Tedesco) to score. And in the background somewhere was yet another million dollar player (Crichton).

That's around $4 million out of a $9.4m salary cap. Then you ad the likes of Cordner, Tupou, Morris, Hall, Manu, Keary, JWH, Friend, Taukeiaho, Aubusson, Liu and Radley. And then fit in another 14 players and fit them at or under the salary cap??

Bull$hit.

giphy.gif

Yeah mate.
That's exactly what I thought.
He's hoping uncle Nick rescues him from his experiments gone wrong out west...
Phil is like the Arthur Hamilton (actor John Randolph) character in the 1966 movie ‘Seconds’. After an operation, Arthur comes out looking like Rock Hudson. Because it is Rock Hudson playing Arthur under an assumed name.

So Phil wants to look like Rock, so he can fit in with the Watson’s Bay set. Instead of looking like Phil and thus fitting in with the Warragamba set.

As for ‘Seconds’, it’s well worth watching.

Last edited:
we had 10 of our 2013 team debut with the club as well, how come we haven't could another 10 million dollar rep players?

Phil is like the Arthur Hamilton (actor John Randolph) character in the 1966 movie ‘Seconds’. After an operation, Arthur comes out looking like Rock Hudson. Because it is Rock Hudson playing Arthur under an assumed name.

So Phil wants to look like Rock, so he can fit in with the Watson’s Bay set. Instead of looking like Phil and thus fitting in with the Warragamba set.

As for ‘Seconds’, it’s well worth watching.
Wasn’t Rock really good at something else?....it’s on the tip of my tounge.....maybe Phil’s got the same yearning?

I think we must all live in another universe to him? That article does not relate to mine.....

This is similar to the absolute BS that’s been talked about Melbourne ‘developing’ players for years. Having the News Ltd $$$ to buy up the cream of the Australian Schoolboys crop every year isn’t ‘developing’ players, it’s locking up the best prospects and taking them out of the talent pool other clubs have to choose from. The rorters are the same - let someone else develop them until they’re standouts amongst their peers, then wave the chequebook.

Ironically, it’s Penrith that are actually one of the better clubs in terms of junior talent identification and development - partly due to the pool they have to choose from, of course. There’s a lot of Penrith-developed talent spread right across the NRL.

25 votes to 0 for Phil Gould being on the crack pipe! Very rare that we get a unanimous ruling. However, I am a little disappointed that @Woodsie hasn't offered a contrary view and thrown in a few numb nuts and punchies ......

25 votes to 0 for Phil Gould being on the crack pipe! Very rare that we get a unanimous ruling. However, I am a little disappointed that @Woodsie hasn't offered a contrary view and thrown in a few numb nuts and punchies ......

Several points for the Punchies to ponder .... aw shiite .... sorry .... we all know you numbnuts are incapable of ponderingness .. but here we go anyway ...

1) Last night we played with only 7 players that debuted with the club and only 2 local juniors .... so comparetively .. where does that place us ??

2) As a very famous gentleman said .... you do not need a consensus of votes by punchies to prove a point .... you only need one fact ....

Several points for the Punchies to ponder .... aw shiite .... sorry .... we all know you numbnuts are incapable of ponderingness .. but here we go anyway ...

1) Last night we played with only 7 players that debuted with the club and only 2 local juniors .... so comparetively .. where does that place us ??

2) As a very famous gentleman said .... you do not need a consensus of votes by punchies to prove a point .... you only need one fact ....
Come on now, off the fence .... in your view after reading that article where he tried to make the argument that a club that is able to assemble a roster that is clearly ridiculously over the salary cap is he on the crack pipe or not?

Come on now, off the fence .... in your view after reading that article where he tried to make the argument that a club that is able to assemble a roster that is clearly ridiculously over the salary cap is he on the crack pipe or not?

Regardless of how eloquent your argument .... if it is prefaced on a false premise .... it is simply just baldadash ....

If... IF ... you can prove your assertion that Easts roster is "ridiculously over the salary cap" .. then a debate would be valid ...

However, in the absence of any proof .... you are simply talking gibberish .....

Regardless of how eloquent your argument .... if it is prefaced on a false premise .... it is simply just baldadash ....

If... IF ... you can prove your assertion that Easts roster is "ridiculously over the salary cap" .. then a debate would be valid ...

However, in the absence of any proof .... you are simply talking gibberish .....
Yeah, but I love talking gibberish.......

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8