Petition to try and Save our Fortress.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Phantar - you clearly read too much Murdoch Press, and by the sounds of it, listen to too many people with similar views to your own and literally regurgitate what you have heard.

simon_eagle said:
Ha ha ha okay, young boy. I'll bookmark this thread and will quite happily bring it to your attention, say this time next year? By then I would fully expect plans to be in place and federal funding commissioned for the project.

No public sector jobs have been cut by Federal Labor, and if you can show me statistics that prove otherwise then I'd very much like to see them.

I'm more certain that federal funding would be provided, than Council will have their plans in place.

You might to look at what is happening in departments like the AGD and DFAT.....

...and I can't recall being called a young boy since circa 1973. I turned 12 that year.

EagleNEST said:
Phantar - you clearly read too much Murdoch Press, and by the sounds of it, listen to too many people with similar views to your own and literally regurgitate what you have heard.

Yes, yes...that must be the reason...just like that Phony Tony fellow.

simon_eagle said:
Ha ha ha okay, young boy. I'll bookmark this thread and will quite happily bring it to your attention, say this time next year? By then I would fully expect plans to be in place and federal funding commissioned for the project.

No public sector jobs have been cut by Federal Labor, and if you can show me statistics that prove otherwise then I'd very much like to see them.

Labor may try to claim they haven't sacked APS but there crushing reduction in Govt departments funding means no replacements for those that leave. A good 'hands off' way to reduce the workforce. And yes, I've seen it for myself.

Hamster Huey said:
Labor may try to claim they haven't sacked APS but there crushing reduction in Govt departments funding means no replacements for those that leave. A good 'hands off' way to reduce the workforce. And yes, I've seen it for myself.

I personally had a promotion offer worth $30K a year 'frozen' the week of the Federal Budget last year -because the offer had only been made verbally at that stage. Apparently we're not allowed to use the phrase 'recruitment freeze' though.

And that was a direct result of the huge chunk gouged out of the Defence budget.

Phantar said:
simon_eagle said:
eelcatcher said:
Signed, 596 out of 600

Signed as well.

Sorry, but if folks think Phony Tony will do anything to save Brookvale Oval then they are deluded. In this coming months, he'll be far to busy cutting public sector jobs, cutting education funding and health services and removing the great big, scary carbon tax.

Seriously if you think a man who looks like leading the Coalition to a victory in September, possibly a landslide based on the polling, won't have enough political capital within his own caucus to direct his Treasurer to direct $10-12 million Brookvale's way, then you are very wet behind the years. And presumably devoid of any strategic thought processes.

If you believe he will give up a single $ that he doesn't absolutely have to then I would say you are equally wet behind the "years"

MWSE said:
Phantar said:
simon_eagle said:
eelcatcher said:
Signed, 596 out of 600

Signed as well.

Sorry, but if folks think Phony Tony will do anything to save Brookvale Oval then they are deluded. In this coming months, he'll be far to busy cutting public sector jobs, cutting education funding and health services and removing the great big, scary carbon tax.

Seriously if you think a man who looks like leading the Coalition to a victory in September, possibly a landslide based on the polling, won't have enough political capital within his own caucus to direct his Treasurer to direct $10-12 million Brookvale's way, then you are very wet behind the years. And presumably devoid of any strategic thought processes.

If you believe he will give up a single $ that he doesn't absolutely have to then I would say you are equally wet behind the "years"

We may have a new silvertails meme here.
It's been a while.

I signed a few days ago also.

Errr... I thought the problem was that the council hadn't gotten a plan together to present to the state and or federal governments?

Is this correct? I seem to remember the 'pollies' saying "love to help but there's no plan."

*shrugs*

Over to youse goize!

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Duff said:
MWSE said:
Phantar said:
simon_eagle said:
eelcatcher said:
Signed, 596 out of 600

Signed as well.

It's been a while.

I hope you aren't trying to hijack this thread Duff ;)

sardine.gif

globaleagle said:

Errr... I thought the problem was that the council hadn't gotten a plan together to present to the state and or federal governments?

Is this correct? I seem to remember the 'pollies' saying "love to help but there's no plan."

*shrugs*

Over to youse goize!

You're right ge, and devilishly handsome.

globaleagle said:
globaleagle said:

*shrugs*

Over to youse goize!

You,re right ge, and devilishly handsome.

How can you quote your own post like that? Shameless gerrymandering.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Duff said:
MWSE said:
Phantar said:
simon_eagle said:
Signed as well.

It's been a while.

sardine.gif

ManlyArmy said:
Hi all,

There has been a petition created to try and save Brookvale Oval. The petition is aimed at saving our Fortress and seeing how many people will get behind the idea before we go any further. More details on the petition info.

Link: http://www.communityrun.org/petitions/save-our-fortress-brookvale-oval

If you want to say something bad, please try and refrain yourself. If you want to help please sign this petition.

One and all,

Lets not go quiet on this.... Pass it on to EVERYONE you can think of because we really need to show that we as fans really GIVE A DAMN :D Keep it going, do not stop !!!! Thank you :)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Duff said:
MWSE said:
Phantar said:
simon_eagle said:
Signed as well.

It's been a while.

sardine.gif

You'd be wet behind the years to think anything else. Or to think that. Not sure what it means yet, but we can figure it out.

Duff said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Duff said:
MWSE said:
Phantar said:

It's been a while.

sardine.gif

You'd be wet behind the years to think anything else. Or to think that. Not sure what it means yet, but we can figure it out.

C'mon, boys. Keep your powder dry; the real stuff is still over a week away.

ManlyArmy said:
Hi all,

There has been a petition created to try and save Brookvale Oval. The petition is aimed at saving our Fortress and seeing how many people will get behind the idea before we go any further. More details on the petition info.

Link: http://www.communityrun.org/petitions/save-our-fortress-brookvale-oval

If you want to say something bad, please try and refrain yourself. If you want to help please sign this petition.

654 of 800 :) let's keep this circulating people :) send it to everyone you know that would sign and keep it going :) Cheers :)

800-1500 signatures is what's to be expected. There is so much apathy or couldn't be bothered in our culture. Can this change?

If this was Souffs crew on board they would get 50,000 signatures!! That march they did against being kicked out was amazing! Even the stupid Bears have a big fan base at the Coast and they don't even have a team.

Darren said:
800-1500 signatures is what's to be expected. There is so much apathy or couldn't be bothered in our culture. Can this change?

I can't be bothered arguing with you tonight.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4