Peter "SPIDER" Everitt

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tillidie

Peter "SPIDER" Everitt

Hey guys and gals just curious as to what all your thoughts were on Spiders comments about women and footballers .
Why arnt they named and shamed when footballers lives get destroyed andnames dragged through hell yet once its all over , once the not guitly verdict is read out all we hear is a few days of being innocent yet the girl can walk away unscathed.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8099976

Re: Peter "SPIDER" Everitt

Both KAK and Spida were a bit stupid to publicly state their thoughts, even though there may be merit in these thoughts, firstly because of the guaranteed public backlash, and secondly because we don't know the full story.

As we are all aware there are girls who prey on famous people, or you can have false accusations made against you based on many circumstances. But sexual assault does occur, and this needs to be investigated and people punished where guilt is found.

As to naming and shaming, in these cases neither party should be named. In Brett's case there will be those who will always (wrongly) believe he is guilty due to the media reports at the time and pre-conceived ideas on footballers, therefore he and others should be protected whilst an investigation/trial etc is in progress.

There should be limited, if any, information made available to the public until all matter relating to an accusation have been finalised. Although I have to accept that is a big ask in the current society.

Shire Eagle link said:
to be honest he is spot on, but these days you cant say that.

Thats life unfortunately

Agree 150%

He IS spot on but you can't say it.....but I hate do gooders so GO SPIDER

On Sunrise this morning they said 90% of the emails they got were in support of Everitt.

QUOTE : (http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8099976)

Everitt sparked controversy yesterday when he used Twitter to comment on sexual assault allegations stemming from Collingwood's AFL Grand Final celebrations.

"Yet another alleged girl, making alleged allegations, after she awoke with an alleged hangover and I take it an alleged guilty conscience," Everitt tweeted.

"Girls!! When will you learn! At 3am when you are blind drunk & you decide to go home with a guy ITS NOT FOR A CUP OF MILO! Allegedly......" 

. . . . . . . .

Is this the part you are all agreeing with?  Are you suggesting that if a woman gets drunk she is giving up her right to say no?

It's easy to take the moral high ground on this one as it's a touchy subject. All he is saying is that you've got to accept some responsibility for your actions.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4