PETER PETERS Manly Daily item

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
People who matter want Mayer to stay

20 Feb 09 @ 01:39pm by PETER PETERS
http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/people-who-matter-want-mayer-to-stay/

MANLY CEO Grant Mayer continues to do great things for the Sea Eagles despite the drama during the week.

Mayer received a massive $2.7 million deal with major sponsor Quantum Eco Hot Water and will follow up with a new $1.6 million deal which will be announced next week.

Seen as the brightest young CEO in the game, there appears to be lots of interest in Mayer from opposition NRL clubs and the English Super League.

A strong groundswell of influential people within the Sea Eagles want to retain Mayer, who is very popular with the players as a tough but fair administrator.

His record at Manly in all parts of business is outstanding, according to chairman Scott Penn who is open in his support of Mayer.

MONDAY morning’s match with the London Harlequins at The Stoop will be the lull before a massive storm for the Manly Sea Eagles.

Hasler will treat the Harelquins match as a chance to iron out the chinks from a tough off-season before the 2008 NRL premiers take on a tough and professional Leeds Rhinos at a jam-packed Elland Road in Leeds.

A team of young hopefuls will get 40 minutues of action against London before the bulk of last year’s premiership side take the field for the second half.

Much interest will centre around rookie halves Trent Hodkinson and Kieran Foran, backrower Shane Rodney and giant forward Jared Waerea-Hargreaves.

Coach Des Hasler isn’t concerned about the result against the London-based side.

“We are here on a mission next weekend,” Hasler said.

“This is a trial just to have a run in England and to get our rhythm and timing right.

“What we want is a good, injury- free hit out.”

FORMER Newcastle five-eighth or backrower Chris Bailey can’t wait to play outside Matt Orford and inside Jamie Lyon and Steve Matai.

“I watched with envy last season once I knew I was heading to the Sea Eagles,” Bailey said

“Now I’m here, I can’t wait to get started.”

Bailey who was hand-picked by the Manly coaching staff a few seasons ago, comes to the premiers with a big wrap from former teammate Andrew Johns.

“Bailey will thrive under the Manly spit and polish, just like Josh Perry did last season,” Johns said.

THE Sea Eagles are enjoying their training camp at trendy Richmond Hill in London.

Richmond Hill is the home of rocker Mick Jagger who lived directly opposite the team hotel for many years with girlfriend Jerry Hall.

Just down the road is the magnificent home of English rugby union, Twickenham.

DAVID “Wolfman” Williams continues to attract a cult following wherever he goes.

Spotted outside the team hotel yesterday were three supporters sporting fake beards, Manly jerseys and howling in the mist for the “Wolfman” to make an appearance.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
People who matter want Mayer to stay

20 Feb 09 @ 01:39pm by PETER PETERS
http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/people-who-matter-want-mayer-to-stay/

MANLY CEO Grant Mayer continues to do great things for the Sea Eagles despite the drama during the week.

Mayer received a massive $2.7 million deal with major sponsor Quantum Eco Hot Water and will follow up with a new $1.6 million deal which will be announced next week.

Seen as the brightest young CEO in the game, there appears to be lots of interest in Mayer from opposition NRL clubs and the English Super League.

A strong groundswell of influential people within the Sea Eagles want to retain Mayer, who is very popular with the players as a tough but fair administrator.

His record at Manly in all parts of business is outstanding, according to chairman Scott Penn who is open in his support of Mayer.

Thats a statement of the obvious except that there appears to be 5 people who matter that have a personal axe to grind with Mayer and are blinded to it.

Zorba spent a great deal of time saying last week that this should not be a public debate. 7 days later and he still throwing fuel to the fire.

ManlyBacker link said:
But he is back to having on only his journalist hat :) ;)

to believe that I would also have to believe that Matabele is the love child of John Howard & Bronwyn Bishop.

Corso_Pete link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=179221.msg207726#msg207726 date=1235180186]
But he is back to having on only his journalist hat :) ;)

love child of John Howard & Bronwyn Bishop.
[/quote]

gee that would be an ugly baby

Zorba is just an unbiased commentator saying what he sees.  Credibility? he's related to one of the protagonists in this unedifying conflict.  That said, I thought he was an employee of the Club.  He's got a direct line into the Telecrap feeding them destabilizing articles and generally stirring the pot.  Agenda? surely not.  If he was in my employ I'd sack him on the spot, whether he was on my side or not, he shouldn't be on anybody's side.  Enough already.

DSM5 link said:
Zorba is just an unbiased commentator saying what he sees.  Credibility? he's related to one of the protagonists in this unedifying conflict.  That said, I thought he was an employee of the Club.  He's got a direct line into the Telecrap feeding them destabilizing articles and generally stirring the pot.  Agenda? surely not.  If he was in my employ I'd sack him on the spot, whether he was on my side or not, he shouldn't be on anybody's side.  Enough already.
  Well the employees haven't exactly been treated well or fairly by the Board now, have they?

Matabele link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=179221.msg207730#msg207730 date=1235181400]
  Well the employees haven't exactly been treated well or fairly by the Board now, have they?
[/quote]

Thats called business Mata

Not an ounce of responsibilty by boards and upper management

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8