• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

GraEddie

Ch 9 reporting that Hiku's manager has flown in from NZ with speculation that they will visit the dogs….they interviewed Hiku and he said he didn't mind not playing fullback and would play anywhere in the back line as long as he gets to play with his mates….it looks more and more likely he will go as everyone else in the back line is already signed….can't see 2V getting rid of Wolf or Jorge…also Kingy and Skivy saying how integral Gifty is to the team and that others would consider their contracts if he leaves….

GraEddie said:
Ch 9 reporting that Hiku's manager has flown in from NZ with speculation that they will visit the dogs….they interviewed Hiku and he said he didn't mind not playing fullback and would play anywhere in the back line as long as he gets to play with his mates….it looks more and more likely he will go as everyone else in the back line is already signed….can't see 2V getting rid of Wolf or Jorge…also Kingy and Skivy saying how integral Gifty is to the team and that others would consider their contracts if he leaves….
Well then how many mates does he have at Canterbury? I would have thought they are all here at Manly.

Well Jorge just recently re-signed for a couple more years, so realistically the only spot left is Wolfies.

I fear unless he gets a permanent spot, the dogs will lure him to belmore.

It will be sad really if we loose him cause he definelty has a spot in our future.

Cmon Hiku stay with manly.

No Club can afford to take them en masse, so these threats of a mass walkout is an affront to the Manly Members :mad:

Our Players are sounding more and more like Fifi :dodgy:

Either they honour their contracts and have the courtesy to consider the Club's future, or get split up and bank the monies from other Clubs. :cool:

Zero loyalty being expressed for any of the 11,000+ Members .

NRLneed to get the Transfer Window out of the regular season ASAP :idea:

I must admit, i was shocked when we re signed Wolfie. I thought the club would of released him to keep Hiku.

Can't blame Hiku if he left. All of our backs have signed up for a few more years.

Very annoying news if true! Does anyone know Kevin lockes situation, is he injured or does he just not fit into the warriors team, if hiku goes I'd be having a look at Locke, but only at the right price ! Plays on the wing instead of wolf, sad to say, and hen when Brett goes in a few years Locke slips into fullback, long shot yes ! But with all the talk going on these days who knows !!

Id like to see Hiku stay but I don't blame him if he does go, just hope he doesn't take ligi sao with him as they both came together from the warriors

I think Kevin Locke is def on the outer in NZ @bennyeagle, and I rate him as a player, too.

Just hope we can offer Peta enough of a deal to stay. Yeah, he would have to be patient, and unless something terrible happened and Snake retired early, he's looking potentially at a couple of years of this floating utility role.
I do think he'd make a perfect centre, but again he's waiting for Killer or Skivvy to call it a day,
and he sounds like a kid that just wants to get out and play footy.

Of course, if someone like the cynical Dogs can offer him double or more than what we can,
it makes it pretty hard to resist.

HappilyManly said:
No Club can afford to take them en masse, so these threats of a mass walkout is an affront to the Manly Members :mad:

Our Players are sounding more and more like Fifi :dodgy:

Either they honour their contracts and have the courtesy to consider the Club's future, or get split up and bank the monies from other Clubs. :cool:

Zero loyalty being expressed for any of the 11,000+ Members .

NRLneed to get the Transfer Window out of the regular season ASAP :idea:
The latest article about G.Stewie and Hiku is nothing new really. Matai's comment about the management not knowing about the playing group is interesting.
I hope the club starts listening to the players and supporters and sorts things out soon.
The players could also stop demanding so much money.

My thinking manager has figure he wants club has another why gifty has no offer made public. Bottom line he may have to take pay cut to stay.

I'd rather we win a competition now then worry about winning one in a few years time. Both Stewart brothers are more likely to make that happen than Hiku this year, and the next, so if he has to go then so be it. I think he is a great prospect, but the Stewart's are still top quality class acts and should be top priority. All this talk of the Stewart's getting old is pointless, because they still play great football now! Who thinks we beat Souths and make the GF last year without them? Not me!

If it had to happen, hypothetically i could handle losing Hiku.
Lets just get our genius recruiters, Tooves and Warwick, to get another young gun back to fill the void. Have faith boys, if Hiku goes there will be plenty more amazing talents we get to the club in his place

Lord Eagleton said:
If it had to happen, hypothetically i could handle losing Hiku.
Lets just get our genius recruiters, Tooves and Warwick, to get another young gun back to fill the void. Have faith boys, if Hiku goes there will be plenty more amazing talents we get to the club in his place

I'd rather we offload Wolf and put Hiku on the wing outside Lyon. I know it is rude to suggest getting rid of one of our star players in Wolf but i honestly think Hiku is a great overall footballer and as he gets older would be a quality centre as well...

To state the obvious, Wolfie did take a massive paycut to stay at Manly and is on way less than what Hiku commands now to extend.

Also the Salary Cap has to be spent on a specified amount of Players, you can't cut the number of Players :cool:

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6