Perspective

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
A few of us need to settle down and realise that we are being played by the media:

A lot of stuff printed has been guesswork, designed to sell papers. The "Jamie Lyon is being sacked" story is a perfect example. Another example is that 14 players who have been given permission to look elsewhere - two players who have actually signed eg Ligi Sao were not on the media lists.

It is no secret that Barrett is coming to Manly and Tooves is not stupid. Someone on the Sea Eagles board are passing information - it is getting to the media. That the info makes the Penns look bad would indicate that is not necessarily them. The idea bandied around is that it is Zorba but that doesn't make sense.

If this was all happening behind closed doors (and kept that way) there wouldn't be a story. However, the hatred between the two factions in the club is still fuelling the media releases.

If the owners of the club don't believe that Tooves is the man to take the club forward, what else are they to do but meet with him and discuss the matter? The fact that it is all over the media is the big issue. Pity but so much is guesswork and/or disloyal clubmen stirring up the muck.

A few of us need to settle down and realise that we are being played by the media:

A lot of stuff printed has been guesswork, designed to sell papers. The "Jamie Lyon is being sacked" story is a perfect example. Another example is that 14 players who have been given permission to look elsewhere - two players who have actually signed eg Ligi Sao were not on the media lists.

It is no secret that Barrett is coming to Manly and Tooves is not stupid. Someone on the Sea Eagles board are passing information - it is getting to the media. That the info makes the Penns look bad would indicate that is not necessarily them. The idea bandied around is that it is Zorba but that doesn't make sense.

If this was all happening behind closed doors (and kept that way) there wouldn't be a story. However, the hatred between the two factions in the club is still fuelling the media releases.

If the owners of the club don't believe that Tooves is the man to take the club forward, what else are they to do but meet with him and discuss the matter? The fact that it is all over the media is the big issue. Pity but so much is guesswork and/or disloyal clubmen stirring up the muck.

Good balanced point mate. I hope it's all put to bed very soon, so as a fanbase, we can all start focusing on the right things..which will be bouncing back next season, and screwing some fringe top 8 teams this one :)

Never are those so blind than them who refuse to see.

So the Penns haven't done any of this .They didn't sack Perry . The didn't botch the contracts with the halves, They didn't let staff go that has cost them huge losses in pay outs. They dont want to get rid of the coach and club legend and they don't want to take games away from brooky to cover there loss and the mess they have made of the club. They didn't leak the 14 names of players that they want to move on to the press like they have done with 2v. PLEASE.

• 🤝
Reactions: Ben

So the Penns haven't done any of this .They didn't sack Perry . The didn't botch the contracts with the halves, They didn't let staff go that has cost them huge losses in pay outs. They dont want to get rid of the coach and club legend and they don't want to take games away from brooky to cover there loss and the mess they have made of the club. PLEASE.
Removing Perry and the other sackings are just part of the cleanout. When does a new owner take control of something and just leave it as is? Never. They take control and clean house. Does it take a day to do? No. Usually it takes at least a year , if not longer. The fact they are putting the broom through with urgency speaks to their desire to get this smoothed out and running efficiently as soon as possible but for some, they can't see the forrest for the trees and just see the current mess and not the future state.

You're either a half full or half empty person as far as what the Penn's are doing and no post from either side on here is likely going to change it. All we can do is express our opinions, respect the other sides view and count the days till it's all over and we can move on with life.

Removing Perry and the other sackings are just part of the cleanout. When does a new owner take control of something and just leave it as is? Never. They take control and clean house. Does it take a day to do? No. Usually it takes at least a year , if not longer. The fact they are putting the broom through with urgency speaks to their desire to get this smoothed out and running efficiently as soon as possible but for some, they can't see the forrest for the trees and just see the current mess and not the future state.

You're either a half full or half empty person as far as what the Penn's are doing and no post from either side on here is likely going to change it. All we can do is express our opinions, respect the other sides view and count the days till it's all over and we can move on with life.

Ok then but don't come to the members and say you have to pay for it by giving us something of yours (home games) to pay for it. Thats what they are doing. Its there mess.

The question is are we making any progress
6a00d83451b31569e2013489158321970c-800wi.jpg

Point 1 you make is that it is all media talk so ignore it. Point 2 you make is that it is not secret that Barret is coming - yet this is only media talk but we are to take it as gospel?

Judging by the performance against the cows they players knew it was more than media talk before it was leaked to the media.

So the Penns haven't done any of this .They didn't sack Perry . The didn't botch the contracts with the halves, They didn't let staff go that has cost them huge losses in pay outs. They dont want to get rid of the coach and club legend and they don't want to take games away from brooky to cover there loss and the mess they have made of the club. They didn't leak the 14 names of players that they want to move on to the press like they have done with 2v. PLEASE.
So, what alternative do we have? We have private owners. Whilst not ideal we are stuck with it. I'm still prepared (perhaps naively) to give the Penns the benefit of buying Manly because they are as passionate about the club as the rest of us.
I can't see the club ever reverting to 'public' ownership so we are stuck with decisions being made by the money-men. To date, my love of Manly still outweighs my alarm at the way the club is heading.

The leaks to the media have discredited the whole club.

To see our coach on national TV on the Wednesday night before round 1 against Parra and it is put to Toovey by Kent and Ikin that the club had taken off the table an offer for DCE so that the team can focus on the game at Parra and the coach had no idea about it? That is is just one of several examples where Toovery has been kept out of the loop by the Penn clan.

The Penns have the right to run the club as they see fit but they are accountable to our fans and members in the end who keep the club going through membership and attending games. To openly make the coach responsible for all our problems is how it looks to the fans out there and the Penns have to understand that yes it is a business but the fans and members make the club and they have FAILED us this year with the treatment of our coach!

Guys as I have said elsewhere, and before, the war has been won ( or lost if you prefer).

I've been critical of the Penn faction for a very long time BUT I now acknowledge they own the joint and can do what they want.

I can have no impact on their decision making processes, and my two country memberships equate to maybe $300, so even taking those away will have little effect in the total scheme of things.

This is my 52nd year as a fan, Ive seen ups, downs, and an absolute disaster at the end of the last century, whilst I'm far from happy at the way things are happening I have no doubt that they are building a new team , almost from the ground up, with a view to have another " decade of dominance ".

I can't stand the role Peters holds and what he does with it, but apart from that I'm prepared to let the Penn faction have their head and see what they can do.

I'll admit I'm a dinosaur, but I think it's time some of you younger Bulls sit down and ask yourself a few questions .

1) Would you prefer not having a Manly side to support?

2) are you satisfied with us running 16th for much of the year ( and yes I know injuries played a role) and probably finish about 11th/12th??

3) Are you happy for us to run around keeping the old school happy and probably finishing in the bottom half for the next 5 years??

If the answer is yes , then keep whinging.

If the answer is no, then time to move on and accept that change is necessary.

1) No. but it is looking more and more likely that we wont the direction things are going hence me speaking up.
2) Yes. Although disagree with 11th/12th, we will go past at least the dragons and finish top 10. After the injuries we copped that will be an amazing result.
3. I call BS. Why would we finish bottom 5? Even this year we wont. We have been smart and kept ourselves in the 8 and now most other teams follow our recruiting strategy so what do we do? We copy the tigers recruiting strategy. The bottom 5 you are suggesting is more likely due to tsacking half you club.

As a fellow 'dinosaur', I agree with Mark's comments.

Thanks mate, like you very unhappy with the process BUT I recognise what's happening and why.

Like @Ryan I'm just looking at 2015 as " one of those years" and am quite excited at the prospect of a new and rejuvenated Sea Eagles in 2016.

As to the " elephant in the room" I have said for a fair while now that the NRL will force most games to be played at Central locations , and just pick some games to be played at the spiritual heartland.

I echo people's dislike at that , but sadly unless Brookie gets a major upgrade in the next few years you can kiss it goodbye as a permanent home ground.

That will be a sad sad day, but it's coming!!

Thanks mate, like you very unhappy with the process BUT I recognise what's happening and why.

Like @Ryan I'm just looking at 2015 as " one of those years" and am quite excited at the prospect of a new and rejuvenated Sea Eagles in 2016.

As to the " elephant in the room" I have said for a fair while now that the NRL will force most games to be played at Central locations , and just pick some games to be played at the spiritual heartland.

I echo people's dislike at that , but sadly unless Brookie gets a major upgrade in the next few years you can kiss it goodbye as a permanent home ground.

That will be a sad sad day, but it's coming!!
A full house at Belmore yesterday should again show the NRL that fans want to return to suburban grounds. I've spoken to 'Dogs fans and they hate ANZ as much as we do. I suspect that Souffs fans feel the same.
Gould summed it up yesterday: fans don;t care about comfort or gourmet food. They want atmosphere and a good view. Brookie, Belmore, Leichhardt, Shark Park are rugby league grounds which offer this.
ANZ is attracting rubbish crowds. Even Souffs' fans are staying away.

A full house at Belmore yesterday should again show the NRL that fans want to return to suburban grounds. I've spoken to 'Dogs fans and they hate ANZ as much as we do. I suspect that Souffs fans feel the same.
Gould summed it up yesterday: fans don;t care about comfort or gourmet food. They want atmosphere and a good view. Brookie, Belmore, Leichhardt, Shark Park are rugby league grounds which offer this.
ANZ is attracting rubbish crowds. Even Souffs' fans are staying away.
Yeah but Smith wants to replicate the NFL so... *sorry I started laughing and now I can't remember what I was talking about*

The bit I don't get about Zorba the leak is much of the stuff being spread is detrimental to the Penns. Zorba wouldn't be that stupid would he?

Some of us are dismayed by the decision and others about the process. My argument is that this is not much different to what happens behind closed doors in footy clubs. The problem is that it is being played in the media!!!

Guys as I have said elsewhere, and before, the war has been won ( or lost if you prefer).

I've been critical of the Penn faction for a very long time BUT I now acknowledge they own the joint and can do what they want.

I can have no impact on their decision making processes, and my two country memberships equate to maybe $300, so even taking those away will have little effect in the total scheme of things.

This is my 52nd year as a fan, Ive seen ups, downs, and an absolute disaster at the end of the last century, whilst I'm far from happy at the way things are happening I have no doubt that they are building a new team , almost from the ground up, with a view to have another " decade of dominance ".

I can't stand the role Peters holds and what he does with it, but apart from that I'm prepared to let the Penn faction have their head and see what they can do.

I'll admit I'm a dinosaur, but I think it's time some of you younger Bulls sit down and ask yourself a few questions .

1) Would you prefer not having a Manly side to support?

2) are you satisfied with us running 16th for much of the year ( and yes I know injuries played a role) and probably finish about 11th/12th??

3) Are you happy for us to run around keeping the old school happy and probably finishing in the bottom half for the next 5 years??

If the answer is yes , then keep whinging.

If the answer is no, then time to move on and accept that change is necessary.

This is pretty much my thoughts, however I would caution that the fans just sit back and accept all future directions of the board. If there is to be a voice against certain unpopular decisions, it must be a unified and dignified response, and voiced through the correct channels.
Those who come on here ranting and raving, serves no real purpose, other than to get gripes off ones chest....especially after a few sherbets (I know I have been guilty of that ;)...)
But as someone said yesterday, the man with the gold makes the rules and we will just have to see how that plays out down the track.
I would sincerely hope the owners of our great club has it's flourishing survival and continued success at heart, and regardless of how bad it looks sometimes, I think they do.
The first peace shot from the Penn's should be the removal of Peter Peters from any boards and decision making processes etc. It would be a magnanimous gesture to the fans and those linked closely with the club. It would certainly dispel many of the current rumors getting about the place.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4