Perry says money talks but $200k sponsor may walk

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
THE uncle of former Manly star Matthew Ridge is considering withdrawing his $200,000 a year sponsorship of the Sea Eagles in the wake of the “boning” of the club’s media manager Peter Peters.

Read the full article

Worst timing and the worst media now!!.............Zorba should have been eased out as a Club Legend allowing him time to communciate with the sponsors, team and fans.

We cannot afford to lose sponsers like this!! And that is the tip of this iceberg!!

How to win friends and influence them.
Mr Perry has a fair bit to learn. Timing is everything. Not a good idea to piss off the coach, players, sponsors and fans in the finals weeks.

Back to school to get another diploma in diplomacy I think.

no one is above the club, very silly to go to the media before he has spoken to either Zorba or Dave Perry. As old mate says " the boys don't need these distractions" so surely he could have found a more discreet forum to question the decision? This is only adding to the fire

Kiwi Eagle said:
That article can't be correct, it says Lowe got them on board as sponsor :p

LOL. Probably from his taxi driving days, must have went through a few radiators.

As for this

“We get on very well with Zorba and he has done a lot for the club. As a sponsor of the sleeve it is not the right time to do this as we are heading into the finals and the boys don’t need these distractions.”

It's not the right time, and will distract the boys, but I'll do it anyway.

Can't help feeling there will be a bit of this backlash in the media as Zorba calls in some favours.

Well, if your a sponsor, do you support the club, or one individual in it?

Honestly, Perry is better advised to find a sponsor looking at the broader picture, than this garbage.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4