Perry confident that Manly Sea Eagles will continue to play at Brookvale Oval

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles Nest 08

Reserve Grader
GM David Perry confident that Manly Sea Eagles will continue to play at Brookvale Oval

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/gm-david-perry-confident-that-manly-sea-eagles-will-continue-to-play-at-brookvale-oval/story-fngr8hax-1226988527461

SEA  Eagles general manager David Perry will meet with Sports Minister Stuart Ayres this week to discuss the future of games played at Brookvale Oval.

It comes after Mr Ayres dropped the bombshell over the weekend that the State Government would no longer invest in suburban venues, where rugby league has been played for more than a century.

Money will instead be poured into major upgrades at Allianz and ANZ stadiums, including a ¬retractable roof over the Homebush venue.
NSW Minister for Sport and Recreation Stuart Ayres has said the state government will no longer invest in suburban NRL grounds. Pic Brett Costello Source: News Corp Australia

However, Mr Perry remained confident Brookie would remain the home of the 2011 NRL premiers.

“We will discuss the honouring of short-term commitments at the ground,” he said. “Our aim is to make the venue a multi-access facility, it will be used by Rugby union (National Rugby Championship) later this year and the A-League in January.

“Long term we need to increase our seating and undercover access.
“We have a few different draft designs ready to go, it is just a matter of getting the green light to commence.

Mr Perry and a handful of club representatives will also meet NSW Premier and Manly fan Mike Baird later this month to discuss funding opportunities at the ground, which has been in use since 1947.
The prospect of moving away from their spiritual home at Brookvale would cause uproar with fans, who proudly dub the ground “The Fortress”. It is well known rival clubs hate playing at the peninsula venue.

Co-patron and board member Kerry Sibraa, who will attend the meeting this week with Mr Perry, questioned whether the club would survive if forced to play “home” games at a neutral venue.
“Given our geographical isolation, where else can we play?”
he said.

It would be good to have these design options out in social media to help keep things in the spotlight and being talked about.

I remember the last jump in interest was when the ken arthurson mk 2 stand and stand behind the hill version was put out there.

Fluffy said:
It would be good to have these design options out in social media to help keep things in the spotlight and being talked about.

I remember the last jump in interest was when the ken arthurson mk 2 stand and stand behind the hill version was put out there.

Couldn't agree more. We're the ones that fork out for memberships. We should at least know what the designs are. I have trust, but there is a small chance they may get it wrong.

Warringah Council website, under Planning, has the proposed designs once they lodge a DA Application.

Till the funds are allocated, it would be impossible to lodge the costed design.

http://eservices2.warringah.nsw.gov.au/ePlanning/Public/xc.track/SearchMap.aspx

I hope Mr Perry can talk sense into this Ayes-head!
Ayres has had several portfolios in the NSW Ministry - none successfully. He was the Minister for Consumer Affairs for about six months and just couldn't understand the complexities. Hence, he was moved.
This issue is much more simple: There is no modern stadia on the northern side of Sydney, which is home to at least 1.5 million people. By all means build a new one. But the location of it is more important than comfy seats.
If I'm typical of Manly fans I wouldn't renew my membership if our home matches were at remote stadia.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6