Perhaps I'm wrong

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Peter C

Bencher
I was under the impression that a player tackled close to the sideline can put his foot one the sideline in the process of getting up to play the ball once the tackle is completed.
Towards the end of the game, Dylan Walker was tackled close to the sideline and within their twenty metre zone, the tackle was completed as the Roosters player had a hand on him, getting up to play the ball he put his foot into touch and the referee ruled a scrum in favour of the Roosters.
Has the rule been changed, or is it because we played the Roosters??.

I was under the impression that a player tackled close to the sideline can put his foot one the sideline in the process of getting up to play the ball once the tackle is completed.
Towards the end of the game, Dylan Walker was tackled close to the sideline and within their twenty metre zone, the tackle was completed as the Roosters player had a hand on him, getting up to play the ball he put his foot into touch and the referee ruled a scrum in favour of the Roosters.
Has the rule been changed, or is it because we played the Roosters??.
Your not wrong. That is the rule. The touchie has one job, you'd think he'd be able to get it right

That is the rule, you aren't wrong. I disagree with that rule aswell, you should always stay in the field, however, its the NRL's job to over complicate things.

In my opinion his foot went in to touch in the process of the tackle, not in the process of getting up to play the ball. So correct call for mine.

He also knocked on i believe.

The touch judge was signalling a knock-on not foot in touch; the commentators got it wrong I think.

I might need to check the replay.

The referee called that he was in touch BEFORE his foot even touched the line. The touchies flag stayed down the entire time whilst he was standing right on top of it.

There was zero reason for him to call that out, Walker only put his foot on the line because the whistle had been blown. I thought that in real time and the replay confirmed it.

To me it was a square up for the Myles strip at the other end

A
That is the rule, you aren't wrong. I disagree with that rule aswell, you should always stay in the field, however, its the NRL's job to over complicate things.

In my opinion his foot went in to touch in the process of the tackle, not in the process of getting up to play the ball. So correct call for mine.

He also knocked on i believe.

You should always stay in field. Id say while attempting a conversion from the side linetoo.

The referee called that he was in touch BEFORE his foot even touched the line. The touchies flag stayed down the entire time whilst he was standing right on top of it.

There was zero reason for him to call that out, Walker only put his foot on the line because the whistle had been blown. I thought that in real time and the replay confirmed it.

To me it was a square up for the Myles strip at the other end
I didn't even thnk the Myles strip was a thing. Anasta jumped on it on the fox coverage but he's a rooster. Voss as any good play by play commentator would jumped on what his colour commentator did. Just looked like a locked up ball and a player hitting the ground hard. No intentional reefing of the ball away from the player.

Plus rooters touched DCE's field goal attempt and still got the 22 tap with horse head hearing nothing of it.

Just watched it again. The call was knock on and not foot into touch, he had dubious control but was hard to see a knock on there

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8