People to know

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Played for Moore Park and Balmain Police Boys until I found out I wasn't that good. But I'm a damn good coach from this side of the monitor. Followed Manly since I was 5. Have been invited into Fulton's place and have gotten to know Marty Gurr, Max Krilich and Ray Branighan previously. Have a lot of video of Manly and bit from President's Cup & SG Ball form the early 90's. Any Silvertails played in the games with either Scott & Brett Fulton, I may have something for you.

I joined here on the silvertails quite late in my support of the mighty sea eagles. I would like to know who on here is an ex manly player? What are peoples connections to this great club?Quite a few on here seem to have connections or are/were affiliated with the club in some way.
Im intrigued to know who am I reading the comments of. Anyone with any info would be greatly appreciated
I understand the 2 acls and early retirement, but I don’t get why you didn’t instead simply sign a four year $2m deal with the eels?

I was a late convert to supporting the Mighty Eagles after having been a Bears supporter for 20 odd years.

I couldn't get into the joint venture so was lost in the wilderness for a few years with no team to support then moved to the beaches in 2004.

Started seeing Manly players out & about, including at my kids' school (Tooves & Choc) & realised I had a local team to support again as long as I could overcome the age-old Bears vs Sea Eagles rivalry within me. Also thought it would be good for the kids to have a local team to support so jumped wholeheartedly onboard.

Have no connections to any players or the club but did play a couple of seasons of futsal against Gene Ngamu a few years ago & always say g'day to Tooves when I see him out & about despite him always looking like he just wants to be left alone lol.

Oh, also played 11 a side soccer against Cliffy about 10 years ago. I was playing for Narrabeen, he was in goals for Beacon Hill & we could not get anything past him, he was a great keeper.

The only goal we scored against them in 3 matches that season was from a penalty kick & our striker apologised to Cliffy after because he felt bad about ruining his clean sheet haha.

Oh, also played 11 a side soccer against Cliffy about 10 years ago. I was playing for Narrabeen, he was in goals for Beacon Hill & we could not get anything past him, he was a great keeper.

The only goal we scored against them in 3 matches that season was from a penalty kick & our striker apologised to Cliffy after because he felt bad about ruining his clean sheet haha.
Is there nothing the great man couldn’t do. Did he have a cig in his mouth while in goals?

My last days of my footy career were with the Belrose eagles. We just missed the semi,s in my last year but we continued to meet up with some other guys a couple of times a week and play at Grahams Reserve, where I did my knee, so that was it for my League career lol. I played a lot of Touch footy in my later years when I moved up to Penrith, But my heart will always belong to the Northern Beaches where I grew up in my early years. Manly4life, always have been, always will be, through thick and thin and the good times and bad times.

Great to have a bunch of ex-players here.

I played breakaway in the under 7's for the Collaroy Plateau Magpies union team for 2 years then moved to league for the Kingfishers to play under 7's one more time. I think it must have been the inaugural year for Cromer league then as my dad was a Manly rep and he wouldn't have had me playing union if there was a local league team. Not absolutely sure.

Started at 5/8 and moved to the 2nd row after about 5 years. Made the SG Ball squad at 16, but never got a game. Too slow! Probably not good enough either.
Shone for 10 years due to love of the contest and work-rate. Top tackler every year but tall, skinny and not fast enough was not good enough.
Played with Glenn Ryan and The Bug and met a lot of our Golden Era players.

Loved every minute of it and am Manly for life!

The ones that are sharing Thankyou. I respect some dont wanna come forward but You'd think if you had a connection or a history with this great club you would be proud to share. As a few may already know I am proud to say who I am, as the name suggests (The better Robbo) I am the twin bro of Michael Robertson or as we call him Mick. I played junior Raiders with "Mick" for 7 years from under 13s to reserve grade but quit when i was 22 due to back to back knee recos.
Each to their own I guess but hopefully more are willing to share their connections to the mighty sea eagles #2019premiers
Liam Knights old man was open with who he was and was a great contributor on here for some time. It was rather disappointing that a little more respect and appreciation wasn't shown to him by a small minority on here.

Last edited:
Pretty good at most sports, master of none. Too interested in the beach and hanging out with friends to take team sports too seriously ... work and lifestyle also made it very difficult to commit to team sport. A few good mates and acquaintances associated with the club.

Played for Moore Park and Balmain Police Boys until I found out I wasn't that good. But I'm a damn good coach from this side of the monitor. Followed Manly since I was 5. Have been invited into Fulton's place and have gotten to know Marty Gurr, Max Krilich and Ray Branighan previously. Have a lot of video of Manly and bit from President's Cup & SG Ball form the early 90's. Any Silvertails played in the games with either Scott & Brett Fulton, I may have something for you.

I did fencing at balmain police boys. Almost lived accross the road for a bit. Cool place

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4