Penrith............ we'll bash manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher

Clinton fired up for Eagles

By David Riccio and Peter Badel

July 23, 2006 12:00
Article from: The Daily Telegraph

Font size: + -

Send this article: Print Email

PENRITH prop Joel Clinton has lit the fuse for an explosive clash with Manly this afternoon by claiming the Panthers will "bash" and "give it" to their rivals.

Camped in ninth spot, Penrith must beat the fifth-placed Sea Eagles to keep their finals aspirations alive.

"Instead of standing back and waiting to see what they're going to do I think we've got to go out there and give it to them," Clinton said.

"We have to bash and barge our way through them. They're playing some good footy at the moment but myself, Craig Stapleton and the other forwards have got to get out there and take it to the Eagles."

Clinton said the unsung Penrith pack would not be intimidated by a quality Manly outfit that includes representatives Ben Kennedy and Brent Kite.

"You can't be intimidated, they're only human," Clinton said.

"There's no supermen out there. The best thing for us this week is to get out there and be confident that we can beat the Eagles."

Fellow forward Matthew Cross supported Clinton, saying it was vital the Panthers pack marked their intentions early.

"Whoever controls the game is normally going to run away with it so it's important we start the game right on top of them," Cross said.

"We've got to take the game to them. We can't stand back and wait for them to control the game.

"

If you add this comment to all the BK stuff from during the week, the team better be fired up. It'll be a huge disappointment if we don't come out all guns blazing. That includes Kingy!

I might even take a break from "studying" for my trials to head out to Brookie and watch.

he says there are no supermen, thats true we have one better in BK!!!!

Most times club s come out and say this, they get smacked.

Step up Kite, King and Lueluai.

Imagine poor old Kingy reading this while having his saucer of milk this morning. Will be interesting to see how he responds

clinton has made a huge 47m as at the 62 minute mark (king 89)

Might have to PM that to mata.. he said he'd be interested in the comparison between clinton and JK

Clinton fired up for Eagles

By David Riccio and Peter Badel

July 23, 2006 12:00
Article from: The Daily Telegraph

Font size: + -

Send this article: Print Email

PENRITH prop Joel Clinton has lit the fuse for an explosive clash with Manly this afternoon by claiming the Panthers will \"bash\" and \"give it\" to their rivals.

Camped in ninth spot, Penrith must beat the fifth-placed Sea Eagles to keep their finals aspirations alive.

\"Instead of standing back and waiting to see what they're going to do I think we've got to go out there and give it to them,\" Clinton said.

\"We have to bash and barge our way through them. They're playing some good footy at the moment but myself, Craig Stapleton and the other forwards have got to get out there and take it to the Eagles.\"

Clinton said the unsung Penrith pack would not be intimidated by a quality Manly outfit that includes representatives Ben Kennedy and Brent Kite.

\"You can't be intimidated, they're only human,\" Clinton said.

\"There's no supermen out there. The best thing for us this week is to get out there and be confident that we can beat the Eagles.\"

Fellow forward Matthew Cross supported Clinton, saying it was vital the Panthers pack marked their intentions early.

\"Whoever controls the game is normally going to run away with it so it's important we start the game right on top of them,\" Cross said.

\"We've got to take the game to them. We can't stand back and wait for them to control the game.

\"

Unfortunately 17 supermen came out after halftime :dance: :dance:

How about Micheal Monoghan's game after what the commentators said "badly broke his nose" .... he is one tough little cookie!!

Alot of heart shown by everyone... well done boys!! Going to be a great week :drunk: :drunk:

That was a great article to read, after we had already won the game. I had a little snicker.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4