Payne Hass’ Mum involved in a triple vehicle fatality

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Payne on personal leave now, as you'd expect
The daughter has been showing me some of the sickening vitriol directed at Payne himself on several social media platforms over his mothers actions.It’s not his fault. He wasn’t driving like a fkn lunatic. I fear Payne will do well to make it on the ground this year, let alone be at his best.

I reckon this is a crap thread.
Feel sorry for Payne Haas getting dragged through the crap by association.
Another political opportunity for ppl to take cheap pot shots back and forth, how about just respect others views whatever they are and start by not being judgemental f...wits.
If Bronco supporters are dogs who blame Payne Haas for something he had no control over, that's on them, leave it on the Bronco site.

I reckon this is a crap thread.
Feel sorry for Payne Haas getting dragged through the crap by association.
Another political opportunity for ppl to take cheap pot shots back and forth, how about just respect others views whatever they are and start by not being judgemental f...wits.
If Bronco supporters are dogs who blame Payne Haas for something he had no control over, that's on them, leave it on the Bronco site.
The Bronco supporters are in the minority (going off what I have read).
Would you have said the threads we had/have on Silvertails of the treatment of Brett Stewart a long time after he was exonerated were crap threads.
I’m not having a go at you @maxta . Regardless of what team he plays for do we let the cyber bullies continue unabated? Even if Payne makes it on the field, you know there’s going to be that pissed wanker yelling out something derogatory about him/his mother. And that can’t be stopped. But by bringing to light the unfairness of bringing Payne into it, maybe it will discourage the morons that would say it. At least get on the front foot with this, instead of waiting till the damage is done and ppl stand around thinking "wow, I didn’t think it would get that bad". I would like the NRL to advise clubs to do everything in their power to ban those idiots. I know how that sounds, you can’t stop dickheads being dickheads. But you can try.
Think about Brett Stewarts treatment. How many of you heard opposition fans call Brett names I won’t repeat, years after he was proven innocent. I know I did. It was sickening. I’d like to think in todays society, that character assassination should be put in the "hate speech" category.
A bit like pitch invaders. You’re never going to stop them. But if everyone knows that there will be a huge fine and/or banned from the venue, I’m sure that has made plenty re-think their moronic actions.

Funny how life goes sometimes, Payne had the world at his feet commanding a huge contract no matter where he went. Now saddled with this latest drama, even though it's family related. You would have to think that most clubs will keep well away next season. Payne having a break will be a godsend to him, wish him all the best in the coming weeks ahead.

... And I am assuming he is the one in the family with a pay packet large enough to pay for the expensive wig defending his mother .... looks like he can forget about buying that dream home for a while ... he will be playing pretty much for nothing for a few years ...

The Bronco supporters are in the minority (going off what I have read).
Would you have said the threads we had/have on Silvertails of the treatment of Brett Stewart a long time after he was exonerated were crap threads.
I’m not having a go at you @maxta . Regardless of what team he plays for do we let the cyber bullies continue unabated? Even if Payne makes it on the field, you know there’s going to be that pissed wanker yelling out something derogatory about him/his mother. And that can’t be stopped. But by bringing to light the unfairness of bringing Payne into it, maybe it will discourage the morons that would say it. At least get on the front foot with this, instead of waiting till the damage is done and ppl stand around thinking "wow, I didn’t think it would get that bad". I would like the NRL to advise clubs to do everything in their power to ban those idiots. I know how that sounds, you can’t stop dickheads being dickheads. But you can try.
Think about Brett Stewarts treatment. How many of you heard opposition fans call Brett names I won’t repeat, years after he was proven innocent. I know I did. It was sickening. I’d like to think in todays society, that character assassination should be put in the "hate speech" category.
A bit like pitch invaders. You’re never going to stop them. But if everyone knows that there will be a huge fine and/or banned from the venue, I’m sure that has made plenty re-think their moronic actions.
Doubt most opposition supporters would stick their noses in others business unless they have no life - BUT
I was more "let this play out" about Brett Stewart and that was After having solid information that the others involved were scammers, as the law will take care of these things more so than any footy supporters site, which was the case !!
No insult taken mate, but ridiculous Haas should even have his name associated with this incident.
Anyways on a positive- can't wait to see Manly in action 2023....with the quality of players in the squad and another to come we are looking good

Funny how life goes sometimes, Payne had the world at his feet commanding a huge contract no matter where he went. Now saddled with this latest drama, even though it's family related. You would have to think that most clubs will keep well away next season. Payne having a break will be a godsend to him, wish him all the best in the coming weeks ahead.
The game of Life is never static for any one feathered friend

It has its ups and downs and it throws unexpected curve balls that takes us off course

Expect the Unexpected and Be prepared that changes will come

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best

And if we Prepare like Resilient eagles we are sure to Rise above Adversity

2023 is the Year we ALL Rise Resiliently with Eagle Wings !!!
Resilient-Eagle-Phoenix-web.jpg

Ridiculous yes but will always happen.
Payne is no clean skin himself and our soap opera culture/ media will continue to feed of this everytime his name is mentioned.
The family is typecast now.

More charges to follow @watchthisspace
Fresh charges laid against mum of Broncos star after horror Gold Coast triple-fatal crash
Uiatu "Joan" Taufua, mother of Brisbane Broncos player Payne Haas, is charged with manslaughter.

Police will allege the mother of a star Brisbane Broncos player was drink-driving at the time of a horror crash that killed three people in the Gold Coast hinterland, a court has heard.

Uiatu “Joan” Taufua, the mother of Broncos forward Payne Haas, was the sole survivor of a two-car collision in Bonogin in December that resulted in a silver Mercedes being knocked from the road into a power pole.

The occupants of the second car, Susan Zimmer, 70, her partner Chris Fawcett, 79, and Ms Zimmer’s daughter Steffanie, died at the scene, and Ms Taufua has been charged with manslaughter over their deaths.

Uiatu “Joan” Taufua, mother of Brisbane Broncos player Payne Haas, remains in custody charged with manslaughter.

Ms Taufua, 46, is charged with three counts of manslaughter, one count each of dangerous operation of a motor vehicle, evading police and driving without a licence.

When Ms Taufua’s matter was briefly mentioned on Thursday in Southport Magistrates Court, her new defence lawyer, Sophie Dagg, told the court a new charge had been laid against her client.

Magistrate Kerry Magee had intended to enter the charge into court record but Ms Tafuau had been excused early from her video link connection, and therefore was not there to hear the charge laid against her.

The court heard the charge was related to a drink driving offence but was not formally placed on court record.

Ms Magee said police must have gotten “the results back” of the blood alcohol reading taken from Ms Taufua on the day of the crash.

Police allege Ms Taufua was seen driving a black 2017 Mercedes wagon “dangerously” along Bonogin Rd near Calanthe Lane just before 5pm.

Uiatu Taufua's new defence lawyer, Sophie Dagg, says her client is ‘highly remorseful’.

She allegedly fled the scene when officers activated their warning lights and attempted to intercept the vehicle.

No pursuit was undertaken.

Shortly afterwards, officers were flagged down by a motorist who informed them of a crash involving the black Mercedes wagon and another silver Mercedes hatchback about a kilometre down the road.

Emergency services were able to free the family from the silver Mercedes but they died at the scene.

Ms Taufua was pulled from the black Mercedes, which caught fire, and was taken to hospital.

Ms Dagg told the court she’d only received a partial brief of evidence from police, and was waiting for “quite a number” of outstanding documents.

Ms Magee ordered the matter be adjourned to April 27 for further mention.

Speaking outside of court, Ms Dagg told reporters her client was “highly remorseful”.

“We just have our thoughts with the families involved in these tragic circumstances,”

www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/fresh-charges-laid-against-mum-of-broncos-star-after-horror-gold-coast-triplefatal-crash/news-story/bf53a75849a20da2868d1e8e2aee0178%3famp

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4