Paul Kent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bob dylan said:
PK just said on Fox the dramas at Manly are real.

He said Matai has made it public this week he wants out.

Players still very upset by Glenn Stewart decision.

DCE contract dramas are a major headache.

OK, let me get this straight, The Warriors are offering Matai around $650,000 over the next FOUR years, he'll turn 30 next month, he would be crazy if he DIDN'T ask for a release, yet the anti Manly brigade report this as disharmony amongst the players and club.

I thought the players part with PK was great. Funny how Players are still not thinking for growing the game and think selfishly. When Farahnwas asked about Boyd he straight away blamed the reporter. And only later said he could have handled it better. Mason ill let of as he's a team mate.

damiennp90 said:
I thought the players part with PK was great. Funny how Players are still not thinking for growing the game and think selfishly. When Farahnwas asked about Boyd he straight away blamed the reporter. And only later said he could have handled it better. Mason ill let of as he's a team mate.

I know a lot of people don't like Paul Kent, but I most of the time do. Most others pussy foot around, but he will get stuck into things. And on the Darius Boyd issue he's 100% right. It reflects badly on the game and where I think Kent has got it right, Rugby League is not just competing with other codes, it's also competing against My Kitchen Rules, or The Block and all of that rubbish.

The whole 'Darius doesn't like the media and is a good bloke' just bugs me no end. Jamie Lyon has always been one who doesn't really like the media, but he still does it, and above all he is POLITE!! He doesn't act like a rude pig, and of course it's not a 1 off with Darius. Darius is not a naïve 18 or 19 year old, he has been around for years, and he needs to grow up. Don't want to do media? Fine, but they should negotiate his contract as a lesser amount. Harsh? Screw him.

Paul Kent (pardon the spelling error) just said on NRL 360 that he and his colleagues at the Telecrap are in the business of selling papers.

They give the people what they want in regards to articles.

Funny......nowhere did he mention that the TRUTH had anything to do with what is printed. What an absolute "self pleasurer" he is.

I was thinking maybe Darius didn't know or at least had not had it confirmed Wayne Bennet was leaving the Knights when confronted by the reporter.

I did feel he was ambushed by the reporter on a subject very sensitive to him.

I know most disagree but on this occasion i think he could have been given
some slack. Let him enjoy and savour the origin win as he said , before having to deal publicly about the man whom he looks upon as a father leaving the Knights.
Seemed like it was raw emotion that was coming from his mouth.
He wasn't given any warning or asked permission as Robbie Farrah pointed out . He is a human after all and a footy player 2nd .

Brooke said:
I was thinking maybe Darius didn't know or at least had not had it confirmed Wayne Bennet was leaving the Knights when confronted by the reporter.

I did feel he was ambushed by the reporter on a subject very sensitive to him.

I know most disagree but on this occasion i think he could have been given
some slack. Let him enjoy and savour the origin win as he said , before having to deal publicly about the man whom he looks upon as a father leaving the Knights.
Seemed like it was raw emotion that was coming from his mouth.
He wasn't given any warning or asked permission as Robbie Farrah pointed out . He is a human after all and a footy player 2nd .

He has previously said that he doesn't hate Manky, just the fans

What darius fails to realise is that he will never win that battle. He might think he is proving a point by ignoring the media and taking some moral high ground because he has been wronged in the past. Unfortunately for him the media have the ability to alter public consciousness and manufacture whatever truth they see fit. Darius might think he is a good bloke but the DT and fox sports will have 90% of the public thinking he is a can't understand normal thinking type of guy with some judicious editing and selective reporting.

Apparently Boyd knew the day before - he just did not handle the situation well

Had to turn off NRL 360 last night when Kent launched into his weekly tirade of "the players are a disgrace for not talking to the media"

His contention is that the "media" pays the NRL 200 mil a year so the players should be available.

He makes it sound like he personally pays the $200 million.

Players not wanting to speak to the likes of this dickhead is perfectly understandable.

lsz said:

That's an understatement. Boyd is in his 9th season of 1st grade which is bordering on the "veteran category". Surely it's now way past time for some much needed media training because he obviously hasn't learnt through experience.

I can see both sides

Not a great place to ask questions (and not start with do you have time for a quick chat) and not a great way to handle them (Guys i ma not talking today)

lsz said:

Yes, hearsay says that apparently Wayne Bennett called him the morning before his announcement to let him know that he was leaving the Knights. How true that is, we will never know unless one of them comes out in the media and says so themselves.

Said tonight Brett Stewart has 3 or maybe 4 matches left in Manly colours, wont be at the club next year.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2