Patient

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Patience is earned not bestowed. I want to see big improvements next year. I'll be patient but I want to see significant coaching improvement, recruitment improvement, selection improvement, player performance improvement and table improvement. I know I'm selfish about this but when supporting Manly I expect nothing less.

He was joking mate.
Yes, I was being sarcastic. Look, 2017 doesn't have to be a disaster. If, and it is a big if, both Snake & Skivvy come back strongly we could field a squad like the one below:
1. Snake
2. Jorge
3. Walker
4. Skivvy
5. Tom T
6. Green
7. DCE
8. Lussick
9. Parcell
10. AFB
11. Buhrer
12. Marty
13. Jake
14. Myles
15. Meehan
16. Lawrence / Lane
17. Api / Brown
18. Jamil

No focking excuses from the coach, that squad is a top 8 squad.

its not a top 8 squad matai, stewart and myles are busted you wont get 15 games out of the three individually all year thats over 1.5 million of your salary cap , 2017 is doomed too
Did you miss the bit that said "if and its a big if"

Last edited:
The biggest issue by far is the cap taken up by Skiv & Snake, and the unkown situation of " are they playing , are they retiring, are they moving on".

We all " think" Snakes moving to the ESL, my view , he's on $700k a year and going no where!

We all " hope" Skivvy gets better, maybe he does, maybe he plays one game , gets injured and is done for the year , he's on $500k a year and going no where!

I've just used cap figures that have been mentioned, I have no idea what they get paid but whilst ever we have them we are in the land of " will they, won't they, how will the attitude be, will the last all season".

I don't think one other side in the Comp has 1.2 Million of their cap in limbo, why even the Tigers have come to agreement with Farrah for $750k to bugger off.

I know they are legends, and I'm truly thankful for all they have done , and I'll never forget their efforts BUT for our rebuild it would be best if neither were there.

PS: Just like most of you I'd love Skivvy to come back for one big blockbuster year, but my above comments are made based on how badly he's been injured , and how likely he is to come back me get the same injury and be out for 90% of the season, so don't shoot me down as a traitor for saying that , I'm just being honest !!

I'm hoping that snake leaves. If he does we should have the cap space to assemble the depth we need for a top 8 or maybe even top 4 finish.

If he stays I think we'll struggle to make the 8.

We definitely need a better run with injuries than we've had the last 2 seasons though.

Yes, I was being sarcastic. Look, 2017 doesn't have to be a disaster. If, and it is a big if, both Snake & Skivvy come back strongly we could field a squad like the one below:
1. Snake
2. Jorge
3. Walker
4. Skivvy
5. Tom T
6. Green
7. DCE
8. Lussick
9. Parcell
10. AFB
11. Buhrer
12. Marty
13. Jake
14. Myles
15. Meehan
16. Lawrence / Lane
17. Api / Brown
18. Jamil

Great team considering Myles and Brown are in it, seriously hope they get put in reserve grade and think Barrett is prepared to do so, wow I've really been giving it to them lately anyway that is definitely a top 5 or so side maybe even top 3 placed side but once again I doubt Skivy and Snake will either come back or at least stay on the field for a majority of the year. The depth in the backs is shocking but you never know... We did just release 17 players meaning we can sign more backs along with hopefully Gillett and have now got some of the Blacktown Workers to call in for injury back ups. This could really fix the back's depth problem. Our forwards on the other hand are building to be the best in the comp. Do you guys agree?

1. Snake
2. Jorge
3. Walker
4. Skivvy
5. Tom T
6. Green
7. DCE
8. Lussick
9. Parcell
10. AFB
11. Buhrer
12. Marty
13. Jake
14. Myles
15. Meehan
16. Lawrence / Lane
17. Api / Brown
18. Jamil

Is that the team sheet or the injury list like this year?

add Frankenstein to the 25 who has looked decent as a back up backrower, Parker who will be first drop in the outside backs and Cullen in the halves and thats your top 25

its not a top 8 squad matai, stewart and myles are busted you wont get 15 games out of the three individually all year thats over 1.5 million of your salary cap , 2017 is doomed too

I agree but when I look at a couple of the teams in the 8 that squad could sneak in.

If you look at the teams that were specials to fight out for the wooden spoon (ok Knights were specials and lived up to expectations) there are some surprises. The Titans, Raiders and Tigers played above expectations. A successful team is not just the 17 players on the field or even the 30+ players that make it on the field at some stage of the season. It is the whole structure. The coaches and support staff. Then having the players learn the structures so they can fit in and play their part in the team.

We gutted our structure and started from scratch. To develop a new culture will take time. Players play for the love of the game and for their team mates not because they get paid. It is the feeling that as part of a team they want to achieve something.

We talk about getting this players or that players. When BK joined us it was not his playing ability that had the biggest impact but ability to improve the culture.

I'm yet to be a Barrett fan but to achieve what we expect he will take a few years to mould a whole club to form a competitive force. I hope he can but a big ask.

The biggest criticism I have of the way we approached things this year is that when we were under pressure from the injury toll, no one had the brains to dumb the game plan down so the disrupted line ups could cope.

Think Greece in Euro 2004. Nowhere near the best team in the competition but knew their limitations and didn't overplay their hand.

We were just dumb and that has to be Baz's fault.

The biggest criticism I have of the way we approached things this year is that when we were under pressure from the injury toll, no one had the brains to dumb the game plan down so the disrupted line ups could cope.

Think Greece in Euro 2004. Nowhere near the best team in the competition but knew their limitations and didn't overplay their hand.

We were just dumb and that has to be Baz's fault.
My biggest criticism of Zoolander from the moment we signed him was exactly that. He is just a dumbass.

In the past I was a bit more delicate than that but I stand by that assessment. This is based purely on interviews I saw during his playing career. There was also something televised (60 minutes maybe?) where he followed John Howard for a day during an election campaign. It was something like that anyway. My memory isn't what it used to be.

It was absolutely cringe worthy how stupid he appeared. This was all I could think of when we signed him as coach. We got a dumbass to run our team. What others like Fulton etc saw in him I'll never know.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6