Patience

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thanks Bozo.

I've been thinking about what it means to support Manly and only part of it is winning. Manly don't have to win all the time for me to be a proud supporter. The rich history and the great memories count for so much.
Our rich history and the great memories I have of our club since being taken to the 1972 Grand Final by my father are the reason I will always support the Sea Eagles. I am a proud supporter and I always will be. I will never tip against the club (which is why I will never win a tipping competition!) Longest relationship of my life :cool:

This support doesn't mean I support consistently poor and disinterested performances by players, or the current team selections/team tactics/structures by the coaching staff or some of the rubbish decisions made by club management in recent times.

Its not about winning all the time Snake, its about effort and guts, and playing for each other, and the history and heritage of the club, which as you say "count for so much". Of late we haven't seen that much, and though I hate losing as much as any Manly fan, I would settle for a loss if our players showed the resilience and character that we expect from any player that has earned the privilige of putting on the maroon and white of the Manly Sea Eagles.

Go Manly.
Manly by 6 against the Dragons@:cool:

Thanks Bozo.

I've been thinking about what it means to support Manly and only part of it is winning. Manly don't have to win all the time for me to be a proud supporter. The rich history and the great memories count for so much.
I admire your Loyal and devoted passion feathered friend
You truly are one of the Great Manly people and the lifeline of our Legendary club

Rich history comes with boundaries and high standards and high expectations so we may never lower the great standards that made us who we are and tarnish our proud clubs rich winning history .

At the moment we are a very poor example of Greatness
We have been living on our past laurels for many years now and we are losing our respect of a being great contender . We are only pretenders that get thrashed and cannot even get a win on our sacred home ground

We can not just live on our past laurels and remain Great

All players, officials and supporters must always strive and honour our clubs Elite standards so we can continue to be the Greatest club of all

The best way for us fans to honour our legendary club and make it stronger is my giving it strong support with a strong club membership

We need more Manly people to have your passion @Snake ands support our club with passion

20210110_081944.jpg

Oh man the views of so many have aged really badly on this thread.

What was it again.

No speed.
No skill
No passion
No hope.

Oh and
Tommy Tissue.
DCE is past it.
Des has no idea.
Terrible roster.
We will be fighting for the spoon.
Bottom 4 side all the way...

Loved the bits saying we needed to do what the titans were doing also. That was inspired crapola.

Fact is we palyed 3 of the premiership heavyweights in the first 4 rounds. Fact is we were terrible and off the pace.
Fact is instead of deathriding the players and management perhaps a little bit more support could have gone a long way.

Fact is we are balls deep in this title race and a little bit of luck might just see us do something extra special ...

I would like to thank all the people who were on the protest March at Narrabeen and those who signed the petition demanding Penn sell, CEO and Des sacked and a player clean out.

Obviously the march and petitions worked a treat and everyone at club got off their incompetent arses and started listening to the keyboard heroes and this turned it around!!

What was it again.

No speed.
No skill
No passion
No hope.

Oh and
Tommy Tissue.
DCE is past it.
Des has no idea.
Terrible roster.

Loved the bits saying we needed to do what the titans were doing also. That was inspired crapola.

Fact is we palyed 3 of the premiership heavyweights in the first 4 rounds. Fact is we were terrible and off the pace.
Fact is instead of deathriding the players and management perhaps a little bit more support could have gone a long way.

Fact is we are balls deep in this title race and a little bit of luck might just see us do something extra special ...

What was it again.

No speed.
No skill
No passion
No hope.

Oh and
Tommy Tissue.
DCE is past it.
Des has no idea.
Terrible roster.

So so true - those big mouth deathriders have suddenly shut up and vanished. I have seen few if any admissions of big mouthitis or I was wrooonnngggggg - just silence. I must admit there are some things I was originally wrong about including the Foran returning was a bad idea, Croker, Garrick etc not being up to A Grade standard but I have admitted they are both playing great and the Foran signing was a great outcome and that I was wrong. I still think we can upgrade at hooker and that Walker is a better attacking Centre but yes when you are wrong you admit that - no harm done. But yes it really says a lot about the character of the deathriders - they either disappear, change their profile name because they are so embarrassed, or just pretend and hope everyone forgets. Sad sad bunch of doomsdayers.

Last edited:
So so true - those big mouth deathriders have suddenly shut up and vanished. I have seen few if any admissions of big mouthitis or I was wrooonnngggggg - just silence. I must admit there are some things I was originally wrong about including the Foran returning was a bad idea, Croker, Garrick etc not being up to A Grade standard but I have admitted they are both playing great and the Foran signing was a great outcome and that I was wrong. I still think we can upgrade at hooker and that Walker is a better attacking Centre but yes when you are wrong you admit that - no harm done. But yes it really says a lot about the character of the deathriders - they either disappear, change their profile name because they are so embarrassed, or just pretend and hope everyone forgets. Sad sad bunch of doomsdayers.
No one is ever going to right about everything, and football forums are notoriously fueled by passion - but you make a good point about having the character to admit when you get it wrong. It's good for the soul.

No one is ever going to right about everything, and football forums are notoriously fueled by passion - but you make a good point about having the character to admit when you get it wrong. It's good for the soul.
Yes mate - I know nothing about anything. There is no doubt that I have no idea and I have lots of opinions on life, society, Manly etc but when I am wrong - I just admit that. Nothing bad about being wrong but when you can't admit that - well that shows a huge flaw in your character in my mind.

Passion is the achilles heel on Rugby League forums, no doubt.

Passion blinds logic and people vent their frustrations and that's fine.

As passionate as I am, I choose to remove my emotions from the situation for a moment and think rationally.

We don't need a new coach. He has been to five Grand Finals; too many for luck to play a part.

DCE is an Origin winning Captain. The squad is littered with talent. Enough to compete each week in this competition.

Tom T is a big out for us and the Fainu situation has meant we are down a genuine 9.

We will get Tom T back and we have enough to suggest that we will weather this storm. It just hasn't been a great start to the year...it happens. That's RL.

Keep the faith and get behind the club instead of knocking it when it's down. We need genuine supporters, not stone throwers. If you wanna throw stones, go for it. But the rest of us will enjoy future success so much more because we stuck solid during the tough times (which I might add, are not that tough when compared to say, Parramatta's history).
Passion always leads to becoming club members and really supporting our club and our team where it counts .

If you are passionate about our Club show it with passion and pride
Show it by becoming a club member

Yes mate - I know nothing about anything. There is no doubt that I have no idea and I have lots of opinions on life, society, Manly etc but when I am wrong - I just admit that. Nothing bad about being wrong but when you can't admit that - well that shows a huge flaw in your character in my mind.
I'm just the same mate.

I'm just the same mate.
Same as Suli - his was only a cameo appearance last night - but he carried strong and he was enthusiastic. He was left behind at one stage in a raid down our left edge near the end of the game but he recovered and instead of being lazy like he has been he chased them down. You can't decide on a players future in 10 minutes and we will see over the coming weeks if he keeps a bench spot but last night he was more enthusiastic than any game early in the season. I wont say my call to offload him is wrong ... yet, but he was certainly better and certainly looked damn fit last night.

Same as Suli - his was only a cameo appearance last night - but he carried strong and he was enthusiastic. He was left behind at one stage in a raid down our left edge near the end of the game but he recovered and instead of being lazy like he has been he chased them down. You can't decide on a players future in 10 minutes and we will see over the coming weeks if he keeps a bench spot but last night he was more enthusiastic than any game early in the season. I wont say my call to offload him is wrong ... yet, but he was certainly better and certainly looked damn fit last night.
Things are looking very bright indeed, and it is great to have some options finally. It's been a tough twelve months, but the challenging times only make these good ones sweeter.

I think we finally saw Des' reason for having Suli on the bench these past 2 games - to give Tom & spell & move Garrick to fullback.

Last week was too close to take Tom off but last night wasn't.

Quite risky not having a 3rd forward on the bench but the mad scientist does it yet again.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2