• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagle9413

Forward Pass
My feathered friends, we must be patient. It is only round 1 and the new look team needs time to gel. I have no doubt in my mind that as the season progresses we will get better. Snake is back next round and Walker is starting to pair well with DCE. I was very impressed with the second half defensively. The players will all come together nicely in time. This game was a good lesson for our youngsters.

For those with short memories, one team got smashed 36-6 in round 1 last year, yet ended up narrowly losing the grand final in extra time.

The idea is you want a team to develop and build as the season progresses.

For those with short memories, one team got smashed 36-6 in round 1 last year, yet ended up narrowly losing the grand final in extra time.

The idea is you want a team to develop and build as the season progresses.
Correct, and the team that won started 0 - 4, without the need to break in 8+ new players.

I said at least 6-8 weeks ago that I expected about 3 wins from the first 8 games, based on round 1 I'm thinking that's about right.

If we are 1/4 , then I think 2/4 the next month would be about right.

Now IF, we are to get into the top 8 this year we will need to start improving from then on, but 3/8 is where I see us in 2 months.

I hope I'm wrong, but Rome wasn't built in a day nor will be the new look Sea Eagles.

And yes I agree we do have to have patience, hard to say that in the heat of the battle ( I was as bad as everyone last night), but as a new day comes to an end, and another coldie about to be opened , my new word of the day is " patience".

I said at least 6-8 weeks ago that I expected about 3 wins from the first 8 games, based on round 1 I'm thinking that's about right.

Now IF, we are to get into the top 8 this year we will need to start improving from then on, but 3/8 is where I see us in 2 months.

I hope I'm wrong, but Rome wasn't built in a day nor will be the new look Sea Eagles.

And yes I agree we do have to have patience, hard to say that in the heat of the battle ( I was as bad as everyone last night), but as a new day comes to an end, and another coldie about to be opened , my new word of the day is " patience".
I think we will do a bit better than that but totally agree you can not just put a team together and expect instant success. Teams build over time.

Patience will not fix the fundamentals of dropping the ball cold and no line speed in defense.

Without those it won't matter if we get a couple of combos going because we will be gifting the opposition 20 points every game

3/8 is pretty poor and I doubt we would make the 8 with those stats. I reckon we win

Round 2
Round 5
Round 7
Round 8
Round 13
Round 14
Round 15
Round 17
Round 20
Round 21
Round 22
Round 24
Round 25
Round 26

So based on that we may miss the 8. We should win next week especially with snake back. But tigers with Tedesco could beat us so I reckon we probaly only win by 2 points

Patience is pretty much all we've had as Manly obsessives since the Gift hit the fan.
I'm over it.
I don't have any patience left.
I watch the footy so I feel good when stuff around me is a little on the crap side.
So yes Mr Barrett and Penn People, it is a results driven business and I want my good results ...... NOW!!!!!!!!
*Would someone be kind enough to pick my toys up off the floor and pass them back to me?
Thanks.

Tigers giving it to the Warriors so next game is no easy street either.

I still think 3/8 is about right, we are the team that's new nearly everyone else is more established.

But when we click, I'd expect us to click big time.

Don't forget we were last for half of 2015 and missed the finals by one game.

We won't get affected by SOO very much ( if at all), so from about then we power on into the finals.

My wife was shocked last night as i sat in one spot for the first time during a Manly game. I wanted us to win but last night we had 3 tries scored against us off stupid errors. They just have to get back to basics and they will improve. Ppl have to remember we have a large chunk of the squad that have the Des/Tooves game play ingrained in them and it's not easy to change habits, especially with limited times playing together.

If we reach last yrs start record without the injuries Tooves had to deal with then ok. Bit unfair on Barrett and the team after one game to demand changes.

Hopefully the team have a good look at themselves this week and work harder and results in a more cohesive performance regardless of the win/loss.

Go Manly!!

Tigers giving it to the Warriors so next game is no easy street either.

I still think 3/8 is about right, we are the team that's new nearly everyone else is more established.

But when we click, I'd expect us to click big time.

Don't forget we were last for half of 2015 and missed the finals by one game.

We won't get affected by SOO very much ( if at all), so from about then we power on into the finals.
Check your TV Mark.....8 point difference 15 to go....50/50

I wanted us to win but last night we had 3 tries scored against us off stupid errors. They just have to get back to basics and they will improve.

See, I thought exactly the same thing last year. And, at times, the year before that. But we kept making stupid errors all year. Everybody knew it had to improve, but nobody could shake it. It was almost like it became embedded in the team's DNA - part of the "culture", if you will. And even though we had a lot of new players out there working with supposedly new structures last night, it was a scarily familiar performance.
Two seconds before Williame coughed it up and gifted the Dogs a try, I said to my wife: "This is exactly like watching last year's team. And now we've got a chance to settle down and turn things our way, you can bet your life we'll make a mistake this set." I figured I had four or five tackles to be proved a genius but it only took one.
But yeah, it's one game in a long season. Plenty of time and opportunity to get better. People just need to realise it's not just a matter of hitting the "winner" switch. Nothing is guaranteed.

See, I thought exactly the same thing last year. And, at times, the year before that. But we kept making stupid errors all year. Everybody knew it had to improve, but nobody could shake it. It was almost like it became embedded in the team's DNA - part of the "culture", if you will. And even though we had a lot of new players out there working with supposedly new structures last night, it was a scarily familiar performance.
Two seconds before Williame coughed it up and gifted the Dogs a try, I said to my wife: "This is exactly like watching last year's team. And now we've got a chance to settle down and turn things our way, you can bet your life we'll make a mistake this set." I figured I had four or five tackles to be proved a genius but it only took one.
But yeah, it's one game in a long season. Plenty of time and opportunity to get better. People just need to realise it's not just a matter of hitting the "winner" switch. Nothing is guaranteed.

Agree that it was like watching last yrs team, felt like deja vu which wasn't fun. It's a work in
Progress so hopefully they take a step up next week :)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8