• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah I've really gotta' bite my tongue here.

Momentum is everything in rugby league and Penrith were helped along enormously in the 1st half; particularly the 1st half-hour. (Apart from the 4 or 5 penalties in a row).

Our disallowed try WAS wrong. NO obstruction.
Skivi on report and penalized for hittin' a bloke square-on (front on) is NOT a shoulder-charge. It's a man's game and it was another typical Matai mash-up and no more.

The penalty on Taufua, for blocking the Riff kid, wasn't a penalty either.
He didn't change his line. He stood still and readied for contact. Horhay can't disappear and the kid is obliged to go around him, to chase his chip-kick.

Jamal Idris rolled around like a beached whale on our line, making NO effort to get up. Get's the penalty; next phase the Riff score.

And so on.
I'm sure plenty's been said about the refs as usual (or there SHOULD be).

And I'll give Penrith credit. They came to play and are a good team now.

Soward (although from Wagga) has lost me for good. He's the biggest sook amongst quite a few in the NRL these days.

Same with the Nein commentary AGAIN too. Fittler, Sterlo, even Warren wet 'emselves for 60 minutes over the Riff effort, and I did mute most of the commentary in the end!

Twice as sweet to win in those circumstances. Also PERFECT rehearsal for tough finals-footy. And triple-treat to me, STOKED 18K-crowd got there for the occasion.

Thanks to all that got there; were rewarded with an exciting, if messy and frustrating game. And we're STILL alone on top of the table!

The less said about the miserly, miserable, moaning attitude of too many Manly "supporters" here the better, for mine.

So I'll leave it at that and hope my perspective is crystal-clear.

anthonyb1965 said:
Wombat Legacy said:
Sorry-A win does not gloss over the disgraceful efforts of the boys today.

Never at any stage thought we were "pathetic"! Nor did I think it was disgraceful! We didn't play well but stormed home and I hope, finding the bit of form!!

Are you sure your not posting on the wrong forum? This is the Manly forum, the raiders and tigers are elsewhere.

Mate, I am through and through_ I am just so disappointed in our execution today. Of course I love that we won and we hung in there, but from a premiership point of view, it was very disappointing. Let's hope we turn things around

It was a pretty ordinary performance. Except for about 2 x 10 minute passages in the second half. Glad to get the win but it's just papering over some pretty big cracks. We won't win too many finals games playing like that. We need to respect the pill and get back to basics.

Anyone that thinks or believes Manly were "pathetic" today are beyond clueless.

AND have no idea about the dynamics of rugby league!

I would have said rubbish. Ok, we won which means that needs to be revised. We were ordinary. I hooped and hollered on that win but nothing takes away from how ordinary we were. Yes, that may be miserable but so was our discipline.

RiverEagle said:

Thanks mate-I guess we will have to disagree. Don't give me a supporter or dynamics of rugby league lecture, it is my honest opinion we were pretty pathetic. Given we were on top of the ladder, I doubt it was an awe inspiring effort. Things were disjointed most of the game. I guess you are a better supporter than me :)

RiverEagle said:

Are we premiership favourites playing like that?

Educate me on these dynamics and what I've missed. We played a very , very depleted Penrith .

Wombat Legacy said:
Sorry-A win does not gloss over the disgraceful efforts of the boys today.

Disgraceful effort coming back from 22 -6?? May not have been pretty but it was a bloody gutsy comeback if you ask me. Give yourself a triple!!

Two gifted tries to the Riff.
One disallowed try to Manly.
I'm not kidding myself that they played great but hanging in to win that one showed guts and perseverance.
I'm quite a happy Manly supporter tonight.

Toovey & Lyon looked in pretty good spirits after the match, and I am too. Never seen us make so many weak turnovers and yet still good enough to pinch it.

Actually that makes up the golden point loss to Storm in Round 1.

Speaking of golden point, if Souths and Easts draw, we are minor premiers even if we lose to Cows.

Watching live, that was a skillful, fast, end to end game. Top 4 teams, both sides pushed it hard and chanced their arm. No conservative play out there, it was full tilt. The 2nd half only seemed to take 20 mins. I think anyone who watched this game in tele with ad breaks can have no idea of the reality of that game. So lighten up on the players.

They're discipline was just as poor @ManlyBacker

They also had the advantage of being considerable underdogs on the day, and the occasion (king, Gift, Skiv's 200th) multiplied the pressure on Manly massively to win.

So the Riff psychologically had nothing to lose (already ensured finals-footy).

They started well (with assistance) and their confidence grew.

Down 6-22 with 25 to go many if not most teams would've crumbled.

We hung in and hung in; were patient and the penalty-tide evened out too.
Our toughness kept us in it; our class won it.

You'd be surprised what a win like that at the last minute, on a day like today, can do for a team's confidence, unity and self-belief.

I'm proud of 'em and whatever happens from here know they'll never give up, and have already delivered me a far better season than about 10 teams have done for their fans.

If Tooves thinks that level of ill-discipline is acceptable then he needs to rethink. We just threw that game away with idiotic play-the-ball penalties. We are playing around 60% and need to really lift. I'm one who said we have a real chance of winning this year against a tide who said we are shot. But if that is what we will dish up in the finals then we are definitely gone.

ManlyBacker said:
If Tooves thinks that level of ill-discipline is acceptable then he needs to rethink. We just threw that game away with idiotic play-the-ball penalties. We are playing around 60% and need to really lift. I'm one who said we have a real chance of winning this year against a tide who said we are shot. But if that is what we will dish up in the finals then we are definitely gone.

TOTALLY disagree.

Read my above post and others at least before just choppin' all the trees down before the harvest's even started mate!

WE WON the game, against another top 4 side.

(We didn't throw anything away FFS).

So we got home in a miracle finish. Take that last try away and we probably wouldn't finish top 4. I am so disappointed by that game. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED that win. But hated our form.

RE, keep taking your meds as they are working. We were rubbish and no self-congratulating feel good buzz is going to change that. :)

Don't spill your lollies or spit dummies because I disagree with you.

I just have the same right to my opinion, do I not?

And as I've said before, a few times, I do defend Manly a tad more than perhaps they deserve some days, because there are so many critics.

EDIT: Always take my meds @ManlyBacker (I just mix 'em with alcohol a time or two, lol)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4