Paseka fined only

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
WTF goes on at NRL.com ?

From the article:

"Manly hooker Danny Levi was also successful in challenging a fine at the judiciary for the same offence"

Also:
"
On top of the players who accepted suspensions and those who went to the judiciary, 11 players accepted fines.
Taniela Paseka (Sea Eagles, $1700)".

Screenshot_20210803-220218_Samsung Internet.jpg

Manly hooker Danny Levi :drunk:

That's a relief RE Tent. He's a massive in for us against the Storm pack.

As for JWH......

1628140693030.png

Nick has his ways...

Honest question, if you were one of the lower paid players, would you prefer a week or two off at full pay, or a fine, losing actual income? Think it's pretty harsh that $2,000 out of someone's livelihood is taken from them?

He has a small family, that relocated to Queensland for us all.

He hasn't broken a law. I find this pre-historic, and almost unethical.

Honest question, if you were one of the lower paid players, would you prefer a week or two off at full pay, or a fine, losing actual income? Think it's pretty harsh that $2,000 out of someone's livelihood is taken from them?

He has a small family, that relocated to Queensland for us all.

He hasn't broken a law. I find this pre-historic, and almost unethical.
Ahhhh. But do they actually pay it?
I've been asking this question for months.
And if so, how much is the NRL making from these fines and what are they using the money for?
This could be just a PR trick to make it look like the NRL is really serious about foul play.

Ahhhh. But do they actually pay it?
I've been asking this question for months.
And if so, how much is the NRL making from these fines and what are they using the money for?
This could be just a PR trick to make it look like the NRL is really serious about foul play.

Judiciary code reforms​

A fines system will be introduced for some low-grade offences following an extensive review of the NRL Judiciary system.
All fines must be paid by the player and the revenue generated by the payment of fines will be reinvested in player wellbeing and education related initiatives.

Judiciary code reforms​

A fines system will be introduced for some low-grade offences following an extensive review of the NRL Judiciary system.
All fines must be paid by the player and the revenue generated by the payment of fines will be reinvested in player wellbeing and education related initiatives.

that's what I said months ago!!! (thanks!)

Then I got hit with - ah but how do we know the player pays them - so I was out.

hen I got hit with - ah but how do we know the player pays them - so I was out.
Just a guess - but the NRL actually plays the players salary as part of the grant to each club, so I assumed they just deduct fines from any months payment. If a club still passed on the full salary to the player it would actually be a salary cap breach. Although just a guess, as I say.

Just a guess - but the NRL actually plays the players salary as part of the grant to each club, so I assumed they just deduct fines from any months payment. If a club still passed on the full salary to the player it would actually be a salary cap breach. Although just a guess, as I say.
Nah, the NRL send the club's a monthly grant, and the players are.paid fortnightly I believe from memory.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8