Paseka and Wright!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
These 2 are not for off first grade debuts, Paseka first game for manly picks up a double what a buy! And Wright scored another double with some great footwork and pace and set up some tries with some great passes! Looks like 2 awesome long term prospects. Go Manly!

Paseka has played for us already, first game was round 7 i think and picked up an injury.

Personally haven't seen the big unit in action yet but from reports he tears them up in attack but his defence is not the best (like most of the NYC's). Would like to see him play for Blacktown.

Wright seems to be finally staying on the field without injury and improving as he goes with consistent game time. Still young so plenty of time, hopefully he comes good for first grade but not this year (as it means we have a lot of injuries)

Only seen tom Wright play once this year and he was awful. What I remember the most was lack of defence and selfish chip and chases at the wrong time of the game

Just watching the regies, well Cameron cullen must be bloody close as well. Brown , cullen , brown, Cullen , If thats what there doing just tossing up names and choosing brown then im stumped.

@Turbo1 How did Jade Anderson look? I was very impressed with his wing play and goal kicking the other week.
Bainbridge?
Jade Anderson was strong again, scored a double, kicked most goals, good prospect. Bainbridge, I think he was just his usual self, solid performance. Watch the lock jesse Martin, very good player.

These 2 are not for off first grade debuts, Paseka first game for manly picks up a double what a buy! And Wright scored another double with some great footwork and pace and set up some tries with some great passes! Looks like 2 awesome long term prospects. Go Manly!
All paseka did was score 2 tries from a metre out. What else did he do?Tom wright played well but does nothing in defence and could have passed out the back a few times for easy tries but didn't. Both are a mile away from first grade.

All paseka did was score 2 tries from a metre out. What else did he do?Tom wright played well but does nothing in defence and could have passed out the back a few times for easy tries but didn't. Both are a mile away from first grade.
Not sure what more you could ask of wright. Scored a double at least 2 try assists and a few line breaks. Obviously Showed good decision making to score and assist a double of each. Was Manlys best and the difference between the two teams. To say he could have passed out the back for easy tries is very subjective and IMO incorrect. Brad Parker was strong all game and getting back to his best also as were Smalley who reminds we of Nofoaluma from he Tigers with his strength in his carries and Olakauatu especially in defence. Paseka coming back from injury played long minutes and was visibly fatigue at the end of each stint. He did his job though, bent the the line on carries and was solid defensively. His tries were not spectacular but use his strength and a little footwork at the line to get across. He won't be far away from grade. A few more games under his belt and he will back to his best. Wright might be an option for next year or late season. He needs more consistency but if he can produce efforts like today, and he has a couple of times over the last month or so then he is well on his way.

I watched all three matches. What a joy to return to the golden days of three matches on a sunny Brookie Sunday.
In the Under 20s: Tom Wright was excellent (apart from failing to find touch from a penalty kick). I've been disappointed with him, but today he showed he can be our five-eighth in first grade next season. He's solidly built, with a good step and a pass. And he obviously sledges well because he instigated a couple of pushathons with Canberra players with his verbal sprays.
'Tent' is unstoppable close to the line. I'd like to see him get a bench spot in first grade against the Knights, instead of Poo. He would need only play a couple of short stints and I'll guarantee he'll have more impact than Poo. It would get him used to first grade, and I think playing against Newcastle would be the easiest introduction he could get.
Brad Parker played well at centre, and will probably come in for the injured Jorge in first grade, on the wing. He has bulked up and will handle the role.
Others to impress me were Mariesa Fainu (no. 9) and Haumole Olkautic (no. 19).
The Manly Workers: Surprised by leading 'comfortably' well into the second half then their defence fell apart.
Cameron Cullen impressed. He is a clever footballer and good organiser. He's quite quick, scoring a trying with a dart, and kicks well in general play.
Pat Mataele (no. 3) was strong in both attack and defence. Fiesty, a little bit like Matai.
Penny Lane. I watched him closely. He was the biggest player on the field (although not as big as Tent) but did no damage in attack. He tackled well and played long periods but he was more Mr Plod than Kapow. Shame. I think he'd do a reasonable job if promoted to first grade, but he is a long way behind our current first grade props.

Very interesting posting - The Who. Good to read some first hand accounts of these lower grade matches. I am sure that most Manly supporters hope that Tom Wright can progress to top grade level soon , he certainly seems to have all of the necessary attributes for a first grade 5/8, but agree that he has been a bit slow to develop , until recent times perhaps. Look forward to hopefully seeing this " Tent " in action soon , in any grade . Also I wonder how that promising injured 20 "s centre- [ Founu - is it ? ] is managing with his recovery . I saw the Workers on the T V coverage and had a similar impression of their efforts.

Not a fan of Tom Wright, am one of Paseka and believe he should be playing for Blacktown atm to help his game develop further (will take some time)

Sorry smithy, missed your post the first time , and also interesting of course and as all lower grade reports are.

Not a fan of Tom Wright, am one of Paseka and believe he should be playing for Blacktown atm to help his game develop further (will take some time)

Why?

I get the feeling that the brains trust havent really decided where to play him. Fullback. Center. 5/8.

With some league under his belt and the right direction this kid could be anything.

honestly i reckon Tom Wright was way overhyped from when we first signed him. I dont think he will get to where people hyped him to be, maybe wont even be able to play first grade

honestly i reckon Tom Wright was way overhyped from when we first signed him. I dont think he will get to where people hyped him to be, maybe wont even be able to play first grade
I thought that too. However, his performance today convinced me that he has the skills to make an NRL five-eighth.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8