Parramatta Seaeagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fair comments, but certainly doesn't change my mind on thinking he's a prick!

Yes, but he's a prick that plays good footy. That's my point. He made more yards and upped the ante in defence waaay more times than he ever knocked on.

People scream that he should be more gracious in his exit. Then, they call him names and abuse him on social media. How about we as fans show more class and grace and admit he is a damaging back rower, and wish him well with his future. Even if we don't really mean it ;)

Some will reply....Nah! If he wants to take it to the gutter, I'm more than happy to join him there, and I'll drag Manly there with me in our defence too by association!!!

Sad lol :(

I've never said he can't play football, and all those things you say Moz are correct.

However how he has shat on his old nest is unforgivable for a Life Member of our club.

For that he's a prick, but I admit he's a prick who can play and will probably have a stellar year this year ( motivation is a huge thing in our game).

Watmough has talked himself into a corner. He has his back to the wall now. I think he will knuckle down and produce at the eels. The Watmough some of you are describing is the one and same that played here last year. The same one that ate up meters and put in some big efforts.

He did this while he had the sh1ts, was sooking and was physically busted with his bicep. If he is 100% fit and in a happy place mentally, he will have a huge year.

Some peoples opinions of him are based solely on the way he has acted, and the things that he has said since leaving. Most of which I totally agree was low. But the fact remains, you don't need a high IQ to play rugby league, and Choc is bloody good at what he does on the field. He will lift the eels forwards this year.

Agree totally. His behaviour off the field helped fuel a toxic environment but you could never doubt his commitment on the field as the wheels were falling off our season, unlike a few others. The bloke is an absolute goose but I don't think he knows how to lie down on the footy field.He will stiffen up their pack.They have a lot of size,youth and speed and choc will add some steel....and Gower is a better player than when he left here because he has been given a licence to be creative. Not a criticism of Tooves here either-we just play a different style in the pack.

Last edited:
The few times I watched Gower take the field last season at the Eels I thought he played well. Better than he did for us. Must have been the Arthur magic.
He was coached by Arthur at Manly and he was still a Handbrake. I never rated him.

Watmough has talked himself into a corner. He has his back to the wall now. I think he will knuckle down and produce at the eels. The Watmough some of you are describing is the one and same that played here last year. The same one that ate up meters and put in some big efforts.

He did this while he had the sh1ts, was sooking and was physically busted with his bicep. If he is 100% fit and in a happy place mentally, he will have a huge year.

Some peoples opinions of him are based solely on the way he has acted, and the things that he has said since leaving. Most of which I totally agree was low. But the fact remains, you don't need a high IQ to play rugby league, and Choc is bloody good at what he does on the field. He will lift the eels forwards this year.
Yeah he has had some great games, but! He gets over-excited and loses his way drops balls and he used to frustrate me a lot. He is great but is error riddled even when he is at his best.

Yeah he has had some great games, but! He gets over-excited and loses his way drops balls and he used to frustrate me a lot. He is great but is error riddled even when he is at his best.

Agree to a point. Every player has his off days. There is not one player that gets through every game mistake free, be that a knock on, a missed tackle, a poor read in defence, a brain explosion that results in a penalty.

What I'm trying to say is that if you had the time, patience and inclination to watch all the games Choc played for us since his debut, the good things he has done on the field would by far out weigh the mistakes.

The way he has conducted himself since leaving is low. But that doesn't concern me in the slightest. He's not here anymore, he can say what he likes. If behaving and lashing out like a school boy makes him feel better, good for him. In the eyes of the rugby league world, his own words are making him look treacherous and disloyal. But that's for him to figure out.

Bottom line, IMO, he is a bloody good footballer that will go well at the eels this year. Just as he did for us in years past. For me to say any different would stink to high Heaven of sour grapes.

Agree to a point. Every player has his off days. There is not one player that gets through every game mistake free, be that a knock on, a missed tackle, a poor read in defence, a brain explosion that results in a penalty.

What I'm trying to say is that if you had the time, patience and inclination to watch all the games Choc played for us since his debut, the good things he has done on the field would by far out weigh the mistakes.

The way he has conducted himself since leaving is low. But that doesn't concern me in the slightest. He's not here anymore, he can say what he likes. If behaving and lashing out like a school boy makes him feel better, good for him. In the eyes of the rugby league world, his own words are making him look treacherous and disloyal. But that's for him to figure out.

Bottom line, IMO, he is a bloody good footballer that will go well at the eels this year. Just as he did for us in years past. For me to say any different would stink to high Heaven of sour grapes.
choc went through several seasons in the top ten in error rates across the league. Stats don't lie. He cleaned it up recently but he used to be top 5 in penalties conceded too

choc went through several seasons in the top ten in error rates across the league. Stats don't lie. He cleaned it up recently but he used to be top 5 in penalties conceded too

And during those seasons, where was he in meters gained? Line breaks? And the all important, though non existent stat of....lifting the team with a big hit or big run? Forcing errors with his defence? Putting pressure on opposition kickers?

And during those seasons, where was he in meters gained? Line breaks? And the all important, though non existent stat of....lifting the team with a big hit or big run? Forcing errors with his defence? Putting pressure on opposition kickers?
I'm not saying he hasn't been good. I just don't like his recent behaviour and also think it forces me to no longer overlook some of his more average performances. The nrl is so **** at keeping stats accessible to the fans. I just tried finding it and couldn't. He's below average on linebreaks, average on metres for a second rower

In no way do I condone his current outbursts either. But he is a beast when fit and firing. He has a huge motor and will go 80mins, no worries. On his footballing abilities, and only his footballing abilities, he is a huge asset to any team.

Would love to see how his stats stack up against other back rowers. His hit up count would be amongst the highest each week, surely.

This is interesting from that link...I'd like to see the penalties as they happened in each game. Players like Watmough, Matai etc are targets for the refs. They don't get the benefit of the doubt some others are given. I see Foz on that list too, not far behind Choc.

2010 Serial Offenders4: Anthony Watmough (Sea Eagles), Chris Heighington (Wests Tigers)
3: Brett Kimmorley (Bulldogs), Gary Warburton (Bulldogs), Trent Barrett (Sharks), Luke Bailey (Titans), Bodene Thompson (Titans), Kieran Foran (Sea Eagles), Brett Finch (Storm), Ryan Hinchcliffe (Storm), Cory Paterson (Knights), Antonio Kaufusi (Cowboys), Travis Burns (Panthers

Chocs stats last season
upload_2015-3-3_13-51-43.png

Dale finucine who I used as an example because he could be bought cheaper than choc and played less min
upload_2015-3-3_13-52-38.png

less missed tackles in more games, less errors, more hitups per game, less runs but more metres.

I think it was a smart move to cut his inflated salary. It was a good thing he was unhappy and was willing to walk. there are better options for less money.

Chocs stats last season
View attachment 1122

Dale finucine who I used as an example because he could be bought cheaper than choc and played less min
View attachment 1123

less missed tackles in more games, less errors, more hitups per game, less runs but more metres.

I think it was a smart move to cut his inflated salary. It was a good thing he was unhappy and was willing to walk. there are better options for less money.

I'm not saying there aren't better for value money options out there. We have one already in Blake Leary. What I'm saying is Watmough is a bloody good footballer who will do well at the eels.

Hahaha! Look at us Lurker....bloody hell! Bring on FRIDAY!!! We need some footy.

Look, on his day, the guy is an absolute machine. There was a time, back when he picked up the "Army of One" and "DNA Freak" nicknames, I think it was 2009, when he was the best backrower in the comp by a fair margin. In fact I can remember a game we lost against the Tigers where his performance was just about the best individual performance I've ever seen from any backrower, ever. He almost singlehandedly won us the game. That same year his Origin form was phenomenal, too. He might not have consistently lived up to that form but I doubt anyone could have in the long run.
Yes, the way he left the club was terrible. And he's carried on like a goose ever since. But as others have pointed out, he's not the sharpest tool in the shed (he's a rugby league player, FFS) and is easily led. As far as his media comments go, I think he just enjoys giving people what they want. If he's cast as the villain, so be it.
So cheer every mistake he makes in an Eels jersey - I sure as hell will - but don't forget where he came from and what he did for the club.
He was always a bit of a dick anyway. Now he's just somebody else's dick.

He was coached by Arthur at Manly and he was still a Handbrake. I never rated him.
I never rated him when he played for us but thought he played well in the games I saw last season. Particularly when he played us.

The Arthur comment was tongue in cheek.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6