Parra offer Hoppa unders to stay

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The article states that the offer to him is $200K. I recall during the Gifty signing saga any amount Gift received by us was "deemed" to be at a certain amount based on the fact that he had been a rep level player which was a problem for our cap. As Hoppa is a current NSW rep player he must be under that rule as well, so it must be $200K or less?
Anyone know the scale of deemed payments for various levels of rep player?

However, you miss one very important point. This is Parramatta not Manly. They'll probably change the rules so the Eels can pay him less.

Pretty sure the Gifty amount we offered was 3 or 350 so no way 2 can fly.

Really though, Parra seem incapable of not completely ****ing up any contract negotiation. They were lucky Foz is a total dumb**** infatuated with Dalai and Choc or this would be the second time they were getting dragged off to court or to an arbitrator.

Should the NRL as the governing body not say something on this? Oh... Yeah sorry... Dave Smith etc...
Well it might just be there 2nd visit, correct me if im wrong wasn't the dalai' s manager, Mr Orr considering legal action regarding payment disagreements ?
Or was that sorted already and I've missed the outcome??

Yeah it's hard to feel sorry for him when he shafted the club that developed him just to chase a quick and easy pay day. He should have known better too, every player who goes to Parra ends up worse.

I think the whole idea of throwing crazy money at players is fraught with peril. If it feels like easy money to them they'll be less motivated to put in the hard yards.
Yep the eagles put him on good money when he was 16 as well as saving his father's arse and giving his jailbird brother another opportunity when the slugs flicked him, the entire hopoate family can all f**k off for mine.

Reading the article......parra are playing hardball.

1)We aren't honouring the contract you think you have,
2)We are only offering 200k,
3)If you go elsewhere we aren't paying you a cent, and
4)If you go to another nrl club we aren't paying any of your salary.

!!!!!

Possibly a win win for manly fans....

Parra, who we all think suxxorz are off to court...and

Hoppa whom we all think did the dirty on us is copping some karma.

I guess we'll see if bozo really runs the show is he gets the hoppa family another manly contract!

ta dah!
Bozo can go f**k himself if he's got any plans to bring that ungrateful has been back to Brookie.

My only hope is that Will Hopoate has been tanking at Lol@Parra for the last two years, because bozo the clown has picked him in origin not on form, maybe on a promise.

The eels fans on one eyed eel are giving it to manly saying we only signed Hoppa as coach to get Will Hoppa back for unders etc.

I am not suggesting this isn't true nor am I condoning signing john Hoppa as coach as I have some concerns about this however those parra fans have short memories.

They signed Will Hoppa for an absolute mint and part of the deal was Jamil and John to coach juniors over there. They seem to have forgotten that.

At the time all of us were saying it was a stupid idea and all three Hoppas would just take their money and not deliver anywhere near what they were all paid and would be back here in a few years.

Looks like we were right.

Would love Hoppa back in the birds nest. Can't blame him taking the ridiculous $$$ at the end of 2011 while sitting for 2yrs out of the game.

Think he's unmotivated at Parra - like Lussick and would be a great player returning to Manly - albeit for much less than the $800K Parra (paid/should pay).

Would love Hoppa back in the birds nest. Can't blame him taking the ridiculous $$$ at the end of 2011 while sitting for 2yrs out of the game.

Think he's unmotivated at Parra - like Lussick and would be a great player returning to Manly - albeit for much less than the $800K Parra (paid/should pay).
Problem with Hoppa is that he puts his religious work ahead of his day job. He tried to get Parra to let him sit out Sunday games. :wondering:
He is also now a married man as opposed to the wide eyed virgin when he signed with Parra. So family matters will also continue to distract him :cool:

The time away from footy would have highlighted the daily grind that training is.

So this week it is revealed John is coach. Jamil be signed if NRL say ok. What day will Will be announced as playing for us? Sunday Papers sell...

Why help Parra out at all. They are busted on the salary cap, yet still signing players. I hope Hoppa wins his case and Parra have to cough up with the dollars. There will have to be a massive fire sale if that occurs.

Weedlers interview with John Hoppa tonight suggested that the storm and dogs are the main clubs interested in Will Hoppa.

What the eels have done and what they have offered Will is bordering on unethical.

I am actually surprised the NRL doesn't get involved. Surely it's not good for the game for Parra to keep signing players to contracts which takes the player off the market not register the contract with the NRL then try and change the terms later on and just say sorry we never registered it. They've done it twice this year.

Last edited:
I am actually surprised the NRL doesn't get involved. Surely it's not good for the game for Parra to keep signing players to contracts which takes the player off the market not register the contract with the NRL then try and change the terms later on and just say sorry we never registered it. They've done it twice this year.

Agree!

But I guess nrl head office are too busy running around adding a few zeros to their contracts now David Smith has gone.

Latest news suggests Will Hopoate is about to sign a contract with the Dogs. Apparently they are trying to offload Sam Perrett to get Hopa under the cap.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4