Parra 2016 - tin foil hat theory

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
Well it's the off season. Everyone's bored so I've put my shiny hat on and came up with a theory that the slime may be in line for an Nrl Fairytale. I'm not saying they can do it but here's some of the cards stacked in their favour.
  • They have a dream draw with plenty of televised matches. What team that finishes 10th get's a draw like theirs and such television exposure except for the donkeys?
  • They have the largest supporter base of the Western Sydney teams and the inner city was covered by the 2014 bunnyfest.
  • A Qld team won it last year
  • A 30 year Premiership drought
  • Plenty of ex-Manly players on board which makes the parra fans and media salivate.
  • Their team should be considerably better next year.
  • If uninjured, Foz will be pumped with plenty to prove. He'll get regular cuddles from Choccy and the Dalai.
It's a disgusting idea I know. But will they be given the rub of the green this year? We all know this completion is unfair. You just have to look at the draw. Fairytales have happened 3 years in a row beginning with the SBW rorters being assisted to a Premiership over the Mighty Sea Eagles.
Please share your thoughts on this horrible idea and feel free to puke if necessary.

Well it's the off season. Everyone's bored so I've put my shiny hat on and came up with a theory that the slime may be in line for an Nrl Fairytale. I'm not saying they can do it but here's some of the cards stacked in their favour.
  • They have a dream draw with plenty of televised matches. What team that finishes 10th get's a draw like theirs and such television exposure except for the donkeys?
  • They have the largest supporter base of the Western Sydney teams and the inner city was covered by the 2014 bunnyfest.
  • A Qld team won it last year
  • A 30 year Premiership drought
  • Plenty of ex-Manly players on board which makes the parra fans and media salivate.
  • Their team should be considerably better next year.
  • If uninjured, Foz will be pumped with plenty to prove. He'll get regular cuddles from Choccy and the Dalai.
It's a disgusting idea I know. But will they be given the rub of the green this year? We all know this completion is unfair. You just have to look at the draw. Fairytales have happened 3 years in a row beginning with the SBW rorters being assisted to a Premiership over the Mighty Sea Eagles.
Please share your thoughts on this horrible idea and feel free to puke if necessary.
Unfortunately I'm right there under the tin foil hat with you. Been thinking this for a while. The only thing that goes against is it is that I really don't think Dalai is a head coach. Fingers crossed.
And if they get Hiku, I'll be double death riding them.

Wouldn't the better western Sydney team be more worthy - ie the Bulldocks?

It will be like building a house of cards with Parramatta. The last few cards to go in place and the whole house comes crashing down . That will be their semis shot for another year.

Wouldn't the better western Sydney team be more worthy - ie the Bulldocks?
Neither of them are worthy. The hat's definitely on with those rule rorting doggies and Greenslime running the show.

A big question for me is how are they going to handle the tough times? How will Foran react when they go through a rough trot? If he steps up and shows true character and leadership they will get through it......or will he throw the toys out of the cot like we know he can? How will he respond to being the latest to be the the cursed heir apparent to Peter Sterling? Personally I believe it will start well, and end in tears. And I don't mean in four years time. I mean in 2016, I think they will start reasonable and then fall away and fans expectations will kill him off.

They do have everything stacked in their favour for a successful season. But I still think (and hope) they'll find numerous ways to stuff it up.

With all those things stacked in their favour ff Foz and Choc together stay fit and play a lot more than they miss I think their game attitude could lift that side.
But on pressure, not many get their image middle top of the fan's page a year before they actually play for them. If Choc thought he had a lot of pressure on him this year, Foz is going in at a whole new level of expectation.

They probably have the team to make the eight. However, the spoon has magnetic properties for the eels. Hopefully..That should be enough to keep them close to it.

lol
Parra to miss the 8 and Foran to show what he really is - a player that compliments, and excels in, an already star studded well drilled line up, not one that swoops in, dominates a season and leads a bunch of nuffies to instant success.
Parra fans are in for butt hurt if they think he's their saviour.

Looking at the draw, I don't think they will win any more then 3 wins after 10 or more rounds..... 2016 a flop and couch under fire early.

Their biggest issue is whether foran can handle playing half back and not 5/8. And also how he handles the pressure of parra finally finding the next peter Sterling. Not much pressure at all

He hasn't played half back at top level except when we played the dogs in 2014 and he was outplayed by Tony Williams who had a blinder that game. That says a lot for his ability to play half back.

Wantmore's battered body is a year older and Bea Scott is useless and who also has a battered body.

Add in plodders like Hasson, Gower and Mannah and it isn't exactly a forward pack that would threaten too many teams. Plus they seem to have a lot of players who constantly pick up bad injuries (especially hookers) and a coach who has acheived nothing in the two seasons he has been in charge.

Remember if we had beaten them twice in 2015 instead of losing to them they would have finished last

I anticipate that we won't lose to them in 2016

Expect them to beat the boncos in the first game by 20 and then everyone will be talking them up as premiership winners. Then from the second round onwards their season will go into a slow decline just like previous years.

They will finish in the bottom half of the ladder where they belong. If Radradra gets injured early they will finish last.

If they don't make the semis this year Arthur will have a difficult time retaining his job

Last edited:
140495.gif

:tinfoil::tinfoil:
816.jpg
:tinfoil::tinfoil:

I have a feeling it may be us and them fighting for top 8. Not because of their talent. But other factors as posters have mentioned: eg draw, rub of the green, and an improved team.

I still think we'll make top 8, and they'll just miss out.

If Parramatta had poached DCE and his long kicking game they would give the premiership a shake because their forward pack isn't too bad. Instead they are relying on halves with average kick meters.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4