Parking Around Brooky

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Manly4Ever

Reserve Grader
The police will be cracking down on illegally parked vehicles this weekend and for the remainder of the season after complaints from local residents once again. You have been fore warned, do not let pollies steal anymore of your hard earned. :naughty:

Lol I read that at ME and had to make a quip on how ammusing the police will be walking around with trundle wheels to measure the distance to the double white line and the intersection

lol, Duff and I have a joke, we like to park each other in if possible, basically we keep ending up closer to the intersection. Best behave this sunday

thoise residents remind me of the ones who move next to the airport then complain about the noise from planes!

They are the same as the idiots near Luna Park too.
I hope I see them trying to get signatures or hand out flyers somewhere when I'm in the mood for a barney.
C'mon Fluff, try to park me in, don't let the "narks" win.

Duff,

The park was shut down and up for sale when many of the residents near luna park moved in and many of the properties were built.

Danny, partially right about Luna park, though the reality remains that it was 3 people who basically stopped the roller coaster at Luna Park, being a well known architect and two supporters.

Local action groups are usually a very small group using the local media effectively - the rest of people are apathetic.

yeah but the point with Luna park as an example is that these residents moved in when luna park was closed! it opened up and disturbed them EVERY day in a big way

Luna Park was always designated and zone as an amusment park area - the arhitect no longer lives there BTW

not when it closed in the early 90's it was going to be redeveloped into housing

Your telling me it was zoned from an Amusment Park to resindetial then rezoned back from residential to allow to reopen - I don't think so. The residential was only ever an option/proposal - Carr put a law thru NSW Parliament to enshrine it use as an amusment park sometime ago.

Listen just because you live at Mosman you don't have to support your millionaire neighbours at Milson Point.

This isn't really about footy is it?

I am not supporting them just cause its in mosman.

You boys tookt he argument down the wrong path.

My argument was that the Luna Park scenario could not be used a suitable example about these minorities as the park was completely closed and pretty much stripped when most of them moved in or the buildings were built.

brooky oval has been there since 47 and used since then

Luna Park went into receivership as a result of the Roller Coaster being banned -due to court action. After it was closed there were various proposals floated as to use of the park. Luna Park was there forever and a day though the fire in the Tunnel of Love a number of years ago had it closed for a while!

Luna Park went into receivership as a result of the Roller Coaster being banned -due to court action. After it was closed there were various proposals floated as to use of the park. Luna Park was there forever and a day though the fire in the Tunnel of Love a number of years ago had it closed for a while!

THAT WAS LAST TIME IT WAS CLOSED!

The first time it was closed was in the early 90's about 91 or 92 at that stage itwas going to be made residential

No chance, Brookvale is a industrial suburb, the land prices are 35% cheaper than anywhere else on the northern beaches and it hardly has any residents i.e no real votes when it comes too election time.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4