Parker to centre on Sun.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’m guessing he’ll prefer the prostate massage method?
IMG_9486.jpeg

They've chosen Harper on the wing, I'd honestly just play Koula on the wing just to run rings around him.
Perfect, Lionel will be coming of his line and in to no mans land positions. There'll be a lot of traffic coming his way. Ray v Lionel match up will be highly entertaining to watch.

Quite the preemptive judgement. Talau has only played one game and was solid and with week to week improvement should only get better, the base skillset is there.

Clayton hasn't made his debut yet so little harsh. I thought he showed good talent in the first trial against pretty much a full strength Roosters side.

Ray I agree is not a long-term option but is good enough to come in every once in a while to fill in a gap. He has a certain flair to him and provides energy and agression, and a packed out Commbank will only fuel that more. Would say he was one of the main contributors to that famous Melbourne win last year at Brooky. Even though he got sinbinned he had that right side of Melbourne absolutely rattled with some of his contact in only his 3rd game in first grade.
I know a lot about Talau so am not basing it off his 1 game. He is not a great athlete. He is slow and when put in space, struggles to make definitive decisions about which option to take. There was a game last year against Saints and he had 3-4 opportunities in space and fluffed them all. If the winger was unmarked, he’d dummy and run, or he’d pass too early and the defence would slide and cover his winger. I see him as depth only.

The other two are pretty much the same. They’re not great athletes. Ray is a shortish and slowish winger, but does have a good yardage carry in the first half before gassing, and can put on hit. Faulalo is average in speed, size and strength. I do see some football smarts from him though.

All three are serviceable when required, but none are future stars, and that’s OK, they don’t have to be. They just need to do a job when called upon.

Speed Kills
Speed Thrills
Speed is Sexy
Speed is a intoxicating cocktail of Endless Pleasurable Endorphins
Speed is Addictive and keeps the fans coming back for more

Slow is not the Great Go Forward Future for Manly
Let us not Go Backwards and Back to Slow
1710894357072.png

There’s plenty of options to replace a winger, so I wouldn’t be too worried about it. The Sqeels are not boasting too much talent on the wings.

I know a lot about Talau so am not basing it off his 1 game. He is not a great athlete. He is slow and when put in space, struggles to make definitive decisions about which option to take. There was a game last year against Saints and he had 3-4 opportunities in space and fluffed them all. If the winger was unmarked, he’d dummy and run, or he’d pass too early and the defence would slide and cover his winger. I see him as depth only.

The other two are pretty much the same. They’re not great athletes. Ray is a shortish and slowish winger, but does have a good yardage carry in the first half before gassing, and can put on hit. Faulalo is average in speed, size and strength. I do see some football smarts from him though.

All three are serviceable when required, but none are future stars, and that’s OK, they don’t have to be. They just need to do a job when called upon.

These Talau mistakes you mention seem to be when he was playing as a centre. He doesn't need to make those type of decisions anymore if he plays winger. He doesn't need to focus on passing the ball anymore as he'd the be the last man on the break or on the back end of a shape so this now simplifies it for him. Just get the ball, run hard and break tackles just like his try on Sunday.

They might not look like future superstars now but someone like Talau just needs more time and consistent footy in their position before making a definitive judgement on him. Garrick was slated by our fans in 2020 because he was soft in contact and would get radgolled on kick returns. Fans wanted him out. He's been one of the most elite wingers in the comp last few years and now one of the talents who can cover multiple positions in the backline and even though some fans don't like this centre switch I can guarantee by the end of season he will have highly improved in that position.

Personally I'd rather Parker at centre and either Garrick or Koula on the wing instead of Ray. I'm also hoping that Seibs gives Talau as much time as possible to prove his fitness.

I like Ray, I do. He has so much enthusiasm and passion for playing. The problem is that all of the enthusiasm and passion doesn't make up for his lack of talent. He is slow for a winger, has poor hands, is very suspect under a bomb and in general his decision making is poor.

10 years ago Ray Vaega was Jorge Taufua. The problem is the game has moved on from 10 years ago.

Personally I'd rather Parker at centre and either Garrick or Koula on the wing instead of Ray. I'm also hoping that Seibs gives Talau as much time as possible to prove his fitness.

I like Ray, I do. He has so much enthusiasm and passion for playing. The problem is that all of the enthusiasm and passion doesn't make up for his lack of talent. He is slow for a winger, has poor hands, is very suspect under a bomb and in general his decision making is poor.

10 years ago Ray Vaega was Jorge Taufua. The problem is the game has moved on from 10 years ago.
Jorge a much better player in his pomp.

Very similiar style though

Veaga was kept for depth and apparently has been really good during the offseason so he gets his chance to fill in , Manly have there starting wingers . Veaga won’t take the position on comparable skill but will fill in and do his job
Have a great Game Ray Veaga

It is a rather fragile-looking Eels three-quarter line. I'm nervous about Ray and talented, experienced backs. But against this lot he might get the chance to do what he does well, which is unsettle people and give them some bruises. I am looking forward to watching him this weekend, I think this game is set up for him.

These Talau mistakes you mention seem to be when he was playing as a centre. He doesn't need to make those type of decisions anymore if he plays winger. He doesn't need to focus on passing the ball anymore as he'd the be the last man on the break or on the back end of a shape so this now simplifies it for him. Just get the ball, run hard and break tackles just like his try on Sunday.

They might not look like future superstars now but someone like Talau just needs more time and consistent footy in their position before making a definitive judgement on him. Garrick was slated by our fans in 2020 because he was soft in contact and would get radgolled on kick returns. Fans wanted him out. He's been one of the most elite wingers in the comp last few years and now one of the talents who can cover multiple positions in the backline and even though some fans don't like this centre switch I can guarantee by the end of season he will have highly improved in that position.
I always thought Garrick was an athlete and I think that’s the difference. I look at a player’s raw ability/talent, I.e. the skills they possess before they’ve had any real experience and that’ll often provide insight into their potential ceiling. I like speedy wingers with the ability to jump for a high ball or turn an half chance into points, etc. and Talau is too slow and one dimensional for my liking. He may end up proving worthy as a carrier of the ball out of yardage, I just don’t see a threat in him regarding the other aspects of playing wing. I don’t mind him as depth but I wouldn’t be clearing a pathway to the position for him, put it that way.

I agree that Gaz will get it together and certainly own that centre position. He’s already doing good things with the ball, it’s just the defensive combinations that will take some time.

Last edited:
If there was a necessity for Garrick to go back to the wing, Burbo is a far better option at centre, not that I would want to move him from the back row.
I think the right call has been made. We’ve spent an entire preseason getting Garrick and Burbo ready for centre and back row respectively. If the club can’t find a couple of serviceable wingers and have to resort to an entirely new plan, one that hasn’t been greased since last year, and weaken two other positions in the process, then something is very wrong with recruitment.

It is a rather fragile-looking Eels three-quarter line. I'm nervous about Ray and talented, experienced backs. But against this lot he might get the chance to do what he does well, which is unsettle people and give them some bruises. I am looking forward to watching him this weekend, I think this game is set up for him.
Sivo is out suspended, so Ray can be our equivalent Sivo instead.

Remember his big hit on Munster ?
we went on holidays not long after that hit to croatia & greece. met a lot of yanks on the tours we went on & i made sure each & every one of them saw it!
they were either shocked, excited or scared. or a combination of all 3!

we went on holidays not long after that hit to croatia & greece. met a lot of yanks on the tours we went on & i made sure each & every one of them saw it!
they were either shocked, excited or scared. or a combination of all 3!
Thank you for the sharing your story and I am sure you hade an amazing time at picturesque Croatia and Greece
That Ray Bell Ringer on Munster certainly aroused emotions

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8