[Resurrected] Parcell the next to go?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

bringbackbeaver

Reserve Grader
Why do we seem to be ending up with Penrith's rejects? Seriously, how can they think Api is a better hooker / dummy half than Parcell?

Yes I like Api as a player, he's a tough little competitor with a big heart, but in all honesty as a dummy half he is very hit and miss (more miss) with his passes. I could live with him being a bench utility and back up dummy half, but he shouldn't be the first choice #9 and no way in hell should Brown be considered the #2 as Api's backup.

Parcell should be our #9, no argument.
I don't think either of them are going to get us to a GF. 100% agree re Api, lots of energy, handy to have as a spark but makes some very bad decisions, his 5th tackle passes are cringworthy.. (DCEs ankles seem to be the target). Parcel is solid but could be injury prone? didn't set the world on fire in his 11 starts although does the basics well. I think our next big recruitment decision needs to be on a top 4 hooker before anything else.

Ryan

Journey Man
I don't think either of them are going to get us to a GF. 100% agree re Api, lots of energy, handy to have as a spark but makes some very bad decisions, his 5th tackle passes are cringworthy.. (DCEs ankles seem to be the target). Parcel is solid but could be injury prone? didn't set the world on fire in his 11 starts although does the basics well. I think our next big recruitment decision needs to be on a top 4 hooker before anything else.

I'd prefer Parcell to be honest, but didn't Api get the Bunnies to a GF? And won?

Duff

Bencher
For all those saying that Parcell didn't set the world on fire, did you watch the Canberra game at Brooky?
The team completely changed when he came on and so did the scoreboard. I'm almost certain the world was ablaze that day and he was found holding a box of matches. I wouldn't be looking past Parcell if you want to blame someone.

tookey

First Grader
So the club and Barrett have continually used the injury excuse for last season's poor result but Parcell who spent most of the season injured cannot use the same excuse?

Double standards perhaps

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Read all this in Twitter. He's usually pretty spot on. I have no idea how a team functions if the coach doesn't have the reins and, for that matter, if his opinion counts for nothing. I feel so sorry for Baz. Lousy way to try to show you are a first grade coach.
My strong feeling is that Bozo only knows one type of team and that's the model that De$ has now shown to be antiquated. Time will tell. But all my feelings in this really are for our coach.
What makes people like Bozo Champions is that they are not swayed by their feelings . They make decisions with their brains and decisions are made with logic and not emotions.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
So the club and Barrett have continually used the injury excuse for last season's poor result but Parcell who spent most of the season injured cannot use the same excuse?

Double standards perhaps
Unless we know the facts we can not really judge

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Ooh we can judge.
Everything is possible :)
judgejudy.jpg

Snake

Snake's Alive!

Double standards perhaps
To be fair he did play 15 of a possible 24 games so that's more than enough opportunity to show your wares. He is 24 years old and simply hasn't made first grade his own so we move on.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart

Its somewhat exaggerated to suggest Parcel is injury prone just because he suffered injury last year. Didnt seem to affect him in the past. Most players suffer periods of injury. Its part of the game. There are few like Menzies who seemed to have great luck in avoiding major injuries. Doesnt happen too often. Look at Stewart and Matai over the past 5-8 years. Parcell is only 'injury prone' if he has injuries consistently over several years and even then he may come out of it.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
To be fair he did play 15 of a possible 24 games so that's more than enough opportunity to show your wares. He is 24 years old and simply hasn't made first grade his own so we move on.
And played with recovering injury, but hey bozo gets what bozo wants.

Eagleheart

Bencher
Unfortunately Bozo is just dictating what he and ZtH want. Barrett is just a puppet, so while ever that structure is in place we will not go anywhere near a GF or the top four for that matter.

So, I would not be surprised if they made another silly decision, i.e. release Parcell. 80% of the recruitment and decision making around the team over the past 18 months (at least) has been absolutely ridiculous.

And for the record, there is a some truth to the notion that player managers are advising players to avoid Manly like the plague. There is very little how would you say, clear direction and confidence in the future out Narrabeen training way. And that is mostly why we have missed out on some key signings, not because of the cap, Matai or Stewart.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
He is a premiership winning 9 after all...

Only because Isaac Luke was suspended, otherwise he would never have been in Souffs premiership winning team. Remember, Api left Souffs because he was next to no chance of unseating Luke and then went to Penrith.....as a premiership winner.....and still wasn't even their first choice hooker because they had Segeyaro.

There was a reason that he was only considered the backup at Souffs and Penrith.

Read all this in Twitter. He's usually pretty spot on. I have no idea how a team functions if the coach doesn't have the reins and, for that matter, if his opinion counts for nothing. I feel so sorry for Baz. Lousy way to try to show you are a first grade coach.
My strong feeling is that Bozo only knows one type of team and that's the model that De$ has now shown to be antiquated. Time will tell. But all my feelings in this really are for our coach.

I think Barrett could be a good first grade coach if he was actually allowed to coach. I feel for him in a way because its like Bozo is really running the team and until Bozo steps back, we won't see how good TB could be.

Bencher
I'm sure we would agree with this:

Api has to be in the side, or at worst on the bench as a utility.

Parcell, is 24, and has prospects, but had a bad year with injury.

Brown has the goat photos, so will be in the team, or on the bench.

Therefore, I'm thinking Parcell was looking at a long stint in the Reggies, unless we cop some early injuries to Api and Brown. There are 2 spots available, and Parcell looks like missing out. He has all but signed a 3 year deal with Leeds. He had 2 years left on his contract with us, so we free up some cap space, and move on. Best of luck to you Matty... we can't keep them all!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16