ox and matai back round 5? possible lineup?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

domdom

ok,

depending on what the medicos say, ox and matai are due back for the round 5 clash against the dogs.

what do you guys think should be the lineup?

for me, ox is the obvoius choice for 7, burns should stay as 6. ballin has done really well, but monas should go back to hooker i think, which will put ballin on the bench. monas has more experience, and we might need his field goal kicking skills late in the game.

matai i think would be pretty effective coming off the bench. we could really use his strong running late in each half, where he would do some damage running into tiring defensive lines.

we havent really seen much from bell and lyon, but i think if they have ox dictating play, they might come into the game more. to win this game they really need to be more prominent than they have been so far in the comp.

thoughts?

I would go with this.. just to throw it out there

01. Stewart
02. Robertson
03. Bell
04. Lyon
05. Hicks
06. Burns
07. Orford
08. King
09. Monaghan
10. Kite
11. Watmough
12. G. Stewart
13. Williamson

14. Ballin
15. Rose
16. Hall
17. Matai

Use matai as just a hard running backrower or something.. if he can't be used like that then he goes to PL and Bryant gets the bench spot on the proviso he pulls his finger out.

Matai would be good as a utility coming off the bench. As long as he can curb his rushing defense.

i heard matai was due back in round 5.

definietly think we'll get alot of punch in using him off the bench, in a frank pritchard type role.

I HOPE Orford is back....but this is from SMH today..and from the horses mouth:-

Menzies and Matai will be out for a few more weeks, while Orford talked down his chances for Saturday's game as an ankle injury continues to prevent him changing direction while running. "I don't think they'll name me [in the side to play the Bulldogs]," Orford said.

"I'm still not sure. We always said we'd have a look next week, but nothing is certain. I will have a run next week, but I haven't done any skill work with the team at all.

"I'll have a run this week and hopefully change direction. I think after a couple of tests in the middle of the week, I'll have a clear indication as to whether I will be fit for the game - or even if I'm going to be half a chance."

Obviously its between Orford and Matai for the bench spot....

Only joking.

My team maybe:

3 Matai

6 Lyon
7 Ox
9 Monas

14 Ballin

Sorry Burns but I haven't been impressed.

Obviously its between Orford and Matai for the bench spot....

Only joking.

My team maybe:

3 Matai

6 Lyon
7 Ox
9 Monas

14 Ballin

Sorry Burns but I haven't been impressed.

Though if Matai can't learn to keep his spot in the defensive line this would be mine:

3 Lyon

6 Monas
7 Ox
9 Ballin

14 Burns

Yeah, a big screw you to the guys that have left Matai out!! hahhaa... we have to endure the headache that is finding a spot for him so you do too hahhaa

Nutz, I have no problem with Matai coming back through the PL. As I've said in numerous posts, he could then work on his defensive problems.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4