Owner admits Rabbitohs future in doubt

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
SOUTH Sydney co-owner Peter Holmes a Court says the club's future in the National Rugby League could be in doubt.

"I can't guarantee Souths will survive," Holmes a Court said.

NRL boss David Gallop this week predicted Sydney clubs would fall because of a funding crisis in the game.

Holmes a Court has become the first club boss to admit his team is vulnerable, just seven years after the Rabbitohs rejoined the NRL.

"Not at all. There are no guarantees. People looking for guarantees need to get behind the club," Holmes a Court said.

Poker machine taxes and smoking bans are crippling rugby league clubs, the newspaper states.

"David Gallop has said nine (Sydney) teams can't survive. I can't guarantee we won't be one of them but we are working hard to make sure we aren't," Holmes a Court said.

Two years after paying $3 million to take ownership of the club, "the fairytale partnership between Holmes a Court and Hollywood actor Russell Crowe is showing signs of strain", the Daily Telegraph reported.

"Adding to the Rabbitohs' financial troubles, Holmes a Court has also confirmed he and Crowe have already begun scaling back their own personal investment in the club," the newspaper said.

"Rumours of a high-powered rift have surfaced as the Rabbitohs languish on the bottom of the table with just one win."

Holmes a Court says the way forward for Souths is to focus on membership as the No.1 goal and sponsorship as the club's No.1 revenue.

"We will record a loss this year," he said.

"I am not going to say how much that is. We are hoping to break even over the next couple of years but to do that we will need another 4000 members."

Multi-millionaire businessman Holmes a Court admits he has "frequent disagreements" with Crowe over club issues.

Well surprise surprise, maybe thats because you are 2 of the biggest fu#kwits to ever walk the earth.

4000 members?  He's kidding right.  That's about the size of the crowd they get at 'home' matches.  While they play at ANZ, keep losing, have a crap coach and playing roster, and idiot owners, they'll only go one way, out the door.  It says it all when we've turned to Newcastle as our recruitment juniors rather than souths.  They've got nothing. 

And the thing that ****s me the most is the memory of all those clowns walkng across the Harbour Bridge or wherever it was demanding that the Rabbits be put back into the comp. How many turned up, 100,000 or something along those lines. Where are these dickheads now.

"Poker machine taxes and smoking bans are crippling rugby league clubs, the newspaper states. "

I thought these f-wits don't want Pokies in thier club?

This is just a publicity grab to get the red and green army type off their bums and supporting their club. The whole leagues club thing with no pokies is just part of their strategy. He is being smart in trying to do something rather than just wait for the inevitable.

I was very amused to see Fitzgerald say he couldn't guarantee the Eels' future.  Them going broke would be absolute GOLD!!!!

Matabele link said:
I was very amused to see Fitzgerald say he couldn't guarantee the Eels' future.  Them going broke would be absolute GOLD!!!!

Agreed and if it did then it would really make CliffyGC's day.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8