Overly Aggressive Defense

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Napper

Bencher
Dunno if it's been spoken about on here, but over the past 2 years I've noticed when we play the top teams(dogs especially last year), we've gone out in the first 20 minutes and completely destroyed them in defence. Overly aggressive, every tackle is devastating, as enjoyable as it is to watch, we'd concede a few penalties then end up on the back foot defending our line, knackered, with not much effort in attack which I'm sure is due to the defence in the first 20.

Against the Storm last week, we didn't do that! It was good hard solid tackling, put them on their backs and get on with it and I'm sure that was the difference in performance compared to the other times we've played a top 4 team.

I hope to see a similar defensive performance this week for the first 20 mins. Dominating their pack is key obviously, but as the old saying goes I hope they work smart not too hard.

Exactly Napper. Stupid penalties are a killer. I hope JWH plays as I didn't think too badly about his elbow, and then we will know exactly how good we could be. Poor discipline has been a sad but factual part of the last 2 years so we need to be concentrating in that area. With or without JWH we should give them a real run. I'm confident. I do worry about players coming off a few weeks w/o playing but we should be good enough.

Was thinking the same thing, we give away too many penalties for apparently holding the player down for too long.

Heard Foz interviewed after last weeks win.

He talked about the team focussing on completing the first 7 sets.

It was great to hear because taking care of basics like this builds pressure and we all saw the result.

I don't know about the first 7 sets today, but we only completed 1 of the first 3.

Goals like this are more important in my view than belting the opposition into submission.

Cant agree at all about hoping JWH plays. Roosters record without him is 60% compared to 80% and this is basically a GF. Add Cordner to the mix and they are serious losses for them.Lose Saturday and we have a mountain to climb.We don't win from there.

Holding aloft the cup is what matters and if a suspension helps the cause then great.I dont care about seeing how good we can be.I care solely about beating the roosters and if that means the best prop in the game sits out then great.2011 was a perfect example of circumstances going our way and meeting the Warriors in the GF.We have been on the end of so many bad decisions this year we deserve a break.

No team picks up opposition forwards and drives them back like we do . When we are at our aggresive best no pack has gotten over the top of us. Controlled aggression is the key

Napper said:
Dunno if it's been spoken about on here, but over the past 2 years I've noticed when we play the top teams(dogs especially last year), we've gone out in the first 20 minutes and completely destroyed them in defence. Overly aggressive, every tackle is devastating, as enjoyable as it is to watch, we'd concede a few penalties then end up on the back foot defending our line, knackered, with not much effort in attack which I'm sure is due to the defence in the first 20.

Against the Storm last week, we didn't do that! It was good hard solid tackling, put them on their backs and get on with it and I'm sure that was the difference in performance compared to the other times we've played a top 4 team.

I hope to see a similar defensive performance this week for the first 20 mins. Dominating their pack is key obviously, but as the old saying goes I hope they work smart not too hard.

That sir , was an excellent post .

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7