Outs / Ins / Rumoured

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
It's hard to keep a tally of where we are at, so thought I'd do a summary, and update it as we go:

OUTS
Morgan Harper (ESL)
Kelma Tuilagi (Eels)
Cooper Johns (Unsigned)
Kaeo Weekes (Raiders)
Latu Fainu (Tigers)
Samuela Fainu (Tigers)

RUMOURED OUTS
Zac Fulton (unknown)
Sean Keppie (possibly Tigers)
Ben Condon (unknown)
Karl Lawton (unknown)
Morgan Boyle (unknown)
Aaron Woods (possibly retired)

INS
Tommy Talau (Tigers)
Luke Brooks (Tigers)
Jaxson Paulo (Roosters)
Matt Lodge (Roosters)

RUMOURED INS
Alex Twal (Tigers)

BLACKTOWN SIGNINGS
Aitasi James (Tigers)

It's hard to keep a tally of where we are at, so thought I'd do a summary, and update it as we go:

OUTS
Morgan Harper (ESL)
Kelma Tuilagi (Eels)
Cooper Johns (Unsigned)
Kaeo Weekes (Raiders)
Latu Fainu (Tigers)
Samuela Fainu (Tigers)

RUMOURED OUTS
Zac Fulton (unknown)
Ben Condon (unknown)
Karl Lawton (unknown)

INS
Tommy Talau (Tigers)
Luke Brooks (Tigers)
Jaxson Paulo (Roosters)
Matt Lodge (Roosters)

RUMOURED INS
Alex Twal (Tigers)

BLACKTOWN SIGNINGS
Aitasi James (Tigers)
Gordon and Humphries are they in the top 30 now

Gordon and Humphries are they in the top 30 now

I believe Gordon Chan Kum Tong was a development player in 2023. He's currently signed to the end of 2024. He could definitely be in the top 30 next season. He is presently 21.

Jamie Humphreys has been a development player the past THREE years in fact, but is currently off contract I believe, but not sure. If re-signed, he'd possibly either be a development player or top 30 I reckon. My only footnote to this, is how far away, and what assessment the club have of Beau Alexander (who we recently re-signed for 2 years after being chased HARD by The Chooks).

Footnote: I'd like us to also attain Braith Alexander, Beau's brother, and have them both at Manly.

Thanks for that Ryan - very helpful. A LOT of movement at the station - which IMO can only really be a good thing as we try to bring about more cultural change

One thing is for sure - this club will be LOOKING fundamentally different to start FY24 compared to where we ended FY22

Busy busy busy 18 months

Never heard of Beau Alexander as a signing, only people saying 'hope we get Brandy's son'. Further information appreciated.

Thanks for that Ryan - very helpful. A LOT of movement at the station - which IMO can only really be a good thing as we try to bring about more cultural change

One thing is for sure - this club will be LOOKING fundamentally different to start FY24 compared to where we ended FY22

Busy busy busy 18 months

We'll have two relatively new recruitment officers at Manly:
1. Warren McDonnell - coming from Tigers (Football Ops and Recruitment Mgr) - 2 years
2. Peter Gentle - (coached at Dragons, Broncos, Hull and others) - lot's of contacts, lot's of experience

We've also aligned with a school in QLD, and we are addressing home grown talent more (i.e. local talent).

Big changes, but very exciting. McDonnell got soem pretty darned good players to a wooden spoon level Tigers.

Never heard of Beau Alexander as a signing, only people saying 'hope we get Brandy's son'. Further information appreciated.

Young, a few good years away. Brother is playing at The Chooks. Quite a few clubs heavily after him. Plays halfback / hooker. Here's an article about him prior to signing a 2 year extension with us:

Two NRL clubs are reportedly locked in a tug-of-war to sign Beau Alexander, the son of Penrith Panthers great Greg Alexander.

News Corp is reporting the Manly Sea Eagles and Sydney Roosters are competing against one another to lock down Alexander on a long-term contract.

Alexander, a halfback just like his father, dominated when playing for Manly's U16 development side earlier this season. He continues to play on the weekends for Narraweena in the local Manly rugby league competition.

After being spotted at Roosters headquarters with his agent Braith Anasta, the Roosters are evolving as likely favourites to earn his signature. They also signed his brother Braith Alexander earlier this year.

Signed to a one-year deal, Beau has been used as a halfback and hooker for the Roosters' Jersey Flegg squad.

Weekes not confirmed off yet from what I've seen.

In fact Tuilagi and Harper, whilst done, are not officially confirmed yet either.

Expect all moves to happen though

I believe Gordon Chan Kum Tong was a development player in 2023. He's currently signed to the end of 2024. He could definitely be in the top 30 next season. He is presently 21.

Jamie Humphreys has been a development player the past THREE years in fact, but is currently off contract I believe, but not sure. If re-signed, he'd possibly either be a development player or top 30 I reckon. My only footnote to this, is how far away, and what assessment the club have of Beau Alexander (who we recently re-signed for 2 years after being chased HARD by The Chooks).

Footnote: I'd like us to also attain Braith Alexander, Beau's brother, and have them both at Manly.
Are you saying Mr Humphries is free :p :p :p

OUTS
Morgan Harper (ESL)
Kelma Tuilagi (Eels)
Cooper Johns (Unsigned)
Kaeo Weekes (Raiders)
Latu Fainu (Tigers)
Samuela Fainu (Tigers)

RUMOURED OUTS
Zac Fulton (unknown)
Ben Condon (unknown)
Karl Lawton (unknown)
Morgan Boyle (unknown)

INS
Tommy Talau (Tigers)
Luke Brooks (Tigers)
Jaxson Paulo (Roosters)
Matt Lodge (Roosters)

RUMOURED INS
Alex Twal (Tigers)

BLACKTOWN SIGNINGS
Aitasi James (Tigers)
Thanks Ryan, it's a constantly changing landscape atm..

Young, a few good years away. Brother is playing at The Chooks. Quite a few clubs heavily after him. Plays halfback / hooker. Here's an article about him prior to signing a 2 year extension with us:

Two NRL clubs are reportedly locked in a tug-of-war to sign Beau Alexander, the son of Penrith Panthers great Greg Alexander.

News Corp is reporting the Manly Sea Eagles and Sydney Roosters are competing against one another to lock down Alexander on a long-term contract.

Alexander, a halfback just like his father, dominated when playing for Manly's U16 development side earlier this season. He continues to play on the weekends for Narraweena in the local Manly rugby league competition.

After being spotted at Roosters headquarters with his agent Braith Anasta, the Roosters are evolving as likely favourites to earn his signature. They also signed his brother Braith Alexander earlier this year.

Signed to a one-year deal, Beau has been used as a halfback and hooker for the Roosters' Jersey Flegg squad.
Didnt we get him already for another 2 years. We beat out the rorters for his services, Beau I mean

Manly announced the signing of Aitasi and blacktown haven't, makes me wonder whether he'll be in the top 30.

For me the Manly recruitment strategy seems to be the following

1. Upgrade contracts and re-sign the young top-end talent i.e., extensions for Schu, Haumole, Koula
2. Admit the Shoe isn't a 6 and bring in another playmaker (Brooks)

To fund this under the salary cap, they have then done the following.

3. Let some talented but unproven players walk where their current output does not match the dollars paid. The danger here is we let go of some future stars (Fainus) but overall, the club has put their eggs in the basket of the guys in point 1.

4. Downgrade the talent marginally in roster spots 15 -25 to save money. Too much money tied up in inconsistent and injured guys like Keppie and Lawton Tuilagi etc.
I think the club thinks why should we pay 400-500k for Keppie when I can pay Twal 300k. Do this 3 or 4 times and it adds up.

My two cents.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8