Our Wingers and their try line finishing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rocky

Bencher
I usually only see the Manly game in it's entirety and bits and pieces of the other games each week. However, I watched quite a bit of the Dolphins and Cowboys game last night.

What i saw from their wingers was that they made some of their half chances into tries and were pretty clinical in their finishing ability on the easier stuff. I'm talking about stuff on the try line, not the longer-range attacks.

Compare that to Garrick and CT and I feel like both of these guys often turn easier chances into harder ones. As much as I love Garrick when he gets the ball on the end of an attacking move, I've got my heart in my mouth whether he's actually going to score the try (yes, he has scored a lot of tries the last few years but i can also remember along the way thinkng he should have finished off a few more).

And CT seems to just want to take the contact of the defense before he thinks about putting the ball over the try line. Definitely some tries "bombed" along the way.

Just some observations.

I know what you mean, but the good news is that seibold had them practicing these finishes on high jump mats in the off season, it was in one of the training videos they put up.

I usually only see the Manly game in it's entirety and bits and pieces of the other games each week. However, I watched quite a bit of the Dolphins and Cowboys game last night.

What i saw from their wingers was that they made some of their half chances into tries and were pretty clinical in their finishing ability on the easier stuff. I'm talking about stuff on the try line, not the longer-range attacks.

Compare that to Garrick and CT and I feel like both of these guys often turn easier chances into harder ones. As much as I love Garrick when he gets the ball on the end of an attacking move, I've got my heart in my mouth whether he's actually going to score the try (yes, he has scored a lot of tries the last few years but i can also remember along the way thinkng he should have finished off a few more).

And CT seems to just want to take the contact of the defense before he thinks about putting the ball over the try line. Definitely some tries "bombed" along the way.

Just some observations.
Saab is back and he is significantly better in every aspect than CT

We notice the trys we bomb more because we care more.

If Mulitalo, Cobbo or Addo Carr put a foot in touch or fumble it we forget almost instantly.

Mulitalo had a shocker the other week were he was far to casual and bombed at try.

Garrick got shown up deluxe last week. I don't know if his approach was 'im a complete solid finisher and very very good first grader so I'm going to be Mr 85% every week against this six foot six rocks and diamonds beast and am up against' but the beast was a ****ing pink diamond at 36 carats and blew him away.

You have to stretch out at the corners and you have to play like it's one hundred on every play or you are going to get rained on.

The NRL is now at a level that the NBA was in the nineties. There are origin and two players but the difference between them and a first grader isn't much now, like it was in the older days. Enjoy it. It's the reason the game is closer and wighton and Hines get good coin

Garrick got shown up deluxe last week. I don't know if his approach was 'im a complete solid finisher and very very good first grader so I'm going to be Mr 85% every week against this six foot six rocks and diamonds beast and am up against' but the beast was a ****ing pink diamond at 36 carats and blew him away.

You have to stretch out at the corners and you have to play like it's one hundred on every play or you are going to get rained on.

The NRL is now at a level that the NBA was in the nineties. There are origin and two players but the difference between them and a first grader isn't much now, like it was in the older days. Enjoy it. It's the reason the game is closer and wighton and Hines get good coin
Garrick indeed looks like a NSW Cup player when he doesn't put in 100%.

Can maybe say that about a lot of players as you make the point. But he in particular can have days or moments that he looks so ordinary.

Still love the guy. He offers a lot and glad he is at Manly.

Garrick is relatively safe, but not a Tom status player for mine.
He frustrates me when he turns his back into defenders & then claims they did a crusher tackle
and rubs his neck, when in reality he puts himself in that position each time.
I hoped Seibs would coach that outta him!

Vaega having a decent game today too. Much better carries than any of our first grade wingers
Ray and Christian are our strongest carriers, Garrick & Saab the best try finishers. If Ray could somehow transform himself into a power running centre it might improve his prospects.

Last edited:
Garrick is a strong finisher, he makes the occasional mistake sometimes where he goes low instead of diving high (example 2nd trial game when cooper johns crossfield kicked it to him), very rare though. And Saab is a great finisher so not concerned about that.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2