Our under 20s recruiting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

winnyason

Bencher
We have no doubt dropped the ball the last 2 seasons, is this the funding issue cleal and scumdog where talking about. It is certainly not going to get any easier with 2 new teams to enter comp in a few years. It is certainly a new battleground given teams very rarely poach a nrl level but do it at junior level as it costs less example joey lussick. There are scouts in qld, new all through nz and I think soon many will pop up in png and the Pacific Islands.
Seems things are back on track with our sg ball, the question I have do any of these kids in the 20s play any footy together before hand?

Have to say the appointment of ox on the coaching staff could be a master stoke.

I think its more the talent then the coaching. Manly cant afford to throw big money at gun juniors and are getting outbid by other clubs like the dogs and roosters.

You've also got to look at the ages of the u20's squads.
If you've got an abundance of youngsters alot may go to u20's before they're ready, so you may get thrashed there.
I don't know the squad ages so I may be off the mark here.
Conversely, Foz, Buhrer, JWH, Hoppa etc may be in 1st grade earlier too which creates that void below which needs to be filled by yonger players.
Then you can look at it - is it for development or to win the comp?

Results aren't the only way to determine if your 20s program is doing its job. If blokes who play 20s get the call up for first grade and they perform their jobs then its a tick for me for the 20s.

Been saying for a while to look at the islands.
Here's a few to even think about: West Indies (Jamica specifically - big mobile and fit. I did provide a link to a test between them and the US and most couldn't believe what they played like)
England few good players are coming through for them again
Wales starting to get a few youngsters to come through
France they have one of the best underage teams unfortunately they also get picked apart from union (probably need a second ESL)

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6