Our supposed lack of depth

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
I keep reading in other threads about our lack of depth and to be honest i dont at all understand how people are reaching this conclusion.

The majority of the year we have been missing 3-6 players from our top 17 and we have barely skipped a beat.

I presume people come to this conclusion due to the fact that we are struggling in the 20's and NSW Cup.......Well who cares.

The function of those two leagues are very different.

From the 20's you want 4-6 quality prospects to come around every 3 years. Any more than that and you are developing players for other clubs. Now we had Foran, Cherry Evans, Buhrer and Lussick just come through. If we had another batch like that in the 20's atm then they would be looking elsewhere for a start.
We have it perfect atm, as over the next 2 years Gutherson, Trobjvic (sp?) Chee Kam, Fabian will push through just in time to replace King, Stewart bros etc.

From the nsw cup you want about 6-8 players who can step up and do a job in first grade, with 3 or 4 of those being long term prospects.

Atm we have (at full strength)

Backs
Farrar (cover)
Whare (prospect)
Oldfield (prospect)

Halves
Foran (Cover)

Forwards
Harrison (Cover/prospect?)
Skinners (Cover)
Mauro (Cover)

Not to mention guys who haven't tasted first grade who may (or may not) push for selection in Riccardi, Higgens, Stromguest, Annear and Cunningham

IMO our depth is very strong atm and i refuse to listen to anyone who states anything to the contray :p

I think critics mean that we have a lack of depth if we lose more than 6 top liners for any given game. :D "Our depth has no depth"

I mean how bad would we go if we lost 6 more players in addition to the 6 already out last week :p

Failing that Disco there is always the Parra nursery. They like to hang on to their mediocre juniors.

Or maybe Brett Gimmemorley gets on this site and spews forth under various pseudonyms. He was telling the world we lacked depth earlier this year. So was Matthew Johns.

Phantar said:
Or maybe Brett Gimmemorley gets on this site and spews forth under various pseudonyms. He was telling the world we lacked depth earlier this year. So was Matthew Johns.

Now, there are two ironstines.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4