Our support of Manly...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

madmax

Bencher
Seriously…..some of the bulls!@#t I’ve read lately, not only in here but in the media, about our player signings & Manly fans on twitter so against anything that goes on at the club, has really started to get to me! I honestly feel like giving it away & following another sport. The negativity from supporters has got to the ridiculous stage. Reading some of the negative responses from supporters is discouraging to say the least. Trying to be positive & look forward to 2017 is becoming increasingly difficult. I’m not sure if any player signings will satisfy anyone! I wonder if these pretend supporters go to any games, buy merchandise etc. or are they just big mouths that give our club a bad name. Whatever the club does, whoever the club signs, whoever the club let’s go….it’s not good enough for some. What the hell do we want? Manly could sign Jack Bird & some would still find something to bitch about! I guess the Manly hierarchy are damned if they do & damned if they don’t. Taking into consideration the possible retirements of Stewart & Matai & barring an injury crisis again, is the team we have assembled for next year really that bad?????? I think not……………..

Tom T
A Uate
D Walker
J Wright
J Taufua
B Green
DCE
D Lussick
M Parcell / A Koroisau
N Myles
M Taupau
C Sironen
Jake T

RES:
AFB
S Lane
B Lawrence
K Locke

Seriously…..some of the bulls!@#t I’ve read lately, not only in here but in the media, about our player signings & Manly fans on twitter so against anything that goes on at the club, has really started to get to me! I honestly feel like giving it away & following another sport. The negativity from supporters has got to the ridiculous stage. Reading some of the negative responses from supporters is discouraging to say the least. Trying to be positive & look forward to 2017 is becoming increasingly difficult. I’m not sure if any player signings will satisfy anyone! I wonder if these pretend supporters go to any games, buy merchandise etc. or are they just big mouths that give our club a bad name. Whatever the club does, whoever the club signs, whoever the club let’s go….it’s not good enough for some. What the hell do we want? Manly could sign Jack Bird & some would still find something to bitch about! I guess the Manly hierarchy are damned if they do & damned if they don’t. Taking into consideration the possible retirements of Stewart & Matai & barring an injury crisis again, is the team we have assembled for next year really that bad?????? I think not……………..

Tom T
A Uate
D Walker
J Wright
J Taufua
B Green
DCE
D Lussick
M Parcell / A Koroisau
N Myles
M Taupau
C Sironen
Jake T

RES:
AFB
S Lane
B Lawrence
K Locke
Nice team, I'd go with j Wright out of the side.

1: T Trbojevic
2: J Taufua
3: D Walker
4: ?
5: ?
6: B Green
7: D Cherry-Evans
8: D Lussick
9: A Koroisau
10: N Myles
11: M Taupau
12: C Sironen
13: J Trbojevic

14: L Brown
15: A Fonua-Blake
16: B Lawrence
17: J Hopoate

Tom T
A Uate
D Walker
J Wright
J Taufua
B Green
DCE
D Lussick
M Parcell / A Koroisau
N Myles
M Taupau
C Sironen
Jake T

RES:
AFB
S Lane
B Lawrence
K Locke
Perfectly said, that is a very good team, look where we've come from 2015 with a team almost incapable of making the 8 no matter how well you trained em (mainly cause forwards). With all the retirements/leaving of our legends in recent seasons some people just don't get that we are in an amazing position, Lyon, kite, King, ballin, Glenn Stewart, Watmough and possibly Lyon and Matai!! Some club would win spoon after spoon if that transition happened to them, but not manly

What has changed with Manly for it to get like this?

It is without a doubt the management / ownership. They for all the good they may be doing have taken a club with a small but passionate supporter base and zapped the passion out of it. We used to know our role, to be hated and not to care, to love our rouges and idols the same. With new ownership came a new Manly where the fans have been ever increasingly kept in the dark and fed sh1t. We are just an afterthought at best to the owners. Except for being aggressively harassed for membership fees what communication do we get from the club? How are we included?
We are left to ourselves and a group of passionate people with no direction and leadership must before long start getting stir crazy and in fighting. Our fights on here are because of our similarities not our differences.

There is an easy solution to all of this and it starts with engaging the fans honestly, regularly and appreciatively from the CEO down.

Max, what you've got there is simply a list of names. That gives us absolutely no indication of how that list of names will perform together as a team. And, much like last season, we won't know any more than that until they've actually played at least one game of football together. It might even be wise to wait for, say, the first eight rounds. ;)
We were a long way off the pace last year, so I can't say I'm all that confident, especially given the loss of Lyon, Matai, Buhrer and probably Snake.
But we're all Manly supporters. Some of us see a glass half empty, other see a glass half full. When the owners and the team give us something to cheer about, we'll cheer. Until then, we'll carry on bitching and moaning. It's the internet. What did you expect? Don't let it get you down.

What has changed with Manly for it to get like this?

It is without a doubt the management / ownership. They for all the good they may be doing have taken a club with a small but passionate supporter base and zapped the passion out of it. We used to know our role, to be hated and not to care, to love our rouges and idols the same. With new ownership came a new Manly where the fans have been ever increasingly kept in the dark and fed sh1t. We are just an afterthought at best to the owners. Except for being aggressively harassed for membership fees what communication do we get from the club? How are we included?
We are left to ourselves and a group of passionate people with no direction and leadership must before long start getting stir crazy and in fighting. Our fights on here are because of our similarities not our differences.

There is an easy solution to all of this and it starts with engaging the fans honestly, regularly and appreciatively from the CEO down.

Nailed it buddy, absolutely nailed it.

I'm no less a Manly fan than I have been for 53 years BUT for the first time I feel " disconnected" , and I'm guessing most on here would feel the same.

I don't agree at all.
There was massive positive comments on signings like Kapow , Myles, Walker & Brown and supporters have a right to say 2 went well- 2 were crap.
The fact 3 of the most important Manly players are gone or on last legs is also fair game to comment on.
Personally feel that with all the injuries in 2016 the team was unfairly judged and so was Barrett , who was overly repetitive and made a few odd team lineup calls, but any coach would have done it tough.... This is not to say he is a great coach, simply has had no opportunity.
To me this forum deserves honesty and I don't see any fan on here not being passionate...including many times they are different to mine...so what???
Here's my scoop for 2017 which will get many dislikes ect...Manly with a good injury free run will challenge in the 8 100%....there is another 2 players to come & more to go & Meehan, Lane & young Hopoate to exceed expectation with Green adding the stability missing in 2016.

Max, what you've got there is simply a list of names. That gives us absolutely no indication of how that list of names will perform together as a team. And, much like last season, we won't know any more than that until they've actually played at least one game of football together. It might even be wise to wait for, say, the first eight rounds. ;)
We were a long way off the pace last year, so I can't say I'm all that confident, especially given the loss of Lyon, Matai, Buhrer and probably Snake.
But we're all Manly supporters. Some of us see a glass half empty, other see a glass half full. When the owners and the team give us something to cheer about, we'll cheer. Until then, we'll carry on bitching and moaning. It's the internet. What did you expect? Don't let it get you down.
My exact point Ron..........Yes it's just a list of names but we could have names like J Bird, Gillett, Matagi, Tamou etc. & it's still just a list of names. We've already decided that the team is useless without affording them a chance to show what they're capable of. It's why I'm losing interest.

It's not directionless, blind whinging around recruitment and retention, madmax. There are rules that the club has a duty to follow that they are in massive breach of. And they flaunt it in our faces.

- Never sh1t on club legends for personal reasons.
- Never sack budding club legends
- Give local juniors the rub of the green. If a strongly performing junior gets the ar$e, it had better be for the bloke who'll win his positional Dally M award.
- Promote from within whenever possible
- Build the team around a core of players who've always been at the club. Outsiders are trimmings, not foundations.
- The club has an identity. Use it. Don't try to create your own.

If they don't make an attempt to run the club in that way, then they are right to be bagged out for it.
It's about time the rich realised that when they buy into something they are buying a responsibility, not a right.
They don't have the right to do as they wish. They have the responsibility to do as we wish.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8