Our greatest back row stars

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I saw this by C & C in the Milestones topic and it does make me wonder.

Chip and Chase said:
Gifty cracks the 150 mark tonight against Cowboys. Hope the boys get a win to help him celebrate.

One of our best and most consistent players over the last 5 years and undoubtedly a key to our success. Would make a best ever Manly side IMO, which is no mean feat given the quality of backrowers in our great history.

Well done, long may it continue into the 200 club.

We have an incredibly rich history of players but maybe more so in the backrow than any other position.

Some of the club's best backrowers, not in any particular order…

Terry Randall
Mal Reilly
Steve Menzies
Noel Cleal
Glen Stewart
Anthony Watmough
Nick Kosef
Paul Vautin
Daniel Gartner

And that's not even going back further, apparently players like Ken Day and Pogo Morgan were stars before we won our first comp. No doubt there's others I've forgotten, too.

Certainly current blokes like Gift are building a very strong record – 3 grand finals, 2 premierships, Australia and NSW rep, Clive Churchill medallist – and he's not even finished yet.

I saw this by C & C in the Milestones topic and it does make me wonder.

Chip and Chase said:
Gifty cracks the 150 mark tonight against Cowboys. Hope the boys get a win to help him celebrate.

One of our best and most consistent players over the last 5 years and undoubtedly a key to our success. Would make a best ever Manly side IMO, which is no mean feat given the quality of backrowers in our great history.

Well done, long may it continue into the 200 club.

We have an incredibly rich history of players but maybe more so in the backrow than any other position.

Some of the club's best backrowers, not in any particular order…

Terry Randall
Mal Reilly
Steve Menzies
Noel Cleal
Glen Stewart
Anthony Watmough
Nick Kosef
Paul Vautin
Daniel Gartner

And that's not even going back further, apparently players like Ken Day and Pogo Morgan were stars before we won our first comp. No doubt there's others I've forgotten, too.

Certainly current blokes like Gift are building a very strong record – 3 grand finals, 2 premierships, Australia and NSW rep, Clive Churchill medallist – and he's not even finished yet.

BK would make the above list

Some of the others that may not be in the running for the best ever title but always gave their all for Manly

Phil Lowe
Goldie Walker
Les Boyd
Glowhead Ryan
Rambo Gibbs
Jughead Jones
OJ Cunningham
Glen Hall

BK would make the above list

Some of the others that may not be in the running for the best ever title but always gave their all for Manly

Phil Lowe
Goldie Walker
Les Boyd
Glowhead Ryan
Rambo Gibbs
Jughead Jones
OJ Cunningham
Glen Hall

I have to admit Terry Randall would be my favourite - just. Don't forget Bill Bradstreet from the 60's. Was a pretty handy lock forward.

I have to admit Terry Randall would be my favourite - just. Don't forget Bill Bradstreet from the 60's. Was a pretty handy lock forward.

My favourite from the old days was Norm Pounder. Not sure if he was much good but I really loved his name.

My favourite from the old days was Norm Pounder. Not sure if he was much good but I really loved his name.

Ian Martin was one of my favorites. Outstanding tackler and a real workhorse.

Ian Martin was one of my favorites. Outstanding tackler and a real workhorse.

i got 20 bucks on choc and gift for 1st try scorer for tonights match
hope this thread is a good omen

i got 20 bucks on choc and gift for 1st try scorer for tonights match
hope this thread is a good omen

I think the Moose must get a mention....I never saw him play but from all reports, there were few tougher than Rex.

And while we're on tough.......Ian Roberts. Just ask Gary Jack.

I think the Moose must get a mention....I never saw him play but from all reports, there were few tougher than Rex.

And while we're on tough.......Ian Roberts. Just ask Gary Jack.

Always thought Daniel Gartner was underrated. He finished out his career in the UK because he didn't want to play against Manly and was very successful over there, too. But, as always, it's hard to go past Beaver in his prime.

Always thought Daniel Gartner was underrated. He finished out his career in the UK because he didn't want to play against Manly and was very successful over there, too. But, as always, it's hard to go past Beaver in his prime.

Igor is my favourite, just ahead of Mal Reilly and Beaver.

Kosef could have been anything, but got cruelled by injury

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6