Our Flegg Coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
Wasn't Tezza expected to coach JF?

Tezza's on the crest of a new wave
STEVE MAHER
10mar06

FORMER Manly rugby league international Terry Hill, who will play rugby union with the Central Coast Waves this year has denied he's made the move as part of an elaborate publicity stunt.

Hill will play in the centres against the big guns of Sydney rugby in the Shute Shield competition, which starts next month.

He insists his switch to union after 16 seasons in the NRL is genuine, declaring: ``I've played for Australia, NSW and more than 10 years in the NRL and I don't like losing.

``This is no joke. From what I've seen in the sessions I've been at, the team won't be easybeats, it's a very professional set-up.

``I'm a winner and I would never risk embarrassing myself or my family. I played a lot of rugby early in my career and the boys have been helping me out a lot at training.''

Hill was asked to play by Wallaby legend and Waves marketing manager Mark Ella and a deal was put together with the help of the Waves' sponsors.

The 34-year-old has been to several training sessions with the Waves and is desperate to get on the park.

Hill, who played 18 NRL matches for Manly last year, is prepared to be the target of rival players in the Shute Shield.

``Bring it on, I've been around long enough to look after myself,'' he said.

``We've got some pretty big boys in the team so I'll be fine. I'm just looking forward to getting out there and having a go. It'll be different but a lot of fun.''

Waves coach Tony Brosnan has been impressed by Hill at training.

``I've got no doubt he'll handle it,'' Brosnan said.

``Terry is a class athlete who has been around a long time playing at the highest level in league. He'll adjust to union quickly. His defence out wide will be very important for us and when he gets the ball he'll take a lot of stopping.

``It's exciting for the club to have him on board.''

NO he was never on our coaching staff. Our flegg coach is our last years SG Ball coach - Sandercock or something like that

Oh so Ryan and Matabele were wrong having a go at Tezza at Gosford stadium during the Flegg game for not paying attention. :)

Oh so Ryan and Matabele were wrong having a go at Tezza at Gosford stadium during the Flegg game for not paying attention. :)

Wouldnt be the first time for those 2 :lol:

I think you will find he is a consultant and does some work with the lads but he is not the main man. No reason why he shouldn't play a bit of Rugby!!!

Maybe his consulting position with the club is teaching the quiet guys to have a bucket mouth..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6