Our Destiny, our Day, our Premiership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
At that start of the year not one expert of the game gave this side a chance, and need I remind you all that very few of you did either (you only have to look at the predictions thread to see that).

After game 1 the predictions were even more dire, some were even saying we'd be wooden spooners for the first ever time.

But as the year has progressed we have become more confident (as a supporter group) and the team themselves certainly gained more confidence.

I can't really pick a "turning" point when I thought we could win this thing, but I can pick some turning points.

The come from behind games to win on the death (and there were a few).

That incredible display against the Storm in Round 25 when we finally put our stamp on the comp and said " we take **** from no one and catch us if you can".

And then the gallant performance against a full strength Brisbane Bronco's outfit with so many players out a week later in Round 26.

I think I posted after Round 26 that I have never felt so proud to be a Manly Supporter (and I meant it), with 52000 Bronco's fans in house for his "last game" at Suncorp we very nearly got them...and with a bits and pieces team.

Like 2008 (and 2007) we have progressed through the finals easily, some might say too easy but I don't agree for me it just shows that we are a class above the rest.

Being a little older than many on here I have been through many highs, and many lows, my very first Grand Final was 1978 and I haven't missed one since....so that means I celebrated in 78/87/96/08 and felt gutted in 82/83/95/97/07.

But regardless those years gave me a great deal of pleasure as a fan, as does / has this one, win, lose or draw!!

And so our "date with destiny approaches".

The simple reason why I reckon we'll all be celebrating again in 2011 is that this year we don't have a team of Champions, we have a Champion Team.

Their committment to each other speaks volumes.

It showed in the comebacks.
It showed in Round 25, when no one was going to take a backwards step
And it showed in spades in Round 26 when against all odds we came so close.

Sunday the 2nd of October 2011 is,

OUR DAY
OUR DESTINY
OUR PREMIERSHIP

i was at the manly broncos game at suncorp ( both games this year but in particular rd 26)
i was sat above the tunnel where the players came out surrounded my bronco supporters, my partner had to sit seperate but same area
the bronco idiots were relentless.. "why is a manly fan here?" etc
every single tackle we did they were yelling get off him? why isnt the ref giving us a penalty??? for a normal tackle??? meh
but the 2nd half come back...half out starting players out and they had a full strength squad..wow i was impressed
heard the whole time from broncos idiots "we are going to win the premiership this year!"

nah ...i knew, if we can almost win at suncorp against a full strength team when all our playmakers were out...that was a great sign

Well said. My only fear is that the last time I was this confident in a Grand Final was in 1997 against the Knights. I am usually equal parts nervous/excited on Grand Final day's ...this time its 95 % excitement . Not trying to be over confident but I just see our team as far superior to theirs.

Well said Mark. There's always quality opposition in a Grand Final and thats the way it should be.

However this Manly team is something VERY special!!!

Go Manly!!!!

Never doubted this year Mark, My signature says it all "look down" ;) It has been there since the end of the GF last year.

If it hadn't been for the drama's of 09 I am certain they would have gone back to back.

Let the dynasty begin.

I won't be doing too many more posts until after Grand Final day, unlike many of you I can't be bothered with a "Smart Phone", and who wants to carry around a Lap Top to watch what people say on ST.

Thanks for the comments, and I share your concerns Indian, I thought we were the really dominant side in 95/96/97 and to come away with only one win in that time was dissapointing.

I know they say you have to ''lose one to win one" well neither side were in last years GF so that counts that out.

I don't want to be over confident but I just feel it's our destiny, every bone in my body is telling me this and a lot of water has passed under my particular bridge and I rarely (in recent times) get a grand Final winner wrong.

I went to the 2007 Final but never thought we were a great chance of winning, so actually walked away proud that we'd been there but not shattered.

I went to 2008 thinking we couldn't lose, especially with no Cameron Smith.

I am going to this one confident that across the park we are better, we have the best coach, we have a LOT of big game experience.

The planets ARE aligned!!

i wish i was so confident
not cause i think we are going to lose
just i get so nervous, have been all week,, i keep thinking if i get too confident ill jinx it
it will be the sweetest win i can remember if we do, after all the abuse from brisbane idiots

angryassdrummer said:
i wish i was so confident
not cause i think we are going to lose
just i get so nervous, have been all week,, i keep thinking if i get too confident ill jinx it
it will be the sweetest win i can remember if we do, after all the abuse from brisbane idiots
Dont be nervous feathered friend , We come in as favourites for this game because we are the better team and if we are on our game and play to the best of our ability we will win .

i remember reading the news stating that we were as about as good as 10th, with a handful saying we were going to be 8th.

GO MANLY

All week, I've copped a fair amount of flak (good natured) from the crew at work- I'm the ONLY Manly supporter there....

Universally they think that the Warriors will turn up with 80 minutes of the same footy they bought to the last 40 against the Storm.

All week I've simply shrugged, smiled, and told them if they bring that, we can match it... And then some.

Like every_single_Grand_Final..... I'm nervous, but confidant. Manly playing to their potential will OWN this trophy.

Good Luck boys, making it has made us proud, winning it is the icing.

GO MANLY!!!!

Fabulous and totally on the money post Mark from Brisbane.
I always respect your posts, big time.
And this time I feel you're right.
We are better, way better than them in all depts.
And the team does play for each other, it's so obvious to see.
Des will have the boys primed to within an inch of their lives.
Its time.

bazeagle said:
Des will have the boys primed to within an inch of their lives.

I'm sure that must be a good thing :)

And I agree with you on this, it's time! I have never felt so relaxed and confident leading in to a GF and I've cheered Manly through more than I really want to remember, lol.

I will be watching it in port douglas north QLD.

Fair dinkum the place has more kiwis than dee why :)

I think mine will be the lone manly jersey!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6