Our Centre Dilemma - or is it ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Finals perspective

Beat a Rooster side with 9 players out
Comprehensively beaten by the Storm
Comprehensively beaten by the rabbits
Penrith ... say no more
This is very true. If you look at the gameplan on how these teams beat Manly it was essentially to keep Tom as quiet as possible via a second rower tasked to target him in tackles, then put pressure on our edges, notably Tubbs/Saab side. Also sending as much traffic at DCE as possible. I woukd like to know his tackle number in these games

Lol.
Grand final winning sides have star players across the park.

In other breaking news, water is wet.

Someone let Des know, he just needs to sign more star players.

chefs kiss.

I woukd like to know his tackle number in these games
Have a look here

Also here, but maybe identical stat sets

Lol.
Grand final winning sides have star players across the park.

In other breaking news, water is wet.
More breaking news to pour on the wet water.
Momirovski, Sorrensen, Nicholls and Host are not considered "Stars" to everyone.

More breaking news to pour on the wet water.
Momirovski, Sorrensen, Nicholls and Host are not considered "Stars" to everyone.

I'm with you.

Let's just throw the salary cap out the window, and just sign 17 internationals.

It's simple.

We can have one of Parker and Harper in the team, but not both.

We know what Parkers ceiling is. There is more potential upside in Harper and this year we will find out how high that is.

We can win a premiership with Harper & Parker as our centres.

If our forwards do their jobs, the backs can do theirs.

I dont subscribe to this "if we win it's because the opposition didn't contain Turbo, if we lose it's because our centres aren't good enough" mentality.

To win a GF the whole team has to be playing to their best ability.

I'm with you.

Let's just throw the salary cap out the window, and just sign 17 internationals.

It's simple.
We not the Chooks mate....@:smirk:

I realise we need a mix of lower capped players and lets be realistic, after DCE and Turbo Broz...add Marty and a decent chunk of $$$ is gone before we start.

Personally see plenty of valid points so far and though I reckon if we improve the engine room 20% in big games, these 2 may just be enough to get it done....though if Koula gets an opportunity and burst onto the scene in 2022 would be damn exciting, but until proven at NRL level, it's all based on the hope of a speedy youngster with plenty of potential...

We have seen where those centres were able to take us this year
Unfortunately Bozo true. Took us nowhere near the top 3 when it mattered. I personally don't believe we can make a Grand Final with those 2 at centre together. We need 2 quality centres who can tackle and read the play. Hank is a great back up, but can also do a job when needed.

Witnessing Garrick have a break out year bigger than his debut season,
I think Harper might ‘train the house down’ in the off season and add some muscle while maintaining speed.
The reason he edges toward a better centre than hank for me is his service to Saab.
He’s often been applauded for his smart defensive reads (minus some shockers towards the end)
But not many centres know that many creative ways to feed their winger good early ball and well timed service.
I feel like a ‘better’ centre tries to dummy about half the passes that sent Saab streaking down the field or diving for the corner.
A centre like Suli never would of assisted that many tries.
Oh.. and morale..
Harpers morale and team vibe seems to be a big aspect to the closeness of this team. Hanks is a local junior but Harper seems to have a real bond with everyone.

In conclusion: if Des were to upgrade a centre or give Koula or tippy toes a run, I’d hope to see Harper keep his spot

i am not saying we are blessed with strike centres but there effectiveness is based more on opportunities that skills

it seems strange that we set records with our wingers and fullback scoring but our centres were passengers or onlookers .

why, tom and DCE

as tom is the main playmaker he chimes in out a bit wider more often than not. this leaves our centres inside the play as tom has injected himself from behind them instead of a traditional half that would be in front of the centre

our right hand side has been a mess for years while dce fan club stick it to sirro as the problem but when we rearrange the deck chairs we get the same result. yes sirro has some habits but handing a ball of to sirro when you have options outside was always a choice

we had the same issue with brian kelly, then suli

foran does bring parker onto the ball but again forans opportunities are limited. this has also impacted schuster

our fullback centred game robs players inside of where he bobs up of opportunities

all centres need early ball to create and we saw how suli went outside of foran instead of outside cherry where he caught a cold for 2 years. yes he had some issues also.

the question isnt do we need strike centres, rather would we use them if we had them. As our attack structure is skewed to a different direction around the 1 instead of the 7

too often cherry gets the ball dummies, swerves , inside outs, pauses until he gets cornered and delivers a poor pass. this stifles the backrower who wants to run on to the ball and takes the centre out of the game as they are all standing next to each other with no momentum when a ball is finally swung there way

no doubt there are moments when a champion centre would help but put the coin elsewhere as the manly centres only perform part roles in the game mainly around defence

am i wrong

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8