Other Games [Round 12, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Below are my reasons for not doing this post before the round kicked off:

Thank you.

Thursday, May 18
Broncos v Panthers, Suncorp Stadium, Nine/Fox, 7:50pm

Friday, May 19
Dragons v Roosters, Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Fox, 6pm
Rabbitohs v Eels, TBD, Nine/Fox, 8pm

Saturday, May 20
Sharks v Knights, Coffs International Stadium, Fox, 3pm
Tigers v Cowboys, Leichhardt Oval, Fox, 5:30pm
Dolphins v Storm, Suncorp Stadium, Fox, 7:35pm

Sunday, May 21
Bulldogs v Titans, Stadium Australia, Fox, 2pm
Raiders v Sea Eagles, GIO Stadium, Nine/Fox, 4:05pm

I read this morning that the on field ref told the bunker to check on something further after the bunker said it was fine.

Walsh, jumping up and taking out a player and not contesting the ball.

Amazing how the ref would do such a big call:

1) for the Panthers, and
2) After it happened twice against Manly in last week's game.

I read this morning that the on field ref told the bunker to check on something further after the bunker said it was fine.

1) for the Panthers, and
Just in time for Sutton to wrest back control over the bunker when he referees our game this weekend

Thought seeing the look on a demoted C Sutton’s face (the linesman) was gold when Luai gave him a get out of the road shove in the back, funny how quick Luai was to cool it down, sorry sorry bra….

Ashley Klein and Gee certainly not up for a game like last night. They had no idea between them. Klein changed his mind on the Broncos try to Walsh, only after Gee questioned him. If Gee had blown it as a try, Klein would of let it stand.

1) for the Panthers, and
I was happy to see that interaction between the two officials. It became clear Klein missed it and Gee was probably watching on the screen. Gee exclaimed it didn't look right and asked Klein to look at it again. That's common sense and I'd be happy to see officials do this regularly. As long as it doesn't become one official bullying another, but just some common sense when the bunker misses something (which we know happens). The correct call was made in the end.

As Tragic mentioned, the initially missed knock on was a bit disconcerting, but I'm guessing Gee was perhaps out of position and thought it was an attempted offload. I mean, even the commentators didn't really pick it up at first. Again, the right decision was made in the end.

The knock that occurred in the lead up to the Broncos disallowed try was obvious. How it missed for so long is alarming.
On this one i can't agree. The tackler's head knocked the ball clean out and it went behind the ball carrier. It was not a knock on by the Broncos. A loose carry isn't a knock on if the ball goes backwards.

The first Penrith try has been ruled a double movement for 100 years.

The Gee reversal of the bunker call of 'no try' was wrong. All Walsh did was jump in the air where he thought the ball was coming down and then turn around to face it to try to catch the ball. That he got to that space before the Penrith player and blocked his path isn't his fault. This looking into player's eyes business belongs in Carry Grant movies and not footy.

And the one where Walsh stripped the ball from a Penrith player over the try line and got penalised for it? wtf? Some crazy explanation was given about yep he is in the ingoal, but the ball wasn't close to the ground. So where does the rule have distance in it? Is it 50mm or 500mm or 2000mm? fmd

No doubt the NRL on Monday all of the calls were in the end correct.

I'm not fan of the Broncos, but if Manly had some of those decisions given last night, I'd be ropeable.

On this one i can't agree. The tackler's head knocked the ball clean out and it went behind the ball carrier. It was not a knock on by the Broncos. A loose carry isn't a knock on if the ball goes backwards.

The first Penrith try has been ruled a double movement for 100 years.

The Gee reversal of the bunker call of 'no try' was wrong. All Walsh did was jump in the air where he thought the ball was coming down and then turn around to face it to try to catch the ball. That he got to that space before the Penrith player and blocked his path isn't his fault. This looking into player's eyes business belongs in Carry Grant movies and not footy.

And the one where Walsh stripped the ball from a Penrith player over the try line and got penalised for it? wtf? Some crazy explanation was given about yep he is in the ingoal, but the ball wasn't close to the ground. So where does the rule have distance in it? Is it 50mm or 500mm or 2000mm? fmd

No doubt the NRL on Monday all of the calls were in the end correct.

I'm not fan of the Broncos, but if Manly had some of those decisions given last night, I'd be ropeable.
Sorry Brizzy, but I'm seeing a whole bunch of anti-Penrith agenda in this post. Sure, we all like to ride certain opposition teams, but as a neutral last night, I didn't see favourable officiating for the pennies. Yes, there were some contentious calls, but nothing I saw favoured one team over the other.

That knock-on was a loose carry everyday of the week, given the tackler wasn't intentionally playing at the ball.

Walsh clearly jumped into the player with eyes only for the player before turning after the fact back towards the ball. Clear penalty.

The RW strip over the line was also a correct call, IMO. Granted it was something unusual and I haven't seen before, but Yeo was not making any attempt to score. He had accepted the tackle, even though he was held up on the line. If he was dropping and looking to put the ball down, I would agree... but he clearly wasn't, so I had no problem with that call.

Last edited:
Sorry Brizzy, but I'm seeing a whole bunch of anti-Penrith agenda in this post. Sure, we all like to ride certain opposition teams, but as a neutral last night, I didn't see favourable officiating for the pennies. Yes, there were some contentious calls, but nothing I saw favoured one team over the other.

That knock-on was a loose carry everyday of the week, given the tackler wasn't intentionally playing at the ball.

Walsh clearly jumped into the player with eyes only for the player before turning after the fact back towards the ball. Clear penalty.

The RW strip over the line was also a correct call, IMO. Granted it was something unusual and I haven't seen before, but Yeo was not making any attempt to score. He had accepted the tackle, even though he was held up on the line. If he was dropping and looking to put the ball down, I would agree... but he clearly wasn't, so I had no problem with that call.
What did you think of the Panthers disallowed try on the pick up and put down for a try. The Ref ruled it a knock on, but it was clear it was gathered up in one motion with his hands still on the ball, with no knock on evident. Fatty was going of on this as did the other commentator. Again, another Bunker fail, why wasn't this seen and reported to the Ref ?. We can't have this bs happening come semi's time.

What did you think of the Panthers disallowed try on the pick up and put down for a try. The Ref ruled it a knock on, but it was clear it was gathered up in one motion with his hands still on the ball, with no knock on evident. Fatty was going of on this as did the other commentator. Again, another Bunker fail, why wasn't this seen and reported to the Ref ?. We can't have this bs happening come semi's time.
If you are referring to the Sorensen try, I also thought it was a try and bad call from the bunker.

Watching last nights match between the Broncos and Penrith clearly showed Manly is light years away from being a good team.
Both teams showed structure, speed, desperation and teamwork in defence for the majority of the 80 minutes.

We can barely do this for 10 minutes.

Why??

Are we not coached correctly?
Does every player know what their role is?
Are we fit?

Panthers star Jarome Luai was involved in a controversial moment on Thursday night after appearing to make contact with a touchline referee.

But the Penrith five-eighth won’t face any time on the sidelines because of it after Luai was charged with contrary conduct on Friday, facing only a $1,800 fine for the incident.

I am with you feathered friend
There will always be some contentious calls on and off the field in life
and fortune will favour the Resilient ones

At the end of each of our challenging day that is bound to surely come our way
Lady luck will smile with the Winners
Because the Winners will be the ones that make their own luck by never giving up and never giving in and contentiously compete. like our Premiership Winning Sea eagles the Benchmark of all Brilliance and Resilience

I challenge all of my feathered friends today
to dare and rise above every setback that comes our way and Prevail
We will Prevail !!!
40 - 0 | Nrl, Rugby league, Manly

Last edited:
Panthers star Jarome Luai was involved in a controversial moment on Thursday night after appearing to make contact with a touchline referee.

But the Penrith five-eighth won’t face any time on the sidelines because of it after Luai was charged with contrary conduct on Friday, facing only a $1,800 fine for the incident.
Thanks @globaleagle

This news is a great outcome for the NSW Blues Team

The Bad News is that the Mighty Maroons will still Maul them as usual

QUEENSLADER !!!
QUEENSLADER !!!
QUEENSLADER !!!

Queensland secure famous State of Origin triumph with game three win ...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4