Origin - Your Thoughts?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

What do we do with State of Origin?

• Leave it as it is

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Stand Alone Series - End of NRL Season

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • Stand Alone Series - Mid Season

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • Scrap State of Origin all together

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • Other (Discuss)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
The Origin post season sucked.

• Mid season
  • 3 consecutive Wednesdays
  • Split rounds the round before and the round after
  • On the two weekends with no NRL, NZvGB, Pasifika tests and womens Origin

Whan bam thankyou ma'am, with the cost 3 weeks mid season without your team. Which I'm fine with, just shortens the off season.

manly al

First Grader
To much of a cash cow and a high profile showcase for any sporting code and not to continue in its present form .
Not a bad gig for selected players as well for an additional 30 grand or so per match and if they can avoid any serious injuries

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
The Incompetent Excuses Perspective ...

Our past dominating premiership winning teams had a plethora of stars play rep and origin and prevailed each time
No difference to this time
If your good enough you win

The panthers have overcome the long seasons and rep and state of Origin seasons and their teams ripped apart losing game breaking stars like Crichton , Burton , Kikau , Api and have played in 4 successive grand finals and winning three in a row
The moral of the story
If your good enough you dont make excuses .
If your good enough you come up with solutions and Win

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
My interest in SOO really is at an all time low.
Speak for your self NSW Bluey
I can understand why your SOO interest is at an all time low
This is because your a NSW supporter and you are sick and tried of NSW promising so much with their galaxy of stars only to be taken to the gallows by the superior Maroons

The moral of the story
Winning Inspires interest
and Losing demoralizes and disheartens interest

The Inspirational Winning Maroon Legacy
The Maroon DNA Passionate Burning Desire to Win

1716866740953.png

WiseyEagle

Reserve Grader
SOO sucks, it really is past its use by date and Channel 9 makes people sick with all the non-existent hype that they generate. Although on saying that, I am really proud for Jake to be captain. Arrrrr me hearties, it's Captain Jake! Yo ho ho and a bottom of rum!

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
I enjoy it as a spectacle but compared to my interest in Manly it's not a blip on the radar. Couldn't tell you who won SOO in 2008 but can recall the Manly finals games try for try and the GF just about play for play.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It's almost 11pm here and I was about to post "I wonder who Qld will pretend is sick/injured this time around.

Every....single...year...

Every...single...origin...

Nek minute....

The news comes amid the Maroons’ own pre-Origin scare, with gun hooker Harry Grant absent from training due to illness.

That is according to AAP, who are reporting No.9 Ben Hunt trained on his own at Red Hill on Tuesday.

I mean journos, you are actually allowed to 'adult'.

EagleGT

Reserve Grader
It's almost 11pm here and I was about to post "I wonder who Qld will pretend is sick/injured this time around.

Every....single...year...

Every...single...origin...

Nek minute....

The news comes amid the Maroons’ own pre-Origin scare, with gun hooker Harry Grant absent from training due to illness.

That is according to AAP, who are reporting No.9 Ben Hunt trained on his own at Red Hill on Tuesday.

I mean journos, you are actually allowed to 'adult'.
Then there's this bit:

"Haas will start up front for New South Wales, spearheading a pack that features workhorse Tom Trbojevic, who’s been handed captaincy duties, and debutant Cam McInnes."

LOL

Under the Sticks

The spirit of Mooney 🦅
Premium Member
Then there's this bit:

"Haas will start up front for New South Wales, spearheading a pack that features workhorse Tom Trbojevic, who’s been handed captaincy duties, and debutant Cam McInnes."

LOL
Jakey will be p’ssed with young brother. I did see that guy at the A League GF invade the field on a leg injury trolley so maybe Trbo has ideas.

Go manly

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I am still a bit uncertain with Jake captaincy

Undeniably leads from the front in work load passion and inspiration and every player will be moved to support and follow

My concern is , will the decision making on the run and discussions with the referee on decisions detract from his ability to play the role he was chosen for
He us arguably the best heads down work horse forward in the comp

I hope he doesn’t try too hard to be the orchestra conductor and detract from his strengths

Go manly says
Go manly

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18