Origin Wrap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Good game of footy and it was interesting to see the contrasting styles. NSW had so much more direction due to great kicking and the variation of the halves. (How important are a good 6 and 7 in driving the team around and directing the attack.) anb excellent platform was laid by the forwards.

Credit to QLD for their guts and determination - though once they got behind and the lumbering men tired it was tough work for them. Their ability to counter attack and punish mistakes was great. Lockyer is a genius and also drove his team with skill and precision. (Where can Manly get a quality half to do the same for us?????)

NSW outside backs were great once the platform was established and Berrigan , Bowman, Sing and Williams were hardly sighted all night, though none did nothing wrong. Weight of territory and field position won the game ultimately.

Turning point was the 40-20 kick from Johns that got NSW back in the lead.

Johns was outstanding but Kennedy and Anasta played well as did Minichiello and Ryles in particular. The defence of all players was great. Matt King deserves special mention for doing many classy and desperate things in the first 20 in particular.

QLD defended well, Thurston tried hard, Lockyer was everywhere in attack and their quick play the balls helped them to get on a run at times. Thorn was solid as were Crocker and Flannery. Ultimately the NSW pack got on top and set the scene for the pacey men out wide to cut the QLDers to shreds.

Sets up the series for a Grandstand finish.

Sorry Sea Eagles but we will be playing the Tigers at Leichhardt without BK and Beaver and my tip is the NSW side will be unchanged.

Adam Brown vs Norths as Brookie in 1999 was very impressive. That's the only one I can think of.

No seriously the bloke is a machine.

Good write-up CW. A few grammatical errors, but good none the less.

The head is a bit fuzzy - but I REALLY ENJOYED THAT! Thanks to byso for his "Johns went through Qld like agent orange" comment. Gold! Yes, it is once again good to know that the banjos on the front porch have been silenced for 3 weeks.

I thought matt king was awsome.

It shows how having quality players around you can lift your game. Johns hasnt shown too much form but that showed the difference between him and lockyer. It had to be one of the best games by a half ever.

I thought queenslands backrow were fairly ordinary - tackled a lot but really didnt offer enough in attack.

Simpson played 1000 times better and ryan improved his game a lot.

Minechello rode the roller coaster again with some great attack and defence but some awful errors.

I wish we could have got Matt King to Manly - he was great.

Good right up CW

One of the highlights of the game for me was when QLD were on their own line and Matt King rushed up out of the line and absolutely smashed Williams (I think). That tackle was awesome.

It was abell ringer alright. I think it will make a few of the highlight packages over the coming years.

One of the highlights of the game for me was when QLD were on their own line and Matt King rushed up out of the line and absolutely smashed Williams (I think). That tackle was awesome.

Obvioulsy has been watching the Eagles wingers defend!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

From SMH - Johns in dressing after the game

Drained after the match and with a chunk of ice strapped to his knee, Johns was buzzing but circumspect

Thought Anasta was deadset ordinary actually. He didn't have to do much because Joey was all over it but I can't see how after the belting our halves cop on this site you can praise Anasta.
This weekends game should be a corker because the best six players out there were King along with the Manly & Newy boys.

except that run and ball that he threw to set up menzies try

pretty sure it went to anasta unless I was thinking a different try, could have been the counts secons........ thats what beer does to you!

wing set up beavers try, anasta did what he needed to do, johns was on fire and he let him run with it. Did what was best for the team.

yeah but he didnt do "nothing" (sic). He did good 5/8 work and supported Johns in the halves perfectly.
No doubt Johns was the star though

I though Anasta was good. He did nothing flashy but do try to do anything flashy would have been ridiculous with how well Johns was playing.

He was solid, passed well, didnt make mistakes. Exactly what your second playmaker should do. One flashy one solid is what you want.

Anasta was very good. He set up Minichello's second with a great offload, and played a great supporting role for Johns.

good to see I wasnt just pissed and was watching the same game as others

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4