Origin rigged??? Well its obvious now

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Origin rigged??? Wel its obvious now

I dont think he kicked it either. Looks to me he was coming across to try make the tackle farrah needed to use his legs to run across there, he cant just make them dissapear

Plus isnt the rule when you are across the stripe you can make a play at the ball and if it is lost then it just goes down as a lose carry ? Farrah did not deliberately kick the ball and inglis has tried to ground the footy and lost it... knock on simple as that, in my book.

Not at all DSM - just the way I saw it I guess. He certainly didn't bring his leg back and swing at it

I Just hope thet don't make too many changes apart from being a fantastic side individually, the fact that Queensland have such a stable combination is a major factor. The NSW backline had players from 7 different clubs.

The ref's should be told that Queensland are a very good side and don't need a leg up from you pack of pricks before each game.

SO ridiculousness, Jennings gets sent off and no one else does = try scored off the back of this. Then bird gets a dangerous tackle charge = try scored in the next set. Then the GI try speaks for itself.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Well that does me.....let's face it Queensland would have won anyway 12-10 BUT that f***ed up decision by a bunch of B grade refs just about says it all.

Maybe they would have won 12-10 mark. But that "no try" took any wind out of our sails and put them in front by 8. Had it have been a no try it would have been 12-10 with 9 minutes to go and the end result may have been very different.

Firstly I dont think its rigged, but heres a few blunders that for mine , changed the result. Thats the hard part to cop - usually errors dont decide the outcome - imo last night it did.
*That biffo Jenko is sent for 10 & Tate threw 2 punches previously - do we pull out a ruler because he ran 15 metres in while Jenning runs an extra 5??? Complete momentum change here.
*NSW on attack - player clearly taken out off ball - nothing??
*The Bird tackle - personally loved it & in SOO usually play on - led to try.
*Not convinced Thaiday had pressure on the ball when Snake appealed for the try, but still not sure why Jenko kicked straight ahead- anywhere infield & Brett scores unimposed.
*Inglis NO try- sure Farah kicked it out so at that point NO knock on but the ball then propelled into his forearm going foward making it a blatent....WTF Try??? Will never sell me 4 points on that one.
Realistically should have led or been evens at h/t - 2nd half Qld done what they always do - smart controlled footy & great defence.

The easiest way to decide if Ingliss knocked the ball on is to ask yourself: if that had happened anywhere else on the field whould it have been ruled a knock-on?
The answer is blindingly obvious. Of bloody cause it would have.
Once you get the video ref involved then common sense gets lost.

There are different rules for in goal/try in progress, not of the figurative sort, there are actual different rules, offside, stripping etc.

IMO it was definitely kicked out of his hands, no doubt about it, and it definitely went into his forearm, no real debate there. I think where you need the rulebook is if that is classed as a knock on or not, he didnt play at it so I would say play on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw8upGTJDcA for replays.

Playing at it, is not an indicator of a knock on, whether it hit the hand is an indicator of whether or not he knocked on

If he is in the process of trying to ground the ball then how is he not playing at it?

In relation to the controversial try, and after looking at it a few times in replay, I can see how the VR decided it was a try. Well in fact if he thought it was a try it should have been awarded a penalty try AND if he had of awarded a penalty try then we probably wouldn't all have been debating it today.

If the incident had happened mid field it would be a knock on and a NSW feed, but taking my Blues Goggles off for a bit I can see how the ref thought this deliberate......and if so surely a Penalty Try should have been awarded, 20-10 Queensland after the second kick in front.

its funny, sticky seems to think it was a try....

just a reason for whingy NSW supporters to have a sook IMO!
the better team won, simple!

Sadly you are correct Brookie....I said the other day (and will say again) until this great Queensland side starts to get busted up with retirements we are doomed to continued failure.

We are pretty good, but not like them... they are "bloody good"

Where is all this talk of penalty try coming from? If the reason is that Farrah raked the ball with his shin then that is a rake in goal which is never a penalty. It's play on. IF he raked it? He didn't kick at it he ran into it and dislodged it.

If a player dislodges the ball midfield with a huge hit and the ball travels forward it's called knock on poor ball security.

Brookie said:

He was being sarcastic as he did not want to get fined. He was filthy with that decision and it was glaringly obvious. Also Bill Harrigan has already said it should not have been a try. http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/referees-boss-bill-harrigan-admits-video-referee-should-not-have-awarded-greg-inglis-try/story-e6frf9if-1226365409920

Maybe they ruled Inglis charged down Farah's kick, hence play on. TRY !! ;)

torana355 said:
Brookie said:

He was being sarcastic as he did not want to get fined. He was filthy with that decision and it was glaringly obvious. Also Bill Harrigan has already said it should not have been a try. http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/referees-boss-bill-harrigan-admits-video-referee-should-not-have-awarded-greg-inglis-try/story-e6frf9if-1226365409920

Harrigan was on the radio this morning and denies having even spoken to Ricky Stuart after the game, so that article isn't exactly right (Rothfield surprise, surprise). Harrigan also said that he hasn't had a good look at the "try" so he couldn't comment whether he thought it was the right decision or not. He did say that the decision to sin bin Jennings was the correct one in his opinion, but the penalty against Bird was a poor one.

Brookie said:

The better team that only scored after referee intervention. Or are the refs part of the team?

Qld got dominated in field position by more than 300m, that is enormous at any level.

Fluffy said:
The better team that only scored after referee intervention. Or are the refs part of the team?

539951_466197856739347_294586363900.jpg

Harrigan says he hasn't had a good look at the try? What a joke. It has been shown dozens of times.
It's the same when a coach is asked about an illegality by one of his players: the response is always "I didn't get a good look at it but I'm sure he'll be sweet."

Brookie said:

I didn't think the refs were a team.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6