Organized Crime in the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
The NRL would have to be the most corrupt professional sporting code in the world. Perhaps some of the cocaine funded South American soccer leagues might challenge for the mantle.

Betting has destroyed the game as far as a fair result is concerned. Brown paper bags filled with dirty money ensure many players maintain a code of silence.

Today’s main game referee is one of the worst as far as corruption and influence is concerned. If you are able, watch his last ten appointments and it is so clear that he has chosen a winner prior to kickoff.

This has been going on now for far too long and it’s not just us who get whacked by these criminals. People who report on the game are just idiot puppets who are scared of losing their free ride...

The SBW rort is further emphasis of the crookedness that is encouraged within the code. Instead of stating the obvious, the media giggle about a sombrero or label Politis a genius.

There’s a lot of slippery parasites who have done nothing for the game who continue laughing at us fans.

Certainly feels that way, has done since 2013, or at least that's when I started noticing.
Bingo! 2013 was when the rorting became very obvious. The storm always had help before this we all know that but the nrl changed in 2013 and since then the teams they want have won the comp.
Storm roosters eels rabbits all get help every week..
Raiders manly warriors cop it so badly. Titans and dragons this wknd copped it. Knights had 7 reset starts to the dogs 1 at 1 stage.. its too obvious and sad really

Bingo! 2013 was when the rorting became very obvious. The storm always had help before this we all know that but the nrl changed in 2013 and since then the teams they want have won the comp.
Storm roosters eels rabbits all get help every week..
Raiders manly warriors cop it so badly. Titans and dragons this wknd copped it. Knights had 7 reset starts to the dogs 1 at 1 stage.. its too obvious and sad really
I do agree BBTB that the 6-again rulings have a bad feel about them a lot of the time... refs seem to get on a run of punishing one team for being 'slow' but do not pick up the opponent for the same thing... then, with 10 min to go, it becomes open slather as they put the whistle away...
Also, the capt challenge is p*ssing me off because it can only be used during a stoppage and you cant go back a play or two to when an incorrect call was made... ie. Team 1 knocks the ball on in a PTB and then score off the next tackle but there is NOTHING Team 2 can do about it because play didn't stop when it happened...

The NRL would have to be the most corrupt professional sporting code in the world. Perhaps some of the cocaine funded South American soccer leagues might challenge for the mantle.

Betting has destroyed the game as far as a fair result is concerned. Brown paper bags filled with dirty money ensure many players maintain a code of silence.

Today’s main game referee is one of the worst as far as corruption and influence is concerned. If you are able, watch his last ten appointments and it is so clear that he has chosen a winner prior to kickoff.

This has been going on now for far too long and it’s not just us who get whacked by these criminals. People who report on the game are just idiot puppets who are scared of losing their free ride...

The SBW rort is further emphasis of the crookedness that is encouraged within the code. Instead of stating the obvious, the media giggle about a sombrero or label Politis a genius.

There’s a lot of slippery parasites who have done nothing for the game who continue laughing at us fans.
FIFA anybody?
Also the Greek mafia in Melbourne had their hands in the AFL for years throughout the 90s..
I think the NRL do pretty well for itself in terms of having people in ownership/ admin side of things that aren't affiliated with any syndicates of any sort... at least we know of. The corruption in the NRL only comes down to babboons that aren't fit enough to be in their respected positions.. that and uncle nick has deep pockets

The league is littered with conflict of interests. Too many games have clouds hanging over them. While the league has been seen to be vocal against players it doesnt do enough to ensure the refs or officials have the credability the game needs

Under previous management the refs looked sacrificial to hide the other issues within the game , a political decoy as such, but this has given them an unjustified belief in both there abilities but also there place in the game.

A few of the refs have dubious results with certain teams and some still hang on from the days when refs had tip sheets on players to penalise, which defies belief that a league would even consider such a pre judgemented approach to adjudication.

The refs seem to have a belief that they are part of the product and this is wrong. They seem determined to keep themselves in the spotlight and egos do need fluffing and thats cheap

Id like to know what scrutiny refs are under to ensure the game has integrity

Its not the rub of the green. We are way past that ****

6 agains, what tackle , score at time.
And the 10 meteres , ruck speed.
With a chip in the ball the refs and the player real data could be collected after the result and i reckon this data would prove damning

I think we would lose 5 referess overnight

The Olympics Committee has everybody covered ..... having said that I think some people are living to close to the flight paths and chemtrails .....

Oh no are you trying to tell me that after every gambling promo when they throw in the byline "Gamble responsibly" is not working. I don't believe it. I was so sure it would be a full proof way to be a deterrent against, people losing their home, family falling apart, and players betting on game. I am shattered, just shattered.

A few of the refs have dubious results with certain teams and some still hang on from the days when refs had tip sheets on players to penalise, which defies belief that a league would even consider such a pre judgemented approach to adjudication.

The refs seem to have a belief that they are part of the product and this is wrong.

I was sent the following article, which depicts that the AFL seems to have the same corruption crisis as the NRL. Funny that, I wonder if the AFL rot also started when they sold their game to the media and it ceased being sport and started being 'entertainment'.....

One step up from the NRL debacle is the AFL has umpires coming out in the media defending their performance but noone is seemingly allowed to respond.

Also funny is how a large part of the AFL 'controversy' has a focal point in a single rule which allows referees to control the 'momentum' of a game......similar to the '6 again'.

Why should AFL umpires be protected from criticism?

Umpires have been a protected species for too long and should be subjected to the same intense scrutiny as everyone else in the game.

If Ray Chamberlain, the publicity-seeking torchbearer of the umpiring fraternity, is more than happy to state his case publicly, then he and his fellow officials deserve to be criticised when it is warranted.

The man known as "Razor Ray" told Melbourne radio station SEN last week he was satisfied with the lopsided free kick count in the Geelong-Collingwood game in round seven (22-10 in the Magpies' favour) and went on to say that on reflection the gap should have been greater.

So while Chamberlain is free to justify his performance in the media, even the slightest criticism of him or his colleagues draws an angry response from the AFL's hierarchy.
The League argues it is hard enough to attract umpires without undue public scrutiny. Coaches and players have been sanctioned and fined - and earlier this month former Port Adelaide midfielder and media commentator Kane Cornes was forced to apologise for comments he made about umpires.

The standard of umpiring continued to be a hot topic last weekend when Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson questioned the lopsided free-kick count in his post-match comments after the loss to Sydney, and his Port Adelaide counterpart Ken Hinkley had a subtle dig at the officials after being defeated by St Kilda.

There was also plenty of discussion about the treatment of Carlton co-captain Patrick Cripps, who was subjected to unfair tactics without being rewarded in the Blues' win over North Melbourne.

The rule attracting much controversy recently has been the adjudication of holding the ball after Clarkson last month urged umpires to reward the tackler and pay more free kicks.

The AFL responded immediately to the Hawks coach's plea, with umpires applying a stricter interpretation of the rule by punishing players who don't make a genuine attempt to dispose of the ball.

Australian Football is a difficult game to officiate with many grey areas in its interpretations and umpires are doing it as tough as anyone else in these challenging times, with their preparation and training affected.

It is important to point out that the AFL sets the guidelines under which umpires make their decisions.

But Chamberlain and his fellow officials have to realise fans don't turn up to watch them. They are not meant to be the centre of attention, they're there purely to do a job and fade into the background, allowing the players to be in the spotlight.

Umpires are an integral component of the sport and their decisions can and do affect results of games.

This story It's time to put AFL umpires under more scrutiny first appeared on The Canberra Times.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4